Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.7

It is a wonderfully moisturizing lipstick. I am currently using it as a balm because no lip treatment that I have can help my lips right now (they are recovering from an allergic reaction). It applies very soft, but there is one thing that I don't like about this lipstick: it forms that disgusting white cast along the inner rim of my lips. That's the only reason why I will not repurchase

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has to be the best lipstick ever! Glossy, shinny/sparkly payoff without the goopy, sticky mess of a lipgloss. The colors are beautiful and can be built-up from sheer to semi-opaque. They have a lightweight feel, and the closet texture compaison are the Clinique Almost lipsticks (only Dior's formula is way glossier). I bought #420 (Bronze Bombshell) on a whim a few years back, and I've been in love with this formula ever since. Sketch Pink #864 has to be my favorite pink lippie. I know others are just as in love, since the Nordstroms site had a disclaimer "order limit of 6 lipsticks per month" (unheard of). The price is pretty high ($26), but I have yet to find any other lipstick with the amount of shine payoff (sans goopy/sticky lipgloss) and lightweight texture. To my dismay, I found out Dior discontinued this lipstick, or I would definately buy it again!

I adore this line of lipsticks as it is very hydrating, has superb sheer colors and is perfect for when I want some color and shine but don't want to wear lipstick. I detest lip gloss as I hate the sticky feeling a lot of them have though what is nice about gloss is that they can provide a nice hint of color. This lipstick is great because it provides color so your look is brightened or enhanced, some shine and hydration. I find a lot of lipsticks drying so I also use this over lipstick. It is pricey but worth every penny. I first bought Mordore/Bronze Bombshell to wear in the summer and I loved it so much I have bought 3 more colors, despite the cost! Model Brown is a brownish pinky burgundy and is a nice intensifier to my natural lip color. Front Row Fig - a more intense brownish burgundy is another great color, especially for evening or the winter and Champagne Blush is a lovely pinky golden shade. Treat yourself to this line if you're looking for a sheer color with some pizzazz. There is a nicely selective range of colors so I think there may be something for everyone. I have to hold myself back from buying more!

on 4/13/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually have a problem with lipsticks; my lips always seem to dry out with lipsticks, so for awhile I have been just using lipgloss on its own. Then I decided to turn to this, and I'm so glad I did!

I have this in Backstage Pink and Spotlight Coral. The colors on both are vibrant, but not shocking at all. They are also both very wearable. There are fine shimmers, but they are so fine that they don't settle into the lines of your lips. It also leaves a nice sheen and I find that I don't need to apply lip gloss over it.

Backstage Pink is a nice, fun berry pink. It looks great with lavender eyeshadow or a heavy eyeliner look. It looks scary in the tube (like bright hot pink) but it looks very nice on the lips.

Spotlight Coral is also really nice. Unlike other coral lipsticks, it leans more towards the pink side rather than the orange side. I actually find this to be very wearable, and I think you can get away with wearing this to work. The picture here shows me wearing Spotlight Coral.

I wouldn't say it's kiss-proof or water bottle-proof, but I am very happy with this lip gloss. I will definitely try out other colors in the future.

on 6/20/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am reviewing the shade Champagne Blush (one of the newest shades). I initially wanted to buy the other shade, Pink ? (I forgot the name), but then decided to go for this one, as summer is comming and I'm planning to get a tan. I was disappointed initially, because I felt like it didn't really show on my lips. However upon a closer look, I fell in love. Yes, it is very pale on me. But, it effect is gorgeous, and it will go extremely well with my future tan :) It is a very pale pink/coral with gold microscopic shimmer, that makes my (thinnish) lips look plumper and luscious. Not to mention the fact that it's very moisturizing (it feels just as moisturizing as Dior's new balm, that I also bought and reviewed separately). No noticeable scent.
I like the packaging, I actually like everything about it. The only thing I wish it had is a little more pigment, but that's ok. I might also buy the other shade.

on 3/20/2008 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

UPDATE 3/2009: I am taking off 1 lippie. While I still love this color, I just don't find this moisturizing enough for my lips.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: This is a new lipstick collection that launched in Spring 2008. I have this in Cranberry Coquette, purchased at Sephora for $25.00. This lipstick is described as translucent and I would agree. It's a cross between a sheer and a cream l/s in texture, creamy but not too heavy that I feel the need to use a lip brush if I'm on the go. This color is a MLBB color, described as a rosy brown. It's just enough color but not OTT. No glitter or shimmer. Beautiful silver tube fits in a translucent irridescent case. I plan to purchase more shades of this. For reference, NC15 / BB Porcelain, dark brown hair, brown eyes, somewhat pigmented lips.

Ingredients:
dirostearyl malate, polyglyceryl-2-trisosterate, jojoba esters, polyglyceryl-2 isostearate / dimer dilinoleate copolymer, trimethylolpropane triiso-stearate, caprylic / capric / succinic triglyceride, euphorbia cerifera (candelillia) wax, synthetic wax, bis-behenyl/isostearyl/polysteryl dimer dilinoleyl dimer dilinoleate, alumininum hyrdroxide, [+/- mica, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, silica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, manganese violet, carmine, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake, red 33 lake, orange 5, orange 5 lake, red 21, red 21 lake, red 22 lake, red 27, red 27 lake, red 28 lake, blue 1 lake, red 6, red 7, red 7 lake, red 30 lake]