BeneFit Cosmetics Erase Paste in Fair

BeneFit Cosmetics Erase Paste in Fair

3.6

Holy grail under eye corrector. I have used this for about 10 years faithfully. It is very emollient and superb for dryer under eyes. It layers with other concealers really well too. Less is more with this product too if you go over board it'll crease. I only put it where I have darkness since that is what it's meant for. I will use this until I no longer can do my makeup!!

This is a wonderful dark circle neutralizer. I have considerably dark circles (kind of red / purple) and I have tried the Erase Paste (in fair and medium) and Bobbi Brown corrector (in bisque). Both are quite similar, the biggest difference is in consistence / texture. While the Bobbi Brown Corrector is a bit more difficult to spread, the Erase Paste is smoother, pasty and spreads easily, it's more emolient and for my dry under eye area it's better than the Bobbi Brown one. The Shade Bisque (BB) and Medium (Benefit) are dupes. You don't need much of this product, a little definitely goes a loooong way. It's a pasty product, so obviouly it's gonna crease (especially if you apply too much) and you have to set it with powder. For my skin tone (MAC NC10, NC15) I can get away using the shade Fair alone. If I use the shade Medium, I need to mix it with a light concealer because alone it does look pink / salmon. Bear in mind that these correctors are REALLY pigmented, so apply only a little bit and only where your dark circles are, avoid the area right under your eyes where the fine lines are, that's where it's gonna crease and emphasize wrinkles.

I don't think it's a good product for people with oily under eye area because it's quite creamy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While this product was effective for concealing small blemishes, I found it terrible for usage in the under-eye area. I purchased the fair shade, which I found had peachy undertones. The pigmentation good, however due to the peach undertone it made my skin look an orange colour. The consistency was indeed very paste-like. It was super thick and sticky and caused creases to form under the eyes. Additionally, I found that it did not set and remained sticky all day even with a setting powder, which meant that it was hugely transferable with even just a little touch. This made application a nightmare. I tried to pat it in using my ring finger and the product would move around instead of concealing, causing patches of darker areas. My under eye area is considerably dark due to hereditary factors, so it looked awful. I have found cheap, drug store concealers that are more effective than this. Due to not setting, the product remained incredibly shiny all day and made my skin look oily even though I have a normal skin tone. It also felt heavy on the skin, creating that 'cakey' feeling. I feel like this product is useful for only very small blemishes and light under-eye circles, as packing on more than just a very small amount will cause shininess, creases, stickiness and a peach colour. The coverage would be great for darker circles and blemishes if the formula was better. On a more positive note, the packaging is super cute and I will use up product for small blemishes. Although, this does not justify it's somewhat high price and I will not repurchase the product again.

I have tried several under eye circle neutralizers, and compared to the other products that I have tried several under eye circle neutralizers, and erase paste is more expensive and does NOT provide better coverage than the other neutralizers. To be fair, I have not had much luck with getting under eye neutralizers (usually a orangy/peachy color) to cover up my under eye circles, and feel like concealers do a better job of hiding them. However, I have under eye circle neutralizers from MUFE (camouflage cream palette), NYX (dark circle concealer), Jane Iredale (enlighten 1), and several other brands, and erase paste is no better than the cheaper neutralizers that I have tried.

It might be effective for covering the barely noticeable under eye circles, but then so will most concealers that you could also use on the rest of your face. For covering the darker under eye circles, erase paste is not very good at hiding them (and actually provides less coverage than some of the other neutralizers I tried).

on 6/27/2016 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't have high hopes for Erase Paste once I saw how thick it looked. I was wrong.

I am using it on my under-eyes only since Fair shade is too light for the rest of my face. It is very pigmented and covers my moderately dark under-eye circles quite well. It does not settle into my fine lines (many thinner and faster drying concealers do) probably because it is very creamy.

I apply quite a small amount of product and blend it very well. Setting powder is always a must for me too. The concealer does not crease on me all day long. However, I see how it could be less liked by people with very oily skin.

on 4/21/2016 10:50:00 AM

All the glowing reviews here made me run out and buy Erase Paste but it just doesn't work on me. The texture is hard and doesn't melt and emphasizes wrinkles so that I have a big slice under my eye. OK, I have a low temperature and makeup does not always melt into my skin so that may be the problem. So -- back to research.

on 10/19/2015 5:00:00 PM

overall very good under eye concealer. I wear the lightest color and find that it works well to minimize my dark circles. I haven't used it for blemishes I have a different concealer by Estée Lauder that I use for that. the only downfall is that it is a little oily feeling and must set with powder. an although I understand the spatula concept I find that it is not practical and toss it in the trash.

on 10/14/2015 7:47:00 AM

I have a love hate relationship with this product...I have dark circles and orange based colours really help to minimise the appearance of them. This product looks great after the initial application, however I've noticed that after a few hours it starts to crease very badly to an almost embarrassing level! In the sense that I was very glad that I checked myself in the mirror. It not only accentuated wrinkles but also was settling in to them creating a goey appearance and also seems to make my eyeliner run down my eyes faster.I use this only under my eyes which is perhaps not the way the product was meant for.. I'm not sure if It is geared more towards scarring/hyper-pigmentation/etc. But for under the eyes, it makes wrinkles come out that I didn't even know were there. I think I will stick to using this but only for blemishes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was pleasantly surprised by this! I received it from a friend who tried it once and did not like it. Luckily, the included spatula keeps things hygienic.

I usually don't love Benefit's products, but this one really works for me. The color is a bit too dark/orange for my skin, but I use it underneath foundation, and I find that it's not at all noticeable once it's blended. I apply with a foundation brush, then blend with a damp Real Techniques sponge.

I have very dry skin, and I find that many concealers are so heavy that, even when they correct my skin color, they bring out all sorts of bumps, wrinkles, and other imperfections in my skin's texture. For me, this does the opposite. Decreasing my pore visibility has never been my priority, but I was surprised to see how well and easily this product did. I use triangles of this concealer under my eyes, and while the primary goal was to cover my dark circles, I noticed that the pores in that area were completely smooth and invisible.

This is a fairly full-coverage foundation with a texture between a cream and a wax. I haven't had any problems with the concealer fading or coming off, but it might be a problem for those with oilier complexions. Overall, I would recommend. The lack of color matching means I probably won't purchase another one for myself, but I think this is a product that could work very well for some.

I have been buying Erase Paste for many years and adore how blendable it is. The applicator stick also means things are kept nice and hygienic, a plus if you're anxious about fingertip germs getting into your products.

The main issue with the formula is that in order for it to be so user-friendly, it's packed with oils - not so good if you already have combination/oily skin. Shortly after applying, it starts to slide off your nose and never lasts a whole day... even with primer. 'Fair' is ever-so-slightly too red-toned for my skin (on my Irish-Australian SO, it suits better!) and can sometimes look patchy. I've not used it for dark circles in ages since the greasy consistency means it easily sinks into any creases.

It's a decent product, but no longer my HG. I'm now trying Stila's Stay All Day concealer to see how that compares.