Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.3

on 9/19/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in 214 Nude Silhouette. I liked it when I got it because it was my first lipstick and honestly it's not really a lipstick. It's so sheer it may as well be a gloss and even then it feels more like a lip balm. It's shiny and shimmery and it was fine to make the transition from 'gloss' to 'lipstick' but I would not purchase again. I barely remember using it yet my tube is pretty much empty because you have to reapply all the time. Seriously worse than my current YSL lipstick because at least my YSL shows some color when I apply it (it's also in a nude/beige tone).

I'm now disappointed with this product. Too sheer as with most Dior products. I'll give a few more shots to the brand but so far I've been disappointed by almost all their products...

The packaging is okay, it doesn't feel as luxurious as YSL or Chanel, but more trendy or flashy. It is much cheaper but the former two but still! I won't repurchase.

on 4/19/2011 7:06:00 PM

I have this in "Blush. Feels like a gloss more than a lipstick, feels very soft & smooth & moisturizing. Lasted about 2 hours on me with no eating or drinking & minimal talking. Pretty pricey but I love the packaging. Would probably re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not a HUGE lipstick person, but when I feel like dressing up the lips- I use this in Sensation Coral- it is more pinky than anything and has a very pretty pink sparkle to it. Not too sparkly, but just enough to make your lips look great.

on 3/16/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have this in #420 Mordore and I love it. I'm not much of a lipstick person. I prefer gloss except that you constantly have to reapply it so this formula is perfect for me. It goes on sheer with a hint of shimmer so it feels and looks like a gloss with a bit more color payoff but wears more like a lipstick. I am definitely glad I purchased this and will explore some of the other color options to purchase as well.

I have this lipstick in Gipsy Red.

I specifically bought one of these lipsticks because the Addict High Shine formula is supposed to be moisturizing and non-drying for those with very, very dry lips. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to find a color that showed up well on my pigmented lips. Most of these shades are quite sheer, and even Gipsy Red looks like a strawberry pink on me unless I really layer it and it never really achieves a true red. Some on the makeup board have actually commented that this is a beautiful MLBB shade on me (which I think is funny, seeing as it's named Gipsy RED).

The formula is pretty nice as far as lipsticks go. It is definitely kinder to my lips than MAC lustres or Cremesheens. I would not say that this lipstick is conditioning, but it is mostly non-drying. I also wear balm under all my lipsticks. The Addict High Shines are indeed extremely, extremely shiny and have a beautiful glossy finish. The lipstick does not migrate into my liplines, even after hours of wear, but rather fades to a pretty even stain (the shininess does definitely go away).

The lasting time with Gipsy Red is pretty average. I would give it 3-4 hours with no drinking/eating. It does come off on coffee cups, but not completely. I imagine the lighter colors would last significantly shorter time periods though.

The packaging on this lipstick is AMAZING, and one of the main reasons that I keep it even though I've found a better lipstick formula for me (Laura Mercier Stickglosses). It is very beautiful and lux looking, and I just love it.

If I ever ran out, I would probably indulge in this lipstick again, because it is a pretty good product - wearable, pretty, non-drying. However, I would not buy this in a different color because I haven't found one that is different enough on my lips (except Flamenco Red which I didn't find flattering to my skintone) to justify the price. Thus, it gets a 4/5 from me, 1/2 a point off for wear time/conditioning properties, and 1/2 a point off for high price point.

on 10/6/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only own one of these, but this is a great lippie. Very moist with nice shine and color. I own this in #352 Champagne Blush. Love the color and will def re-buy or pick up some more.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this colour and product is amazing i wanted something that looked kinda like lipgloss for the windy season so my long hair didnt fly inot my lipgloss and stick and have then have stuck together hair. the girl at sephora told me this was probally my best bet that was 3 years ago i LOVE IT it makes your lips look biger too may be the shimmery effect it has

I have this in Nude Silhouette and it's the perfect pinky beige nude. My skin tone ranges from NC25-40 and this looks great no matter what. I thought it would wash the tanner version of my out but it's just as flattering as when I'm paler. It's slightly cool and even though I prefer a bit of warm peach in my lip colors, it still works for me. Unlike most lipsticks and lipstick glosses, this does not dry my lips out, in fact it's quite moisturizing. MAC, NARS, and Revlon really dry my lips out for some reason. My only complaint is that the color doesn't wear that long and reapplication is necessary throughout the day. But the packaging is very chic and I don't mind pulling it out when needed.

on 3/29/2008 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The consistency is of a lipstick, but smooth with a slight gloss finish. I have this in Runway Red which is a berry red that is perfect type of red for daytime wear that gives you alittle pop of color w/o going overboard with a hint of some shimmer to it. Cost $25 with a elegant chic looking container.

Popular Lipsticks