Too Faced Borderline - Anti Feathering Lip Pencil, Clear

Too Faced Borderline - Anti Feathering Lip Pencil, Clear
Too faced anti-feathering clear lip linerBorderline - Anti Feathering Lip Pencil, Clear

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tend to gravitate toward the "no makeup makeup" or my "skin but better" looks since I find those flatter me the most and fit my needs for work and school.

Consequently, I don't wear a lot of bold lipsticks so I don't have a nice collection of decent lip liners. I received this as a gift for my birthday and I'm so glad I got it. Since I have started to venture out and wear more red lips/bolder lip colors for special occasions, I needed something that would work with multiple shades and this fits the bill.

The pencil is cute, like most Too Faced products, the packaging is whimsical and fun. The lip liner itself is soft and can crumble if you apply too much pressure, so I tend to use a lighter hand to apply. It does require sharpening and is non-retractable which why I only gave it 4 instead of 5 lippies.

It is incredibly drying despite the texture and consistency. You'll want to make sure you exfoliate your lips before applying. I find that it does work to keep my lipstick from bleeding, but I'm not sure how much staying power it actually provides since I don't know if that can be attributed to the lipstick brands and formulas or the lip liner.

All in all, this is a solid product if you don't want to keep lip liners in every lip color you have laying around. I honestly prefer the NYX pencils to this one, but again, since I don't wear bold lips that often, it works for my purposes.

on 12/26/2016 6:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

A great concept, but it doesn't anywhere near live up to its promises or work the way it's supposed to. This pencil is very finicky. It works perfectly fine with certain lip products in my collection, and then not at all with others. I find it fails to work far more often than it actually works. I gradually found myself reaching for it less and less, and now I don't reach for it at all because I already know there's a 90% or so chance it won't work. It's also not retractable which is kind of annoying. If it at least worked properly I wouldn't mind, but it's a disappointment all around. This product is really overpriced in my opinion, there are cheaper dupes on the market.

I don't wear bright or dark lipsticks much, so I did not find a lot of use for the product. I tried it and it seemed to work. Did help to hold the lipstick in place. The thing I did not like about the pencil was that it felt way too soft to my liking. I prefer a firmer liner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my third invisible lip liner and by far the best. The first was Lipstick Queen's. It crumbled, would not retract into the case and broke off. I used it three times! The Sally Hansen performed better but something in it made my sensitive lips tingle, and not in a good way.

Then I saw the Too Faced product. I am not sure why i didn't try it first because I like their eye primer. Well, this goes on smoothly, did not crumble and kept color from going into the lip lines Mother Nature gave me as a birthday gift a few years ago.

I do not wear really dark lipstick colors. I tend to use things only a few shades darker than my lips. ( My go to lipsticks are Clinique Beauty, Shy and the discontnued PoppyShine. This liner worked on those but did not keep Benetint rose lipstain out of my liplines though I doubt anything would as it is a vibrant color and very liquid.

Possible downside- this product has to be sharpened. This is not an issue for me.

Very standard. It did what it was supposed to. No irritation. No weird smell. Every liner I have purchased like this one performs exactly the same. I would not buy again only because of cost. Paula's Choice has the same thing for $7 (which is still too high! LOL)

I cannot understand why the Body Shop stopped doing this sort of clear, anti-feathering lip liner. I used to buy two at a time and then they stopped selling them and since then I haven't found anything as good for a similar price. This one is good but I cannot stomach the price! Instead I go through the daily routine of using a lip conditioner/primer (Clinique All About Lips), a firming and mattifying make-up primer (currently Gale Hayman Youth Plus) foundation/powder, lip liner, blend in my lipstick, blot all over then add either another layer of lipstick or some gloss. It's something I do every day now anyway, it works, my lips are in excellent condition(!) and I don't have to re-purchase this very expensive item. If anyone knows of something very similar for half the price please let us all know in case feathering becomes a problem again!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The only reason I won't repurchase is the price and the fact that other products can and do the same thing for less $. But this does work well I can't lie. Bought it to keep my red lips in place and it certainly does that. It creates a wax barrier around the lips and stops any feathering and bleeding.

Once I run out, try another product and I see if there is or isn't a difference...I may have to change my "won't buy again" rating lol

on 2/28/2013 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product.I can wear dark lipstick again.I don't need it for light colors but definitely opened up my color options 100%.

on 2/16/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I need this for Ruby Woo Mac lipsticks. And I am old and my lips feather like crazy. I do wish I could some how put chapstick in a pencil because that is what this is. But it works. And it has no color to conflict with any of my lipsticks or glosses. This goes on smoother than my other lip liners and still has the wax to keep my lip color from feathering. I will definitely buy this again.

on 11/17/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AWESOME!! the best one of this type I have ever used and I have tried so many. It really is perfect. Works great - really keeps lipstick /liner in place and on longer. And I like the fact that it is slender instead of wide like my previous Bliss Lip Guaze. I love it- and went back and got another!

Popular Lip Liners