Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Other
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.3

on 1/7/2010 11:46:00 PM

This is a line I'd skipped right over, stupidly, because I erroneously assumed that "high shine" meant "mostly gloss." In other words, the name dissuaded me for reasons of suggesting a lack of pigment and color deposit.

My HG lippies are Nars Damage, Shrinagar, and Fast Ride. I like these because I do not like a full-pigment lipstick and find it aging and overly dramatic. Since I've exhausted the Nars range of plum/berry/wine shades, I investigated Dior. I do have Dior Pinstripe Plum and it too is a favorite of mine, but on a whim I looked into Addict High Shine.

High Shine is a terrific product; I find it performs better than Nars for a balm-like product with depositing stain. I bought shade 914 (Brun Muse/Front-Row Fig). This is a medium plum shade on me with silvery shine within. Texture is thicker than the Nars although the color is not quite so transparent.

Front-Row Fig is lighter than it appears in the tube, where it looks like a deeper plum. After half an hour, the color lightens to a pink/plum that is very becoming. I found High Shine to be creamier and less drying than the Nars lipsticks and more emollient upon application. Color payoff is a bit stronger than in the lighter of the Nars shades I own and lighter than Pinstripe Plum.

Fantastic product. Another ideal crossover lipstick, which, like Fast Ride, spans day to night for those looking for a deeper lip without too much theatricality. continued >>

on 11/8/2008 11:57:00 AM

The reformulated High Shine lipsticks are not as shiny as the old formula. However, what it lost in shine, it gained in texture. Staying power is the same, but they're not as gaudy and drying as before. I had Shiniest Chestnut, which was a "look at all the whitish frost on my lips" statement when the color wore off. Now I own Chestnut Chic--same color, different name. Although the formula could be a bit more glossy, I like the fact that the sparkle is refined. It's a lipstick, not a lipgloss. Overall, good improvement. Definitely better than Chanel's drying Aqualumieres, which shriveled my lips.

on 4/7/2008 11:42:00 PM

I bought Nude Silhouette & one of the Corals - the softer one. Fantastic texture, between a gloss & a lipstick. Shiny but not sticky, and fairly long-lasting. Both have no shimmer, which I like. The Coral is too sheer, almost, so I'll probably layer it with a gloss. Nude Silhouette does a nice muting of the lips without looking dead - good for a polished face with smoky eye. Great, great texture! Hate the overkill packaging though.

Popular Lipsticks