Boots No7 Day Fluid for Oily/Combination Skin

No Image

2.3

on 3/26/2010 11:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Makes my face feel soft and smooth but really doesn't moisturize enough. leaves my skin feeling tight and dry.

on 6/19/2009 4:52:00 PM

This isnt a bad product, just not for me!
PROS:-
Provides good moisture for my combo skin
good make up base
good packaging
CONS:-
Smells awful!
Doesnt do anything for my oily t zone
Leaves a film on my face, makes it feel yucky!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this product. On one hand it doesn't affect my acne or anything...on the other hand I quite literally can feel a film coating my face when I put it on. I will run my hands across my face after applying it and KNOW I have moisturizer on, which is a little disconcerting. I've also noticed that in heat and my face gets oily I think the moisterizer seals it in and then I get little oil pockets in my pores...not quite white heads but I still need to squish them out...which is annoying and gross. I usually apply VERY VERY little when I wear it, as I so learned from my mistakes when I pumped a dime shaped glob the first few times I used it.

However, when I apply makeup over it I don't get the oil pockets, which is weird...so it looks to be a good moisterizer for a makeup base. A friend who had to use white face paint on me when I had to act as a Geisha in a play said that the moisterizer I was wearing was really good cause the makeup spread so nicely. So I know it's not a low quality makeup...however, for its claims to help oily skin...I disagree. It probably would work better for a normal/drier skinned person since the surface seems to seal everything in, moisture, oil and all.

Verdict. It's not a BAD product per say...just not for me.