Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.2

on 3/20/2008 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

UPDATE 3/2009: I am taking off 1 lippie. While I still love this color, I just don't find this moisturizing enough for my lips.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: This is a new lipstick collection that launched in Spring 2008. I have this in Cranberry Coquette, purchased at Sephora for $25.00. This lipstick is described as translucent and I would agree. It's a cross between a sheer and a cream l/s in texture, creamy but not too heavy that I feel the need to use a lip brush if I'm on the go. This color is a MLBB color, described as a rosy brown. It's just enough color but not OTT. No glitter or shimmer. Beautiful silver tube fits in a translucent irridescent case. I plan to purchase more shades of this. For reference, NC15 / BB Porcelain, dark brown hair, brown eyes, somewhat pigmented lips.

Ingredients:
dirostearyl malate, polyglyceryl-2-trisosterate, jojoba esters, polyglyceryl-2 isostearate / dimer dilinoleate copolymer, trimethylolpropane triiso-stearate, caprylic / capric / succinic triglyceride, euphorbia cerifera (candelillia) wax, synthetic wax, bis-behenyl/isostearyl/polysteryl dimer dilinoleyl dimer dilinoleate, alumininum hyrdroxide, [+/- mica, tin oxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, silica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, manganese violet, carmine, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake, red 33 lake, orange 5, orange 5 lake, red 21, red 21 lake, red 22 lake, red 27, red 27 lake, red 28 lake, blue 1 lake, red 6, red 7, red 7 lake, red 30 lake]

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I finally managed to try these new lipsticks I was longing after!!!

Well first the packaging: it’s now a ‘Classic’ Dior Addict Packaging, the outer tube has a sheer/mother of pearl like aspect, glossy and classy. With a silver rounded like top, that you pull to reveal the lipstick silver tube itself.
It is advertised as ‘extra long wear’: well, yes, it has got a quite long wear but mind you, it is not a thick formula, therefore it does not last all day as you might initially think. So it has an average lasting power I would say.

About the other advertised feature ”extreme show-stopping shine” I would say yes, it is very shiny, but not glittery nor shimmery….just glossy.... like a plain gloss.
It has the consistency of a lipstick, though, and it makes your lips really… noticeable!! :o) A kind of dolly-lips effect, very sexy.
So it’s a nice, gorgeous gloss that comes in a lipstick-tube like!
It is sold at 25 Euros almost like the other Dior Rouges but the content is slightly inferior (3.5g/0.12oz) if you compare the content of a Gloss tube (6ml -10 ml)… so in the end it may result as being more expensive.

I own shade 222 Casual beige and it’s an easy to wear, all day-all purposes shade. Elegant, easy. I like it a lot! It will soon become one of my staples!!
The available shades are:
Sheer Rose 174 (sheer warm pink)
Nude Silhouette 214 (sheer muted peach)
Casual Beige 222 (sheer pinky beige)
Beige-a-Porter 324 (sheer rose beige)
Sensation Coral 346 (sheer coral)
Champagne Blush 352 (sheer golden pink)
Bronze Bombshell 420 (sheer vibrant copper)
Rose Show 454 (sheer vibrant rose)
Spotlight Coral 530 (sheer bright coral)
Backstage Pink 554 (sheer vibrant berry pink)
Chestnut Chic 612 (sheer plum brown)
Cranberry Coquette 624 (sheer rosy brown)
Pink Protégé 664 (sheer pink)
Catwalk Mauve 680 (sheer mauve plum)
Model Brown 714 (sheer bronze)
Gipsy Red 734 (sheer orange red)
Runway Red 750 (sheer berry red)
Flamenco Red 754 (sheer cherry red)
Raspberry Rush 774 (sheer berry plum)
Front-Row Fig 914 (sheer brownish purple)

on 3/29/2008 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The consistency is of a lipstick, but smooth with a slight gloss finish. I have this in Runway Red which is a berry red that is perfect type of red for daytime wear that gives you alittle pop of color w/o going overboard with a hint of some shimmer to it. Cost $25 with a elegant chic looking container.

on 4/2/2008 6:02:00 PM

Very nice texture, similar to Clinique Buttershines or MAC Slimshines, but a Touch less slippery and even a Hair drier, IMO. I got Beige-a-Porter #324 & Cranberry Coquette #624. These are sheer, so the Cranberry was just slightly darker than MLBB. Beige-a-Porter is slightly paler than my lips, ,but it's not too pale, a pretty Springtime everyday shade. Not as shiny as wearing gloss, but a nice & light "glossy" (NOT goopy) feeling.

