Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.2

on 12/6/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am reviewing this product in the color of Rose Show. The lipstick overall was sheer and hydrating. It did not last long, so I have to keep reapplying. It has a little shimmer to it, not anything over the top. The packaging is shiny, beautiful, and pricey looking. You can tell that it is a high-end lipstick just by glancing at it. I can wear this everyday, but I find the Rose Show color to not be very complimenting. Although the color has been discontinued, I would definitely like to try Sensation Coral. Great product overall, but Rose Show was a bad choice of color for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has to be the best lipstick ever! Glossy, shinny/sparkly payoff without the goopy, sticky mess of a lipgloss. The colors are beautiful and can be built-up from sheer to semi-opaque. They have a lightweight feel, and the closet texture compaison are the Clinique Almost lipsticks (only Dior's formula is way glossier). I bought #420 (Bronze Bombshell) on a whim a few years back, and I've been in love with this formula ever since. Sketch Pink #864 has to be my favorite pink lippie. I know others are just as in love, since the Nordstroms site had a disclaimer "order limit of 6 lipsticks per month" (unheard of). The price is pretty high ($26), but I have yet to find any other lipstick with the amount of shine payoff (sans goopy/sticky lipgloss) and lightweight texture. To my dismay, I found out Dior discontinued this lipstick, or I would definately buy it again!

on 4/17/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

as gloss go this is the very best.I love it because it comes in the form of a lipstick but its a gloss. This means I am not wasting anything and its not sicky like the MAC glosses. It does last a while and I use 454 Rose Show which has enough color so shine my lips but with a nice finish gloss over it. p.s. goes great on olive skin

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I own this lipstick in #530 Spotlight Coral.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: Smooth, creamy, medium glossy look that last a few hours. The color glides on sheer and is buildable; most of the colors have relatively unnoticeable or no shimmer. This feels like I am wearing a lip conditioner instead of a lipstick or gloss. It's not sticky, not messy... it wears very nice.

COLOR OVERVIEW: In my recent past, I shunned any orange-type lip color with the reasoning that orange lips simply aren't found in nature (birds aside) and therefore didn't belong on my face. However, after seeing a TV personality's (with an olive tone and dark features similar to mine) adorable rosy, slightly apricot glossy lips, I knew I needed that pucker in my life! Searching the aisles of Sephora, I made a remarkable discovery...coral! I realized that I had never instinctively picked up coral shades before. Oh, why not??? It is so lovely on my golden olive skin! After trying every lipstick, liner, and gloss in coral from almost every line, I decided on High Shine #530 as it was the perfect balance of subtle, sexy, orange, and pink. The lipstick requires a few coats to achieve the "pinky" look the TV gal rocked, but even with fewer coats, it looks natural enough for me to like and wear. I would rate this a "4" because of the price, but since I can appreciate when I am able to recreate looks that I love -- extra lippy for that!

on 4/13/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually have a problem with lipsticks; my lips always seem to dry out with lipsticks, so for awhile I have been just using lipgloss on its own. Then I decided to turn to this, and I'm so glad I did!

I have this in Backstage Pink and Spotlight Coral. The colors on both are vibrant, but not shocking at all. They are also both very wearable. There are fine shimmers, but they are so fine that they don't settle into the lines of your lips. It also leaves a nice sheen and I find that I don't need to apply lip gloss over it.

Backstage Pink is a nice, fun berry pink. It looks great with lavender eyeshadow or a heavy eyeliner look. It looks scary in the tube (like bright hot pink) but it looks very nice on the lips.

Spotlight Coral is also really nice. Unlike other coral lipsticks, it leans more towards the pink side rather than the orange side. I actually find this to be very wearable, and I think you can get away with wearing this to work. The picture here shows me wearing Spotlight Coral.

I wouldn't say it's kiss-proof or water bottle-proof, but I am very happy with this lip gloss. I will definitely try out other colors in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I have it #578 Charming Pink.

