4.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 years ago

I was totally excited about Sock Hop after reading the reviews here on Mua. But it turned out to be abit too coral & warm for me. I'm NC 25-30, Oriental and I recently finally discovered why warm colors always look terrible on me. Makeup artists have always labelled me as warm toned. After reading this online by an awesome blogger (http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2010/01/undertones-for-asians-how-to-tell-if.html), I would suggest that all asian girls to please read this article! Apparently, I have warm skin but cool neutral undertones. So cool neutral colors actually suit me better, especially since I have bleached ash beige blonde hair. I was on the verge of swapping Sock Hop, when I decided to try Gosh Darling and put 2 blobs of the gloss over it and blend blend blend with my finger. The end result was amazing!!! Like a paler, less pink & more matte version of Creme Cup! It toned down my pigmented (pink, slightly mauve) lips and gave a pale pink nudish shade that was slightly lighter than my actual lip color. Very angelic and princessy! Like the lippies of those gorgeous Korean Actresses! You have to give this a try! :D I probably won't buy this again since its LE and it takes too much work. I tried it over Fanfare (strawberry pink) which is bright enough on it own, and it made it bright bright coral - which made my face look yellow & sallow :) Love the packaging and texture though!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I really love the color of this lipglass. It smells like MACs signature Vanilla scent. The texture applies smoothly, not sticky at all, doesn't have any shimmer in it, so if you love shimmer, this one ISN'T FOR YOU! I'm a sucker for coral/peachy colors :X The packaging is one of the cutest MAC has come out with IMO, some thought it was tacky but I really liked it! I wear this over Lollipop Loving. If you don't touch it for a while, like most lipglosses, it will separate! The only thing I would say is a con about this product, is that the lines show on your lips if you don't have anything underneath it.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

10 years ago

This is my favorite peachy/coral gloss and it makes me sad that it's getting harder and harder to find. The color is very intense but unobtrusive in the way that it never over powers my features or skin tone. The formula feels a bit thicker and heavy to me that MAC's usual glosses though.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I paid $19.99 for this last week on www.allcosmeticswholesale.com. As it is, I think that MAC lip glasses are kinda pricey for the amount of product you get. I wasn't into MAC when the Heatherette Collection came out but the pink tacky packaging might have dissuaded me from buying this lip glass anyway. I love peach lip glosses and I am always on the hunt for different shades. I had seen swatches of SH online and it looked so damn beautiful that when I saw it for sale online, I had to get it despite the cost. It was worth the extra $6. Unlike Flurry of Fun (which for me was all hype and no delivery ---> see my review for more on that), this lipgloss lives up the hype. It's beautiful. It's gorgeous. It's flattering on my NC30/NC35 skin tone. It's pigmented for a lip gloss, but soft enough to wear with strong eye makeup. It's a beautiful peachy-coral that makes my full lips look even more yum. (If I could kiss myself with these lips I would. LOL) I have to fight the total urge to whip out my credit card and see if I can get at least one more of these bad boys. Who's *ss at MAC do I have to kiss to have this repromoted (at the least) or made permanent (dream come true)?

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

10 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipglass. trying to get my hands on some more as backups or find a dupe. wish i had bought a few more while it was still in stores. hopefully mac will re-release it soon with another collection.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I only bought this at my nearby CCO because of the packaging! I missed out on the heatherette collection, so I seek out to find most of the heatherette stuff. But the color, I kind of don't like it if I were to put it on my lips itself. If you add lollipop loving under it, it would be great though.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

10 years ago

This is a fantastic lipgloss! I was first intimidated with the orangey-coral color at first, but it truly went well on my olive skin tone. It glides smoothly without any sparkles/shimmers. I love wearing this over peachstock l/s. This lipgloss is a great alternative to the more common neutral (beige and pink) lipglosses. It’ll look gorgeous alone or over a beige nude l/s and peachy/coral l/s. I wish this was NOT a LE!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

Another LE item that should be a standard gloss. This is a creamy coral, slightly greyed--in other words, it is not hot coral --it's pastel mid toned coral. It looks really nice over "Lollipop Loving" which is a greenish toned rather light frosty coral. It is probably universally flattering except if you have very deep toned lips, in which case I don't think it would be as pretty (I'd go with a gold in that case.) It's one of my faves and a very good color for Spring and Summer.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

11 years ago

Sock hop is a gorgeous pinkish coral. Looks great over lollipop loving or on its own.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

11 years ago

i wish this wasn't LE! it's a beautiful creme coral peach lipgloss that pairs amazingly with lollipop loving l/s as well as numerous nude and peach lipsticks to bring out the peachy tones. it can also be worn alone which gives lips a subtle coral shine. a must have for those who love nude or peachy lips!

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure