4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Okay, so I bought up on these when I heard they were going to be discontinued. Now I only have one left which I'm trying to abstain from cracking open because I got through the others so quickly (it really was my HG daily lipstick even though I'm a matte fanatic). Why, Revlon, why? It's such a Fabulous Fig colour that isn't too light or dark: perfect for daily wear. It stays put, doesn't bleed or feather and moisturises perfectly to boot. You're rotten to the core, Revlon. Every time you create a really good line of anything (eyebrow pencils, lipsticks, concealers, foundations or powders) you let 'em hang around for a couple of years so that we're addicted... only to whip your most popular ranges out in the hopes that we'll have to experiment with your new lines that don't hold a candle to the ranges you've pulled. Dirty pool... and, no, I'm not trying anything else. You reneged on your no animal testing policy and I'm not supporting you any more!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

7 years ago

Why did they discontinue these lipsticks?!?? The revlon soft and smooth lipsticks are so moisturizing!!! This color is a gorgeous browny wine brick red color, if that makes any sense lol. Color is already pigmented in one swipe and you can definitely build on it for a more darker lip. Lipstick has a slight sheen to it. Packaging is exactly the same as the revlon photo ready stick concealers. I purchased this off of eBay. Definitely would look for another one once i'm out! ;)

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

A wonderful winey browned plum perfect for warm-yellow ultra fair skinned people like me. Looks wintry and sophisticated without looking gothic as it has a neutral base. Unfortunately the bullet falls out of the tube so loses a point there, but beautiful colour and finish.

About reviewer (500 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

This shade is wonderful on me ( I use Clinique Acne Solutions fndtn in Fresh Almond, around Mac NW 35-NC 42) . Dark enough to give me definition, neutral enough to look natural, yet with a punch of color (red/brown). My lips are medium sized leaning toward thin, and Fig helps me give them shape, and more prominence in my complexion. The color is rich with a satin finish, and lasts on more or less 3-4 hours Id say? it feels pretty light on the lips, pretty much like a normal lipstick, but it sets after a bit. I had previously bought a TON of shades from loreal infallible rouge, only to find one shade among the one's I got that flattered me: Mesmerizing Merlot, wich on me looks like a similar color to Fig, only cooler, more winey/purpley and a bit less flattering. In the longwear lipcolor battle, infallible rouge's have superior lasting power than The Revlon colorstay S&S l/s, but they are still nice lippies, and feel more light on the lips and less sticky, if at all. i dont find them too drying at all either, since most times i use it without lipbalm or gloss and they still wear pretty comfortably, albeit giving a more matte look to my lips.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

If there's anything Revlon does best, it's the lippies! Fabulous Fig is a lovely cool-toned brown that looks befitting for autumn and winter, or colder seasons. For those with pigmented lips, please do test this out at the drugstore first. The colour I had when I put this on my pink-brown lips was a darker colour, and looked more menacing! (Update: This colour now looks like a rose-brown on my lips. It seems to have changed from when I first tried it!) The texture is creamy and smooth, and it lasted for more than 6 - 8 hours for me, although it does transfer to cups and straws. The creamy feel wears off towards the end of the day. I should also add that the packaging is beautiful and professional-looking. However the clear lower end casing came off within a couple of weeks of usage, and I had to stick it back with superglue, which made the packaging look freaky as it left white residue as it dried. :( Still love the creamy feel though. This product has given me the confidence to try other colours in the range.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I don't know if the Soft & Smooth lipsticks are being discontinued, but I bought Fabulous Fig for 75% off at my local CVS. Anyway, I looove this lipstick. It's soft & smooth and the staying power is pretty good! It rubbed off when I ate, but that's a given. It has a nice reddish brown color and I personally think it's great for medium skintones. So if it's still available around you I'd say go get it! =)

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Fabulous Fig is a plum brown shade that is great for the fall and winter months. I think it is very pretty on my MMM skintone. I don't normally go for long lasting lipsticks because they are usually very drying. This is not the case with the Revlon Colorstay lipsticks. They even feel a tad greasy when you first apply them but when they set they feel like a normal lipstick. If you still find it drying, you can wear a lip balm under it and that should take care of the problem. I would definitely buy this color again.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

I absolutely love this lipstick! I'd never tried a Colorstay l/s at all, but got sucked in by my drugstore having a 75% off clearance sale. Fabulous Fig is a plummy shade with a brown undertone, which works well with my coloring. Decently moisturizing, and lasted through almost an entire workday (and about four cups of coffee!). Glad I tried this one out. Once I realized what nice quality it was, I went back and grabbed a handful of other colors. Another great MUA recommendation!

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I bought Colorstay Soft & Smooth in two shades: Fabulous Fig and Pecan Pleasure. Fig is like a plum+redbrown and Pecan looks more like a pink+redbrown. Both colors are lovely, but I have to say Fig is my default color. I have difficulty wearing dark colors, but this one complemented my fair skin (neutral undertone). Unlike other people who have complained about the smell, I detected a slight scent only, pleasant and not at all plastic-y. Could it be possible their tubes were not "fresh"? Lip feel is as it says: glides on silky and smooth and sets as matte. Overall a good and flattering color and at a good price. I use this more now than I use my NARS Gipsy.Will definitely buy again!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

Although "Fablulous Fig" is not my favorite out of this lipstick line, I like it a lot. This color is very similar to Benefit's Silky Finish lipstick in "Liar Lips." It's a warm plummy shade that looks very sophisticated. I have been searching for a cheaper and longer lasting dupe of "Liar Lips" for about a year now, so I am very glad to have found it. While "Liar Lips" is very smooth and creamy, it disappears from my lips within the hour of application. "Fabulous Fig", on the other hand, is a real heavy-duty lipstick that will cling onto your lips without drying them out. Most longwear lipsticks make your lips flaky and wrinkly looking, but this doesn't do that at all. I love how the color manages to look creamy and pigmented for a long time (before it begins to gradually fade). Upon application, the texture feels very thin and liquidy, but the color won't budge after it sets. I like to put a tiny bit of lip balm under or over it to keep my lips looking glossy and smooth. But do keep in mind that having lip balm underneath this lipstick will prevent it from sticking to your lips correctly, meaning that you will probably have to reapply more often. You should definitely pick this up next time at your local drugstore because it's very worth it! NOTE: My only gripe is that the lipstick bullet doesn't twist all the way down, which makes it extremely likely that I will accidentally scrape against it with the cap. This was great when I was trying to see the shades of the lipsticks at the store, but not if I'm trying to put the cap back on the tube.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm