Thermasilk Intensive Conditioning thermal wrap

No Image

4.3

on 5/14/2006 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an OK product, but frankly, I think the bonnet thing is gimmicky. It conditioned my hair, but not any more so than other products I've used that are far less work. You only get about 4-5 uses per tube, but considering the price, it's not bad.

on 11/23/2005 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

this product was awesome. It left my hair smelling great and shiny. The only thing I didn't like was that the tube is two small. I wish I would of gotten more use out of it better it ran out. I plan to buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

The tube is a bit too little, but this stuff is absolutely unparalled by any of the higher end hair products for delivering shine, anti frizz, and body. My normally wavy, somewhat wiry but fine hair is so silky and conditioned, with a whole new life to it, this stuff is truly amazing. Would buy again and again.

I don't know if mine was a defect, but my "thermal wrap" was white, not purple. In the instructions it said that sections of the wrap would turn white, but never the whole thing, but mine is white even when I am not applying heat. The conditioner is ok, next time I will leave it on for an hour like a previous poster suggested.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of the things I love about MUA is the generosity of my fellow swappers. I was lucky enough that 2 great ladies from the US sent me this product as part of some swaps. This product is awesome for thick, processed hair. I understand that this is a drugstore item in the US and I feel that it represents excellent value.

This treatment consists of a reusable hair wrap and a tube of conditioning treatment. Basically, you wash your hair and then wring it dry, apply the treatment and wrap your hair and then blast with a hairdryer for a minute. After at least 2 minutes, you remove the wrap and rinse out the conditioner.

At first I was sceptical as it all sounded too much like hard work. It does require some planning ahead in terms of your shower/bath ritual. I wash my hair, put the treatment in and while I am waiting for the rinse off time - I run a bath, exfoliate and shave etc etc...

The results are very good - the best I have had from all the treatments I have tried so far (and there are at least a cupboard full). My hair is soft, shiny and manageable.

The wrap is sturdy enough for 3 - 4 uses. I have thick, long hair and reckon I will get 3 -4 uses from the tube of treatment provided. The wrap is well designed and is big enough to accomadate all of my hair (and my head) with ease and it fastens neatly with the button and loop attachement. My hair stayed put in the wrap and I was able to do other things easily with it on.

There is a word of caution on the package about not letting your hairdryer get to close to the cap for fear of putting a hole into it - this never happened to me and I gave my hair a fair blasting with the hairdryer - I was careful to keep the dryer at least 10cm away from my head at all times.

I love this treatment and am actively seeking more of them to add to my stash....

on 1/26/2004 10:02:00 PM

Ok, you're supposed to put the cap they provide on like a sort of turban type thing, the snaps go in the back. I was rather surprised to see the tube of conditioner so small, but for the money, not a big deal. I put the conditioner on (you should leave it on for at least one half hour) and fixed the wrap on my head. After applying the product and fitting the cap on, you are supposed to hold the blow dryer over your head and the cap is supposed to turn a different color. I did not notice the color turning and I did hold the dryer on it for a good fifteen minutes. I tend to like to let a conditioner really penetrate and find that I get better results when I leave it on for at least an hour. I have extensions and dry, wavy hair naturally and I feel I need the longer time. I must say, this is one of the better conditioners I've used. My hair felt immediately silkier, looked very shiny, and was much more supple and lively looking, the extensions liked it too!!!! I haven't been completely impressed with Thermasilk products in the past, but this is a winner!!!!! Will definitely repurchase!!!!

on 1/27/2003 10:47:00 PM

Got this on sale for $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart (cdn). Saw an ad for it in a September's issue of GLOW magazine. I must say it left my hair very shiny! Definetly worth the price, and I'll be buying it again after I'm done with the rest of the conditioner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am really fond of using curling irons on my hair and thought this would be a way to condition and protect it from thermal abuse.

It is kinda fussy to put one's hair up in the wrap, and my wrap did not turn white at all (contrary to the instructions). I felt that this product did a decent job of conditioning my hair, but the Thermasilk conditioner does just as well as this wrap thingy and is quicker and easier.

on 9/14/2002 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just used this for the first time and I must say that I am impressed!!! My hair is pretty damaged from bleach and straightening but now it is so soft and shiny! It feels like silk!!! It was a pain to have to get back into the shower after using it to rinse it out but the results are so worth it!!! I highly recommend this product!

This is a great product to use every once in a while...it made my hair very shiny and soft. My hair is usually very dry because of hair dye, but this helped a lot! I have repurchased this and will again...My hair is long and thick and it says 2-4 uses so I figured I would only get 2 at the most but even I got 4, so that little tube goes a long way! Only drawback is you have to put it on wet, clean hair, then blowdry, then hop back in the shower to rinse it out. Not very convenient!!