Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit

Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit

4.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this on clearance for around only 5$ so it was a great deal! The color selection is very lacking, I got the one called Light, which is the more cool toned of the two choices I had. The package is very user-friendly and it's small enough to fit into your pouch/bag/purse if need to. I only used the darker shade to shape the end of my eyebrows and thanks to the green-gray tone in the powder, it looks very natural. The texture of the powder sucks though, it flakes a lot when you use a brush but that's fine, since it wasn't super pricey. I don't think I'll use the highlight shade because it's too frosty but that's just my opinion. Overall this was a great purchase.

on 2/17/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I have a lot of brow products; as I'm older, I don't want the over-the-top heavy and ultra-defined brows popular now. My hair is mostly white, but my brows are still medium ash brown (a little darker than my former natural hair color). I waffled between the light and medium kits, got the light and I'm glad I did! The darker shade is PLENTY dark.

I dislike reddish brown brow colors; so many browns are reddish, and it looks so unnatural! At least for the light kit, both colors do not lean red, for which I'm glad. The brow colors have fine pigmentation without being too dense and looking clownish.

Re: the tiny tools--I already have a longer brow brush (the kind with a spoolie on one end and an angled application brush on the other) and use that. I am a Tweezerman girl, so unlikely I'll use the tiny tweezers (though I've left them in there; never know when you might need emergency tweezers!

Surprisingly to me, my fave part of this kit is the highlighter. I do my eye makeup first, then foundation on my forehead, then brows. I use the tiny sponge applicator (both because I don't have to dig around for a brush, and because it's right there and works just fine) to put just a dab of highlight right under the high point of my arch. At my age I try to avoid extreme frost / shimmer under the brow, but like a subtle sheen; this works great, added to my overall eyeshadow. Though I said I'd repurchase, I doubt I'll ever hit pan on this...

To Read all 158 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Looks like I am in the minority with this one... I just had no luck with this. They are a hot mess to use for the brows for me and I even tried using them as eyeshadows and that was a hot mess as well. Just for me they were way too chalky and tons of fallout. And the main thing is for me, the pigmentation lacks severely. I've tried the the light and the medium ones (my eyebrows are dark blonde) and none of the 3 shades in both 'kits' had really any pigmentation to speak of, and to add more, just made a chalky fallout mess. Well I should back up a bit, at first the 3 shades are 'hard'..like, I almost feel lik I have to dig to get them out (maybe the two that I got were bad..? Yeah, I did not learn my lesson the first time and bought one of these again..)..but after trying to biuld up any color and jut getting tons of dust and powder everywhere, I gave up. Pity, because the case is awesome, especially for travel.

While the concept is great, and it is cool that they have the little tweezers and brush right in the compact, but in the end for me the little 'extras' don't matter if the product does not perform. I would have given it the dreaded 1 star but the shades are great, if you can get them to work right. The shades are not 'too ashy' and not 'too red' or golden (ie, not too cool and not too warm...), these are nice/natural/neutral shades. BUT, I even tried these wet as a last attempt and was just a no go for me. I think the formula is just too dry for me.

Bummer, because I really wanted to like these, because they ARE very affordable. But to me I guess you get what you pay for with these and I think for me eyebrows are just one thing I 'need' to splurge on rather than save, to get decent looking results. Those who can get this to work and rock these powdery shades, lucky you. These just were a total disaster for me. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this for my brows, and since I am super cheap I use this as eyeshadow and contour as well. The slanted brush that comes with this is very nice and I will be reusing this brush. Too brown for brows

I like the colors because they aren't too dark nor reddish. If I could redesign this package I'd get rid of the highlighter because I have a million of them already, and replace it with a wax to hold the hairs in place and give the powder something to cling onto. Get rid of the mirror, which is useless since I need a magnifying mirror, and with the space saved, put in a bigger angle brush and a spiral brush.

on 9/22/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I think I may have finally found my favorite brow product. I used Nyx's brow powder compact thing for a long time, and still love it, but I was looking for something warm-toned now that I'm going back to my natural ginger color and have stopped dying my brows darker. But most of the colors called "auburn" or in that general range are way too red, or are just a really weird shade, or too dark.

I prefer powder over pencils because it's a lot easier to me to make them look natural with powder. I got this in the Medium shade, and primarily use the lighter matte color, a nice warm medium brown. Perfect for filling in my eyebrows and keeping the warm tones without having straight-up orange or red brows.

