Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.1

on 4/19/2011 7:06:00 PM

I have this in "Blush. Feels like a gloss more than a lipstick, feels very soft & smooth & moisturizing. Lasted about 2 hours on me with no eating or drinking & minimal talking. Pretty pricey but I love the packaging. Would probably re-purchase.

I adore this line of lipsticks as it is very hydrating, has superb sheer colors and is perfect for when I want some color and shine but don't want to wear lipstick. I detest lip gloss as I hate the sticky feeling a lot of them have though what is nice about gloss is that they can provide a nice hint of color. This lipstick is great because it provides color so your look is brightened or enhanced, some shine and hydration. I find a lot of lipsticks drying so I also use this over lipstick. It is pricey but worth every penny. I first bought Mordore/Bronze Bombshell to wear in the summer and I loved it so much I have bought 3 more colors, despite the cost! Model Brown is a brownish pinky burgundy and is a nice intensifier to my natural lip color. Front Row Fig - a more intense brownish burgundy is another great color, especially for evening or the winter and Champagne Blush is a lovely pinky golden shade. Treat yourself to this line if you're looking for a sheer color with some pizzazz. There is a nicely selective range of colors so I think there may be something for everyone. I have to hold myself back from buying more!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not a HUGE lipstick person, but when I feel like dressing up the lips- I use this in Sensation Coral- it is more pinky than anything and has a very pretty pink sparkle to it. Not too sparkly, but just enough to make your lips look great.

on 4/13/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually have a problem with lipsticks; my lips always seem to dry out with lipsticks, so for awhile I have been just using lipgloss on its own. Then I decided to turn to this, and I'm so glad I did!

I have this in Backstage Pink and Spotlight Coral. The colors on both are vibrant, but not shocking at all. They are also both very wearable. There are fine shimmers, but they are so fine that they don't settle into the lines of your lips. It also leaves a nice sheen and I find that I don't need to apply lip gloss over it.

Backstage Pink is a nice, fun berry pink. It looks great with lavender eyeshadow or a heavy eyeliner look. It looks scary in the tube (like bright hot pink) but it looks very nice on the lips.

Spotlight Coral is also really nice. Unlike other coral lipsticks, it leans more towards the pink side rather than the orange side. I actually find this to be very wearable, and I think you can get away with wearing this to work. The picture here shows me wearing Spotlight Coral.

I wouldn't say it's kiss-proof or water bottle-proof, but I am very happy with this lip gloss. I will definitely try out other colors in the future.

on 3/5/2010 9:55:00 AM

I have this in #530 Spotlight Coral. It's a orangy kind of pink, but just enough of yellow tone for my yellow toned skin. I am using my 2nd tube because I realised I love it so much that I was using my 1st one every day at work.

Although it's more expensive than other brands, I would say it's money well spent. It's moist, apply well, shiny (without being drama-mama). I can just skip my gloss and apply this alone. Just that lovely.

If you are looking for a lipstick which performs well in all areas, this is the one for u.

Did I mention that the packaging is just soo divine?? =))

I have this lipstick in Gipsy Red.

I specifically bought one of these lipsticks because the Addict High Shine formula is supposed to be moisturizing and non-drying for those with very, very dry lips. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to find a color that showed up well on my pigmented lips. Most of these shades are quite sheer, and even Gipsy Red looks like a strawberry pink on me unless I really layer it and it never really achieves a true red. Some on the makeup board have actually commented that this is a beautiful MLBB shade on me (which I think is funny, seeing as it's named Gipsy RED).

The formula is pretty nice as far as lipsticks go. It is definitely kinder to my lips than MAC lustres or Cremesheens. I would not say that this lipstick is conditioning, but it is mostly non-drying. I also wear balm under all my lipsticks. The Addict High Shines are indeed extremely, extremely shiny and have a beautiful glossy finish. The lipstick does not migrate into my liplines, even after hours of wear, but rather fades to a pretty even stain (the shininess does definitely go away).

The lasting time with Gipsy Red is pretty average. I would give it 3-4 hours with no drinking/eating. It does come off on coffee cups, but not completely. I imagine the lighter colors would last significantly shorter time periods though.

The packaging on this lipstick is AMAZING, and one of the main reasons that I keep it even though I've found a better lipstick formula for me (Laura Mercier Stickglosses). It is very beautiful and lux looking, and I just love it.

If I ever ran out, I would probably indulge in this lipstick again, because it is a pretty good product - wearable, pretty, non-drying. However, I would not buy this in a different color because I haven't found one that is different enough on my lips (except Flamenco Red which I didn't find flattering to my skintone) to justify the price. Thus, it gets a 4/5 from me, 1/2 a point off for wear time/conditioning properties, and 1/2 a point off for high price point.

Besides the price, I love everything about this lipstick. It makes my lips soft and shimmery. I bought it in Champagne Blush and it's the perfect shade for my very pale skin. The packaging is adorable also.

on 2/15/2009 5:58:00 AM

I am utterly devastated that the ultra shines have been discontinued and replaced with these high shines. These are vastly inferior, far less shiny and feel like thick wax on the lips without any of the gloss the ultra shines had. I am so mad I didn't realise they were replacing them until too late now I have run out and I am scouring the internet for the old formula. Boo hoo to Dior.

on 2/14/2009 9:28:00 PM

Someone recently asked me what my favourite lipstick/gloss was and I couldn't answer...Well I can now!! I bought this in Fig and it's fantastic! I'll definitely be buying more colours.

I have this in Nude Silhouette and it's the perfect pinky beige nude. My skin tone ranges from NC25-40 and this looks great no matter what. I thought it would wash the tanner version of my out but it's just as flattering as when I'm paler. It's slightly cool and even though I prefer a bit of warm peach in my lip colors, it still works for me. Unlike most lipsticks and lipstick glosses, this does not dry my lips out, in fact it's quite moisturizing. MAC, NARS, and Revlon really dry my lips out for some reason. My only complaint is that the color doesn't wear that long and reapplication is necessary throughout the day. But the packaging is very chic and I don't mind pulling it out when needed.