Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Purple Potion

Filtered by hair type : Straight

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I tried searching for a collection in which Purple Potion was introduced to the Xtreme Wear line, but came up empty, so I assume that it was part of the core colour selection at some point, though it's not listed on the site now. You may still find it in physical discount stores, but you are better off looking online - it's still very easy to find at low prices on many retail sites. I best describe Purple Potion as a violet-leaning purple shade, which has blue flashes in a pearly finish.

The first coat of Purple Potion applies sheer, patchy and uneven, so I was planning on three coats and imagining bumps and brush strokes in the finished result. However the second coat evens the coverage, builds the opaqueness fully, and dries quickly to a smooth & shiny finish - it took my a while to pick a finish to describe Purple Potion with, as the intense shine is almost metallicy and had me staring, trying to find shimmer particles (nope). It doesn't stain my nails, and the wide brush is perfect for my nail shape. I've removed a lippie as Sally Hansen's pearl/frost finishes seem to chip quicker then the other polish finishes do, which does slightly lessen my love for this shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great color! Definitely unique in my large collection. The 4 is for color alone, though, as the formula is kind of a pain. It's very thin and streaky, and 3 coats to being opaque. It's worth it though, as it's a gorgeous reddish purple with very heavy blue shimmer. I don't know if I got a weird bottle or what, as others seem to have had better luck. Anyway, it's lovely, and if I ever used it up, I'd probably buy it again. Definitely recommend if you want to work at it a bit.

Popular Polishes