Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.1

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I own this lipstick in #530 Spotlight Coral.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: Smooth, creamy, medium glossy look that last a few hours. The color glides on sheer and is buildable; most of the colors have relatively unnoticeable or no shimmer. This feels like I am wearing a lip conditioner instead of a lipstick or gloss. It's not sticky, not messy... it wears very nice.

COLOR OVERVIEW: In my recent past, I shunned any orange-type lip color with the reasoning that orange lips simply aren't found in nature (birds aside) and therefore didn't belong on my face. However, after seeing a TV personality's (with an olive tone and dark features similar to mine) adorable rosy, slightly apricot glossy lips, I knew I needed that pucker in my life! Searching the aisles of Sephora, I made a remarkable discovery...coral! I realized that I had never instinctively picked up coral shades before. Oh, why not??? It is so lovely on my golden olive skin! After trying every lipstick, liner, and gloss in coral from almost every line, I decided on High Shine #530 as it was the perfect balance of subtle, sexy, orange, and pink. The lipstick requires a few coats to achieve the "pinky" look the TV gal rocked, but even with fewer coats, it looks natural enough for me to like and wear. I would rate this a "4" because of the price, but since I can appreciate when I am able to recreate looks that I love -- extra lippy for that!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I have it #578 Charming Pink.

The colour is fresh and while it is very pink in the tube, it goes on evenly to a light pop of pink that brightens my face. The texture is smooth and even and leaves a slight gloss. I like that it's not sticky like lipgloss - no risk of hair getting stuck in it. I also like that it's not sparkly. The shine is natural, like just licked lips. I always get compliments when this has just gone on. I sometimes even use it as a blush when I'm in a hurry - it leaves a light and natural flush. Very pretty.

Sadly the colour does need re-application and whilst it's prettily packaged it's expensive. But I would still purchase again - I do enjoy that little bit of Dior luxury to brighten up my makeup case.

on 11/24/2009 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this in coral sensation, which is a light peachy tone with little flecks of gold shimmer. sigh....im in love.

Packaging
While beautiful and fun, the packaging is terrible. The outer tube is too loose, and I'm worried about it slipping off. Not only that, but it's bulky and huge, not what i want for my purse (which can only hold so much!)

Product
A shiny, glossy, perfection of a lipstick. The shine lasts for hours, and I generally just put clear gloss on when it gets dry instead of reapplying, because the color would be too intense and loose that glossy feel i love. I just wish there was a tad less glitter in there.

on 6/20/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am reviewing the shade Champagne Blush (one of the newest shades). I initially wanted to buy the other shade, Pink ? (I forgot the name), but then decided to go for this one, as summer is comming and I'm planning to get a tan. I was disappointed initially, because I felt like it didn't really show on my lips. However upon a closer look, I fell in love. Yes, it is very pale on me. But, it effect is gorgeous, and it will go extremely well with my future tan :) It is a very pale pink/coral with gold microscopic shimmer, that makes my (thinnish) lips look plumper and luscious. Not to mention the fact that it's very moisturizing (it feels just as moisturizing as Dior's new balm, that I also bought and reviewed separately). No noticeable scent.
I like the packaging, I actually like everything about it. The only thing I wish it had is a little more pigment, but that's ok. I might also buy the other shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When these lipsticks first came out I had to order from sephora straight away. I puchased 734 Gipsy Red & 750 Runway Red. I knew they would be sheer and probably not last very long but it was something new, so I went for it. When they arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the pigmentation, gipsy red is a very orange red and runway red is more of a pink red. Both colors are very wearable, even for the most red phobic gals out there. They last about 2 to 3 hours if you don't eat or drink from a cup. I'm glad I bought them and if I lost them I would repurchase. I won't buy anymore colors though, there's always something new to try out !

on 8/3/2008 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to the Dior counter to get blusher and ended up buying a pro cheeks and the addict high shine in runway red. at the counter, the lipstick looked gorgeous under the lightings and other condtions. it made my lips look glossy and plump, it felt moisturized and slicked on creamy and glossy. it's even cheaper than Chanel lipsticks.

when i got home, it was a different story. i tried it on again, this time it didn't look as glossy and there were little shiny particles that stuck to my lips even after the color is gone. it also bleeds a little and becomes uneven after a while. granted, it ddin't have the usual awful dior lipstick smell but i don't think i'll be getting another one. although, the colors are pretty amazing. i wonder if a lighter colour would be better? i will try another color if I've got nothing else to buy...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this lipstick and would never use any other. It is shiny like a gloss but has the coverage of a lipstick. I have Champagne Blush which is a nice golden pink color and Rose Show which is a nice medium pink color. Catwalk Mauve is on the way. It is expensive for a lipstick but well worth the money. Longer lasting than a gloss. Edit: would not repurchase because the tube only last a few months. Not work it for the money.

on 6/23/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is not worth $25, I feel like it is all fluff and no substance. Yes, the packaging is pretty and chic, but the lipstick is "meh". Too sheer, not even that shiny, honestly, I could swipe on some dang-on Chapstick and get the same results. I liked the old Dior Addict Shine lipsticks much better, they seem a little less sheer, and way more shiny and moist. This doesn't even have that signature Dior smell like my other Dior lip products. I feel like I wasted my money here.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After staring at the gorgeous, decadent, model in the Dior High Shine Addict Campaign- all clad in classic Dior extravagance, bejeweled neck, and all, I knew that after owning a great amount of Dior products, ranging from foundation to lip glosses galore, I knew deep down in my drenched colored heart, I had to have these lipsticks!!

The Look: Intergalactic-esque , fantastic plastic see-through case with a shiny silver case.

The Feel: Not at all sticky, but very wet-looking, as in your lips look drenched in both melted sheer color and sparkle.
(hint: I said sparkle, NOT glitter)

These Lipsticks are gorgeous and definitely kiss-worthy, they drench your lips with "babydoll" glossiness, and the colors are so vibrant and refreshing.

What I Own:

Champagne Blush 352- is gorgeous champagne pink-almost like a soft french lingerie pink.

Pink Protege 664-A fresh english pink rose kind of pink,
slightly darker than champagne blush.

I love the packaging, as well the consistency, it does
live up to the High Shine, and Wet Pout :) I love this Dior!!
These make my lips sexier than ever. (its so good, that you dont even need a lipbrush, just apply straight out of the tube, and your lips will look so lush , like you just ate luscious fruit!)

Popular Lipsticks