The powders are really nicely pigmented, and the highlighting powder is nice to have, too. It's not a super in-your-face highlighter, just a nice shimmery glow.

Plus, I love that it comes with the three tools. Sponge-tip applicator, eyebrow brush, and a little tweezer. The sponge applicator and eyebrow brush are decent enough that you could use them on the go if you didn't have anything else with you. The tweezers are teeny-tiny but they're nice and sharp and grip hairs well.

Then under the tools, it has a mirror. It has pretty much everything you could need in one little compact. I'm glad it doesn't come with a wax or anything because personally, I don't use wax (prefer clear mascara) so that's not there taking up space.

Overall, I think this is a really great value for your money. I got it at Walmart foooooor I believe $6-something? If you buy it and don't like it for your brows, they make nice eyeshadows, too.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I actually like this brow kit. It has dark shade so I could fill in my brows and medium shade for the outline. Bonus hilite too. with tweezers, brush and sponge brush. it last long without the brow mascara

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I do not tweeze or shape my eyebrows. I use this kit solely to darken them. I really love the natural shape and arch of my brows (thanks Dad!) and my mom once told me never to start tweezing your eyebrows or else you would never be able to stop.

Though I happen to be that 1 in 1,000 girl who actually does love her natural eyebrows, I do wish they were a little bit darker and thicker. I have used pencil, and the ELF eyebrow kit (too light) and most recently, a brow gel. Enter in the Milani Brow Fix Kit.

I stopped using Rimmel's eyebrow pencil because to me, pencil just looks extremely harsh and fake. You could always tell where I had darkened my brows and I really did not care for that look. It's also extremely hard for me to blend pencil, and the brush that the Rimmel pencil came with did not help at all. I used the ELF eyebrow kit and I didn't like that on me, the brow gel shows up as this very unnatural reddish brown color. The kit is also too light for me, even in the Medium shade. I had almost resigned myself to buying the Anastasia DipBrow kit, when I decided to try one more time at my local drugstore.

I picked up this kit at Walgreens for about $9. It was the last one there, and I really didn't have high hopes for the kit. I went home and attempted to use the little brush that the kit comes with to do my brows. It stuck all over the place so I threw it and the tweezers away. I used the bottom color as a filler, with an angled eyeliner brush from Target to darken my brows slightly. This works extremely well. The first time I used this kit I mixed the reddish brown color into my brows, which looked ridiculous until I figured out that the reddish brown is supposed to go onto the outer edges. Now I simply fill in my brows to their desired darkness with the bottom color and use the second one on the widest part of my arch.

I sometimes blend the colors out with the little smudge brush, but usually, I love the results and don't need to do anything more. I'm so glad I found this kit before paying $30 for the DipBrow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is a true gem.
it comes with three powders; highlight, light matte shade, and dark matte shade
It also comes with a mini eyeshadow applicator sponge, mini angled liner brush, and mini pair of tweezers. these three extras are packed so wonderfully, they all set into a little moveable wedge with three holes... one for each pieces. the wedge "locks" into place when it's up
The outside packaging seems very durable and has a button open/close

The three powders are amazing! the highlight has slight shimmer in it, but just enough to give it a glow. The other two powders are matte and very pigmented. I love how it comes with two shades, so I can make my brows look nice and natural and well blended.
I've used all these powders as eye shadows, and they are wonderful neutral shadows, too!!!!

The quality of the three pieces is above average. I really like the angled brush.
The tweezers are angled which makes them good and usable, but I wouldn't be able to tweeze/shape my whole brow with them. They're perfect for stray hairs
The sponge applicator is basic, too. but good to have.
When I first apply this at my makeup counter, I use my own implements, just because mine are full size and the ones that come in the kit have short handles. They're great for on-the-go!!
Some may see the small implements as a negative, but you have to remember they're small bc they're travel friendly. and yes, they are useable!!
There is also a small mirror under the implements! this kit has everything!!

I have one kit on my makeup counter, and another in my purse for on-the-go
Highly recommend!! It is great quality at a great price.
I'm blonde with fair/tanned skin and shade 1 was perfect.
The only thing this kit is missing is brow wax or brow gel. It doesn't really have anything to hold the brows in place.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I swear by this kit. I don't use the tweezer (too small for my preference) but the small angled brush is the best for filling in my brows.

I tend to run out of the highlighter so fast -_- so I make sure to always have an extra pigmented light shade of eyeshadow to use just in case. This stuff is great.

Popular Brows Products