Savage Bronzer ] [DISCONTINUED]

Savage Bronzer ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Aloe barbedensis leaf juice, water, dihydroxyacetone, glycerin, pentylene glycol, decyl glucoside, PPG-5-ceteth-20, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, sodium bisulfite, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, propylene glycol, fragrance, blue 1, red 40, yellow 6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has really dark color and looks reddish mud/dirt on my skin. This will not work on my NC20-25 skin color. I think I need more lighter color bronzer.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Not again!!! Another GOOD product--and they discontinue it!!!! This was the BEST I've tried!!! Lasted long-color guard faded-but my tan underneath STAYED (unlike overpriced Fake Bake crap that washes away and leaves you still "untanned")..I still see this at Sallys Beauty Supply stores..one is Tulsa still sells it...

I LOVE the shimmer lotion too!!!!!!!! And the price is afforable and doesn't leave you broke just to be tan!! This one is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ive tried over 100 self tanners --trust me--this one won't let you down!

i had the luck to swap one of the rare self-tanner.

and i can confirm :

THIS is (was) truly the best self tanner on earth ♥♥♥

i still keep shaking my head that they discontinued selling it.

♥ sinks in fast

♥ feels after 30sec. like nothing on the skin

♥ color indicator is soooooooo amazing. it is not too dark but very visible

♥ smells like chocolate marshmallow

♥ 5 days NO fading

wow. i think i gonna start to cry.

though my St.Tropez Self-Tanning Mousse is also very good.

it´s my HG ! after Savage Bronzer.

on 11/30/2008 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was lucky to get a bottle of this before it was discontinued. It comes in a pump bottle that diffuses a light foam. It dries quickly, doesn't smell too bad, and gives a believable tan to my pasty legs (I love wearing jeans). I was actually surprised that it lasted three days for me before it started to fade. I just make sure to moisturize everyday and use gentle body washes and soaps where I apllied the self-tanner. I highly recommend if you are ever lucky to get a bottle.

I love this foam, it's super easy to apply! After trying many self tanners, have been using this for years after reading reviews here. Very cheap, lasts a long time, gives a great brown color, compared to other self tanners. Again, the foam is very easy to apply! Smells like self tanner crossed with chocolate cake....but I have yet to find a good self tanner that doesn't smell terrible. I put it on and sleep in it overnight!

eh I didn't think it was that great at all. Dont be so upset people.
I saw a few bottles at my sally's with that clearance tag but I wasn't even tempted to buy them.
I remember putting it on one night when I was staying home and watching movies, I put on like 3 coats over several hours. really sticky. I liked the color because it looked like more of a neutral brown but after I showered I realized the color I was seeing was just the colorguide. The color I was left with was just like any other self tanner- orangey.
And even after all those coats, I hardly had much color and it faded really fast.
I know the price was great but I used up half the bottle in one night. It just wasn't potent enough. I am usually frugal and all about using drugstore products, but I really reccomend
"Estee Lauder fast tan spray." Natural color and long lasting.

Unfortunately, our favorite sunless tanner was discontinued. And by discontinued, I mean it is GONE forever. My friend who works at Sally's informed me that the company that distributed it, went bankrupt and out of business....

I have been on a mission to find another tanning product that works as good as Savage Bronze, however, 3 months later, I am still unsuccessful. I have searched high & low, to no avail. I used SB for nearly 4 years, and I loved it.

This has ruined my summer. I really can't wait for this season to get over with.

*****************UPDATE********************
I have spent months & months trying to find a replacement for Savage Bronze... and low & behold, I HAVE FOUND IT!!!! I am so happy, I could pee! I have tried countless products, and then I discovered St. Tropez Tinted Whipped Mousse... and let me tell you, it is EVERYTHING Savage Bronze was.... AND MORE!!!!! The color guide is better than SB and the scent is FAR SUPERIOR!!!! [the scent reminds me of a body dusting powder that my grandmother used to put on. I love it.] As I was applying it with the Body Shop Self Tanning Mitt, I seriously looked like I had spent the last entire month worshipping the sun! It's freaking AMAZING! I am so relieved and SO IN LOVE. You have no idea. The only downside, is that St. Tropez costs more than TWICE what SB did..... but after months & months of wasted money spent on other STs.... St. Tropez is WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!! I'll never buy another product until St. Tropez gets discontinued.

***NOTE, St. Tropez is sold at Ulta & Sephora, and several places online. Once you have tried it & see for yourself how amazing this stuff is, begin buying the 8oz as opposed to the 4oz. It's cheaper that way, and most times you can find sales online. HAPPY TANNING!

on 6/6/2008 6:16:00 PM

I am devastated that this product has been discontinued. I am a pale red head and this stuff looks so natural and sexy. went to Sally today & none of the sales people seem to have known about Savage Bronze's cult following. They suggested Toma's Self Tanning Lotion . I bought it, tried it on my inner arm & it made me red and blotchy. eeeek ive never had an illergic reaction to anything before!

BRING IT BACK

OMG! I am new here, and so glad that I am not alone...I have been using this product, as some of you, for years. It was the PERFECT color, easy to apply, totally believable AND the price was very affordable! Even my closest friends didn't know if was not the "real thing".

Girls, I think that we should ALL go to the Sally Beauty Supply website and complain. Until I read this message board, I thought that I was the only one, but HELLO...obviously NOT!! If enough of us "gritch" about it...maybe they will re-think discontinuing this wonderful product.

I am sure that there are other self tanners that are equally as believeable in color, but I don't want to settle for something less and pay more for it...that sucks! :(

Has anyone found a product that is as good and as inexpensive as our fav?

Thanks!

I AM HERE TO SAVE ALL OF YOU!! WE all loved savage bronze. But... its discontinued..... :( BOO! but... GOOD NEWS! SEPHORA BRAND body tinted self tanning mist is AWESOME!!!!! and 100% Better go try it you will be glad you did!!!!