Too Faced Borderline - Anti Feathering Lip Pencil, Clear

Too Faced Borderline - Anti Feathering Lip Pencil, Clear

4.1

on 6/27/2016 1:40:00 PM

I don't have any colored lip liners, so I find a lot of use for this product and I really do like it. It can and does work really well, but not consistently. Its success depends on which lip product you pair it with. It works at least somewhat with most, if not all, lip products. It's definitely not a bad product but I wouldn't repurchase because there are a lot of cheaper options that people recommend that probably work just as well (like the E.L.F. lip lock). I will be trying those next.

I don't wear bright or dark lipsticks much, so I did not find a lot of use for the product. I tried it and it seemed to work. Did help to hold the lipstick in place. The thing I did not like about the pencil was that it felt way too soft to my liking. I prefer a firmer liner.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my third invisible lip liner and by far the best. The first was Lipstick Queen's. It crumbled, would not retract into the case and broke off. I used it three times! The Sally Hansen performed better but something in it made my sensitive lips tingle, and not in a good way.

Then I saw the Too Faced product. I am not sure why i didn't try it first because I like their eye primer. Well, this goes on smoothly, did not crumble and kept color from going into the lip lines Mother Nature gave me as a birthday gift a few years ago.

I do not wear really dark lipstick colors. I tend to use things only a few shades darker than my lips. ( My go to lipsticks are Clinique Beauty, Shy and the discontnued PoppyShine. This liner worked on those but did not keep Benetint rose lipstain out of my liplines though I doubt anything would as it is a vibrant color and very liquid.

Possible downside- this product has to be sharpened. This is not an issue for me.

Very standard. It did what it was supposed to. No irritation. No weird smell. Every liner I have purchased like this one performs exactly the same. I would not buy again only because of cost. Paula's Choice has the same thing for $7 (which is still too high! LOL)

I cannot understand why the Body Shop stopped doing this sort of clear, anti-feathering lip liner. I used to buy two at a time and then they stopped selling them and since then I haven't found anything as good for a similar price. This one is good but I cannot stomach the price! Instead I go through the daily routine of using a lip conditioner/primer (Clinique All About Lips), a firming and mattifying make-up primer (currently Gale Hayman Youth Plus) foundation/powder, lip liner, blend in my lipstick, blot all over then add either another layer of lipstick or some gloss. It's something I do every day now anyway, it works, my lips are in excellent condition(!) and I don't have to re-purchase this very expensive item. If anyone knows of something very similar for half the price please let us all know in case feathering becomes a problem again!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The only reason I won't repurchase is the price and the fact that other products can and do the same thing for less $. But this does work well I can't lie. Bought it to keep my red lips in place and it certainly does that. It creates a wax barrier around the lips and stops any feathering and bleeding.

Once I run out, try another product and I see if there is or isn't a difference...I may have to change my "won't buy again" rating lol

on 2/28/2013 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product.I can wear dark lipstick again.I don't need it for light colors but definitely opened up my color options 100%.

on 2/16/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I need this for Ruby Woo Mac lipsticks. And I am old and my lips feather like crazy. I do wish I could some how put chapstick in a pencil because that is what this is. But it works. And it has no color to conflict with any of my lipsticks or glosses. This goes on smoother than my other lip liners and still has the wax to keep my lip color from feathering. I will definitely buy this again.

on 11/17/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AWESOME!! the best one of this type I have ever used and I have tried so many. It really is perfect. Works great - really keeps lipstick /liner in place and on longer. And I like the fact that it is slender instead of wide like my previous Bliss Lip Guaze. I love it- and went back and got another!

on 10/13/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product does exactly what its name promises - it acts as an invisible borderline to keep make-up from feathering. When I apply around the lipline, it keeps even runny red lipstains from feathering. I tried it under my eyes, and found that it keeps liner from getting in the fine lines below my eyes. This is a new staple in my make-up drawer. I will repurchase.

Popular Lip Liners