Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.1

on 12/6/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am reviewing this product in the color of Rose Show. The lipstick overall was sheer and hydrating. It did not last long, so I have to keep reapplying. It has a little shimmer to it, not anything over the top. The packaging is shiny, beautiful, and pricey looking. You can tell that it is a high-end lipstick just by glancing at it. I can wear this everyday, but I find the Rose Show color to not be very complimenting. Although the color has been discontinued, I would definitely like to try Sensation Coral. Great product overall, but Rose Show was a bad choice of color for me.

on 11/8/2008 11:57:00 AM

The reformulated High Shine lipsticks are not as shiny as the old formula. However, what it lost in shine, it gained in texture. Staying power is the same, but they're not as gaudy and drying as before. I had Shiniest Chestnut, which was a "look at all the whitish frost on my lips" statement when the color wore off. Now I own Chestnut Chic--same color, different name. Although the formula could be a bit more glossy, I like the fact that the sparkle is refined. It's a lipstick, not a lipgloss. Overall, good improvement. Definitely better than Chanel's drying Aqualumieres, which shriveled my lips.

on 10/29/2008 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I haven't bothered to review in a long time but considering how I depend on MUA reviews I felt I should contribute as well. For reference I am pale skinned and freckled. I wear Nars Mont Blanc and also like Dior Foreverskin CPF in Ivory 010. I favor sheer lipsticks and love a bit of shine. In my never ending quest for the perfect MLBB lippie I have acquired two: Casual Beige and Beige-a-Porter. The Casual Beige is a great neutral nude but the Beige-a-Porter definitely skews a bit pink and would be better suited to neutral to cool-toned skin. They are not as shiny as lip gloss but honestly you can only manipulate a lipstick's texture so much before it ceases to be lipstick. The packaging isn't as refined as say Guerlain but definitely more interesting and durable than Shu. I highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this today as I have yet to try the new formula. Bought the pink protege, which on me is the palest pink with a lot of glitter. I think that the formula is average, nothing that makes me say "oh!". I prefer the formulas from Clinique and MAC that are similar. Average lasting power for a sheer formula. Personally think that there are better formulas out there that are a lot cheaper. Might buy again in a different color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After staring at the gorgeous, decadent, model in the Dior High Shine Addict Campaign- all clad in classic Dior extravagance, bejeweled neck, and all, I knew that after owning a great amount of Dior products, ranging from foundation to lip glosses galore, I knew deep down in my drenched colored heart, I had to have these lipsticks!!

The Look: Intergalactic-esque , fantastic plastic see-through case with a shiny silver case.

The Feel: Not at all sticky, but very wet-looking, as in your lips look drenched in both melted sheer color and sparkle.
(hint: I said sparkle, NOT glitter)

These Lipsticks are gorgeous and definitely kiss-worthy, they drench your lips with "babydoll" glossiness, and the colors are so vibrant and refreshing.

What I Own:

Champagne Blush 352- is gorgeous champagne pink-almost like a soft french lingerie pink.

Pink Protege 664-A fresh english pink rose kind of pink,
slightly darker than champagne blush.

I love the packaging, as well the consistency, it does
live up to the High Shine, and Wet Pout :) I love this Dior!!
These make my lips sexier than ever. (its so good, that you dont even need a lipbrush, just apply straight out of the tube, and your lips will look so lush , like you just ate luscious fruit!)

on 4/2/2008 6:02:00 PM

Very nice texture, similar to Clinique Buttershines or MAC Slimshines, but a Touch less slippery and even a Hair drier, IMO. I got Beige-a-Porter #324 & Cranberry Coquette #624. These are sheer, so the Cranberry was just slightly darker than MLBB. Beige-a-Porter is slightly paler than my lips, ,but it's not too pale, a pretty Springtime everyday shade. Not as shiny as wearing gloss, but a nice & light "glossy" (NOT goopy) feeling.

The packaging is pretty, slim silver tube inside iridescent square casing. Very pretty! I ordered these from Sephora, but this weekend I'll hit the Dillards near me & grab a few more. These ARE expensive (imo) at $25 but the colors leave just a hint of pearly sheen to make my thin lips look full & pouty, and I don't feel like my lips are all slimy.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I finally managed to try these new lipsticks I was longing after!!!

Well first the packaging: it’s now a ‘Classic’ Dior Addict Packaging, the outer tube has a sheer/mother of pearl like aspect, glossy and classy. With a silver rounded like top, that you pull to reveal the lipstick silver tube itself.
It is advertised as ‘extra long wear’: well, yes, it has got a quite long wear but mind you, it is not a thick formula, therefore it does not last all day as you might initially think. So it has an average lasting power I would say.

About the other advertised feature ”extreme show-stopping shine” I would say yes, it is very shiny, but not glittery nor shimmery….just glossy.... like a plain gloss.
It has the consistency of a lipstick, though, and it makes your lips really… noticeable!! :o) A kind of dolly-lips effect, very sexy.
So it’s a nice, gorgeous gloss that comes in a lipstick-tube like!
It is sold at 25 Euros almost like the other Dior Rouges but the content is slightly inferior (3.5g/0.12oz) if you compare the content of a Gloss tube (6ml -10 ml)… so in the end it may result as being more expensive.

I own shade 222 Casual beige and it’s an easy to wear, all day-all purposes shade. Elegant, easy. I like it a lot! It will soon become one of my staples!!
The available shades are:
Sheer Rose 174 (sheer warm pink)
Nude Silhouette 214 (sheer muted peach)
Casual Beige 222 (sheer pinky beige)
Beige-a-Porter 324 (sheer rose beige)
Sensation Coral 346 (sheer coral)
Champagne Blush 352 (sheer golden pink)
Bronze Bombshell 420 (sheer vibrant copper)
Rose Show 454 (sheer vibrant rose)
Spotlight Coral 530 (sheer bright coral)
Backstage Pink 554 (sheer vibrant berry pink)
Chestnut Chic 612 (sheer plum brown)
Cranberry Coquette 624 (sheer rosy brown)
Pink Protégé 664 (sheer pink)
Catwalk Mauve 680 (sheer mauve plum)
Model Brown 714 (sheer bronze)
Gipsy Red 734 (sheer orange red)
Runway Red 750 (sheer berry red)
Flamenco Red 754 (sheer cherry red)
Raspberry Rush 774 (sheer berry plum)
Front-Row Fig 914 (sheer brownish purple)