The packaging is pretty, slim silver tube inside iridescent square casing. Very pretty! I ordered these from Sephora, but this weekend I'll hit the Dillards near me & grab a few more. These ARE expensive (imo) at $25 but the colors leave just a hint of pearly sheen to make my thin lips look full & pouty, and I don't feel like my lips are all slimy.

on 4/7/2008 11:42:00 PM

I bought Nude Silhouette & one of the Corals - the softer one. Fantastic texture, between a gloss & a lipstick. Shiny but not sticky, and fairly long-lasting. Both have no shimmer, which I like. The Coral is too sheer, almost, so I'll probably layer it with a gloss. Nude Silhouette does a nice muting of the lips without looking dead - good for a polished face with smoky eye. Great, great texture! Hate the overkill packaging though.

I picked up Nude Silhouette at Sephora and just love the whole addict line in general. I am a big fan of the ultra sheer shine l/s but actually think I like this better because it does not contain quite as much of the glitter factor. I love the texture of this and also like the fact your natural lips show through. I really can't seem to put anything really heavy or thick on my lips anymore, so DIOR is my ultimate lipstick. I prefer sheer/ glossy l/s instead. This has a nice glossy appearance with a hint of a creamy texture mixed in. I was told by a Macys SA that they are d/c ultra sheer shine and replacing it with this. I can't wait to try more colors.

on 4/26/2008 12:20:00 PM

I wanted to love this lipstick because the packaging is gorgeous and I love the idea of a high shine lipstick. I bought it in Nude Silhouette, which is a nice neutral color. The color itself is fine, but the lipstick is gone in less then 2 minutes. It also seems to feather out around the mouth area. I definitely expected more for the price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this lipstick in Raspberry Rush. LOVE!! Similar to MAC Slimshines, but I find them to apply more smoothly, look glossier & last longer. Some shades have micro glitter, some are more matte.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After staring at the gorgeous, decadent, model in the Dior High Shine Addict Campaign- all clad in classic Dior extravagance, bejeweled neck, and all, I knew that after owning a great amount of Dior products, ranging from foundation to lip glosses galore, I knew deep down in my drenched colored heart, I had to have these lipsticks!!

The Look: Intergalactic-esque , fantastic plastic see-through case with a shiny silver case.

The Feel: Not at all sticky, but very wet-looking, as in your lips look drenched in both melted sheer color and sparkle.
(hint: I said sparkle, NOT glitter)

These Lipsticks are gorgeous and definitely kiss-worthy, they drench your lips with "babydoll" glossiness, and the colors are so vibrant and refreshing.

What I Own:

Champagne Blush 352- is gorgeous champagne pink-almost like a soft french lingerie pink.

Pink Protege 664-A fresh english pink rose kind of pink,
slightly darker than champagne blush.

I love the packaging, as well the consistency, it does
live up to the High Shine, and Wet Pout :) I love this Dior!!
These make my lips sexier than ever. (its so good, that you dont even need a lipbrush, just apply straight out of the tube, and your lips will look so lush , like you just ate luscious fruit!)

Love these lipsticks! I have beige-a-porter which is a glossy, sheer nude-pink lipstick, and looks very natural & polished on. I'm more on the cool side, (PPP; NW20) & this color is understated enough for my fair skin, but still has enough color to perk up my complexion. I also have the softer coral color which has a bit less color, but has just enough for my tastes so my lips don't actually look orange. It is quite expensive & overpriced (-1 lippie), in my opinion & doesn't last very long once applied, but I still think the pros outweigh the cons with this lipstick. Will buy again!