The colour is fresh and while it is very pink in the tube, it goes on evenly to a light pop of pink that brightens my face. The texture is smooth and even and leaves a slight gloss. I like that it's not sticky like lipgloss - no risk of hair getting stuck in it. I also like that it's not sparkly. The shine is natural, like just licked lips. I always get compliments when this has just gone on. I sometimes even use it as a blush when I'm in a hurry - it leaves a light and natural flush. Very pretty.

Sadly the colour does need re-application and whilst it's prettily packaged it's expensive. But I would still purchase again - I do enjoy that little bit of Dior luxury to brighten up my makeup case.

on 3/16/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have this in #420 Mordore and I love it. I'm not much of a lipstick person. I prefer gloss except that you constantly have to reapply it so this formula is perfect for me. It goes on sheer with a hint of shimmer so it feels and looks like a gloss with a bit more color payoff but wears more like a lipstick. I am definitely glad I purchased this and will explore some of the other color options to purchase as well.

on 2/20/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

One of the absolute best lipstick products out there! I love lipsticks that are all of the following: sheer, moist, shiny, glossy, lighweight, glittery, sparkly, pretty.

In a cute package, this lipstick delivers it all at a high price. But it's always worth having at least 1 in my stash because it delivers everything that I like. My favorite is the mauvey-plummy-brown shade (I forget the name of the color but it used to be originally called Shiniest Chestnut ....yes I've been in love with this lipstick since the original blue & gold packaging ...which has now turned silver). Happy to see they still keep the same color that I love, though it has been renamed (yet keeps the same color #). I love this lipstick b/c I can reapply it anywhere I happen to be in public without needing a mirror to put it on properly & it gives my lips a beautiful shimmery shiny glow, incredibly MLBB.

I use this sparingly to make it last as long as possible, & in between I like to use Sephora Lip Attitude Star lipsticks which are exceptionally similar in all the qualities I look for in a lipstick only at a lower $12 price tag AND they smell like delcious fruity raspberries.

UPDT 3/22/11 -
Looks like the line's been discontinued. Seriously now, Dior's lost their mind. What a big mistake.

I have this lipstick in Gipsy Red.

I specifically bought one of these lipsticks because the Addict High Shine formula is supposed to be moisturizing and non-drying for those with very, very dry lips. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to find a color that showed up well on my pigmented lips. Most of these shades are quite sheer, and even Gipsy Red looks like a strawberry pink on me unless I really layer it and it never really achieves a true red. Some on the makeup board have actually commented that this is a beautiful MLBB shade on me (which I think is funny, seeing as it's named Gipsy RED).

The formula is pretty nice as far as lipsticks go. It is definitely kinder to my lips than MAC lustres or Cremesheens. I would not say that this lipstick is conditioning, but it is mostly non-drying. I also wear balm under all my lipsticks. The Addict High Shines are indeed extremely, extremely shiny and have a beautiful glossy finish. The lipstick does not migrate into my liplines, even after hours of wear, but rather fades to a pretty even stain (the shininess does definitely go away).

The lasting time with Gipsy Red is pretty average. I would give it 3-4 hours with no drinking/eating. It does come off on coffee cups, but not completely. I imagine the lighter colors would last significantly shorter time periods though.

The packaging on this lipstick is AMAZING, and one of the main reasons that I keep it even though I've found a better lipstick formula for me (Laura Mercier Stickglosses). It is very beautiful and lux looking, and I just love it.

If I ever ran out, I would probably indulge in this lipstick again, because it is a pretty good product - wearable, pretty, non-drying. However, I would not buy this in a different color because I haven't found one that is different enough on my lips (except Flamenco Red which I didn't find flattering to my skintone) to justify the price. Thus, it gets a 4/5 from me, 1/2 a point off for wear time/conditioning properties, and 1/2 a point off for high price point.

on 10/6/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only own one of these, but this is a great lippie. Very moist with nice shine and color. I own this in #352 Champagne Blush. Love the color and will def re-buy or pick up some more.

Popular Lipsticks