Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.1

on 12/6/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am reviewing this product in the color of Rose Show. The lipstick overall was sheer and hydrating. It did not last long, so I have to keep reapplying. It has a little shimmer to it, not anything over the top. The packaging is shiny, beautiful, and pricey looking. You can tell that it is a high-end lipstick just by glancing at it. I can wear this everyday, but I find the Rose Show color to not be very complimenting. Although the color has been discontinued, I would definitely like to try Sensation Coral. Great product overall, but Rose Show was a bad choice of color for me.

on 4/19/2011 7:06:00 PM

I have this in "Blush. Feels like a gloss more than a lipstick, feels very soft & smooth & moisturizing. Lasted about 2 hours on me with no eating or drinking & minimal talking. Pretty pricey but I love the packaging. Would probably re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not a HUGE lipstick person, but when I feel like dressing up the lips- I use this in Sensation Coral- it is more pinky than anything and has a very pretty pink sparkle to it. Not too sparkly, but just enough to make your lips look great.

on 4/13/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually have a problem with lipsticks; my lips always seem to dry out with lipsticks, so for awhile I have been just using lipgloss on its own. Then I decided to turn to this, and I'm so glad I did!

I have this in Backstage Pink and Spotlight Coral. The colors on both are vibrant, but not shocking at all. They are also both very wearable. There are fine shimmers, but they are so fine that they don't settle into the lines of your lips. It also leaves a nice sheen and I find that I don't need to apply lip gloss over it.

Backstage Pink is a nice, fun berry pink. It looks great with lavender eyeshadow or a heavy eyeliner look. It looks scary in the tube (like bright hot pink) but it looks very nice on the lips.

Spotlight Coral is also really nice. Unlike other coral lipsticks, it leans more towards the pink side rather than the orange side. I actually find this to be very wearable, and I think you can get away with wearing this to work. The picture here shows me wearing Spotlight Coral.

I wouldn't say it's kiss-proof or water bottle-proof, but I am very happy with this lip gloss. I will definitely try out other colors in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I have it #578 Charming Pink.

The colour is fresh and while it is very pink in the tube, it goes on evenly to a light pop of pink that brightens my face. The texture is smooth and even and leaves a slight gloss. I like that it's not sticky like lipgloss - no risk of hair getting stuck in it. I also like that it's not sparkly. The shine is natural, like just licked lips. I always get compliments when this has just gone on. I sometimes even use it as a blush when I'm in a hurry - it leaves a light and natural flush. Very pretty.

Sadly the colour does need re-application and whilst it's prettily packaged it's expensive. But I would still purchase again - I do enjoy that little bit of Dior luxury to brighten up my makeup case.

on 11/24/2009 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this in coral sensation, which is a light peachy tone with little flecks of gold shimmer. sigh....im in love.

Packaging
While beautiful and fun, the packaging is terrible. The outer tube is too loose, and I'm worried about it slipping off. Not only that, but it's bulky and huge, not what i want for my purse (which can only hold so much!)

Product
A shiny, glossy, perfection of a lipstick. The shine lasts for hours, and I generally just put clear gloss on when it gets dry instead of reapplying, because the color would be too intense and loose that glossy feel i love. I just wish there was a tad less glitter in there.

I have this lipstick in Gipsy Red.

I specifically bought one of these lipsticks because the Addict High Shine formula is supposed to be moisturizing and non-drying for those with very, very dry lips. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to find a color that showed up well on my pigmented lips. Most of these shades are quite sheer, and even Gipsy Red looks like a strawberry pink on me unless I really layer it and it never really achieves a true red. Some on the makeup board have actually commented that this is a beautiful MLBB shade on me (which I think is funny, seeing as it's named Gipsy RED).

The formula is pretty nice as far as lipsticks go. It is definitely kinder to my lips than MAC lustres or Cremesheens. I would not say that this lipstick is conditioning, but it is mostly non-drying. I also wear balm under all my lipsticks. The Addict High Shines are indeed extremely, extremely shiny and have a beautiful glossy finish. The lipstick does not migrate into my liplines, even after hours of wear, but rather fades to a pretty even stain (the shininess does definitely go away).

The lasting time with Gipsy Red is pretty average. I would give it 3-4 hours with no drinking/eating. It does come off on coffee cups, but not completely. I imagine the lighter colors would last significantly shorter time periods though.

The packaging on this lipstick is AMAZING, and one of the main reasons that I keep it even though I've found a better lipstick formula for me (Laura Mercier Stickglosses). It is very beautiful and lux looking, and I just love it.

If I ever ran out, I would probably indulge in this lipstick again, because it is a pretty good product - wearable, pretty, non-drying. However, I would not buy this in a different color because I haven't found one that is different enough on my lips (except Flamenco Red which I didn't find flattering to my skintone) to justify the price. Thus, it gets a 4/5 from me, 1/2 a point off for wear time/conditioning properties, and 1/2 a point off for high price point.

on 10/6/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only own one of these, but this is a great lippie. Very moist with nice shine and color. I own this in #352 Champagne Blush. Love the color and will def re-buy or pick up some more.

on 2/14/2009 9:28:00 PM

Someone recently asked me what my favourite lipstick/gloss was and I couldn't answer...Well I can now!! I bought this in Fig and it's fantastic! I'll definitely be buying more colours.

I have this in Nude Silhouette and it's the perfect pinky beige nude. My skin tone ranges from NC25-40 and this looks great no matter what. I thought it would wash the tanner version of my out but it's just as flattering as when I'm paler. It's slightly cool and even though I prefer a bit of warm peach in my lip colors, it still works for me. Unlike most lipsticks and lipstick glosses, this does not dry my lips out, in fact it's quite moisturizing. MAC, NARS, and Revlon really dry my lips out for some reason. My only complaint is that the color doesn't wear that long and reapplication is necessary throughout the day. But the packaging is very chic and I don't mind pulling it out when needed.