Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Purple Potion

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute favourite polish colour! I have bought too many bottles to count! It's easy to apply and dries quickly. The only bad thing about it is that it chips within two days so it's best to use a topcoat to make it last longer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a deep violet with a weird pale metallic lilac sheen. I've been on a purple polish jag and this is a nice addition to my expanding collection. Dry time and wear are average, but it has a wide brush and it was only 99 cents at CVS.

I love the SH's Xtreme Wear formula, they really do wear well. Purple Potion was a long time lemming of time. I wanted a color that matched the purple in a Hawaiian Orchid lei, and this is it, perfectly. It's a gorgeous summer pedi shade, for sure.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I tried searching for a collection in which Purple Potion was introduced to the Xtreme Wear line, but came up empty, so I assume that it was part of the core colour selection at some point, though it's not listed on the site now. You may still find it in physical discount stores, but you are better off looking online - it's still very easy to find at low prices on many retail sites. I best describe Purple Potion as a violet-leaning purple shade, which has blue flashes in a pearly finish.

The first coat of Purple Potion applies sheer, patchy and uneven, so I was planning on three coats and imagining bumps and brush strokes in the finished result. However the second coat evens the coverage, builds the opaqueness fully, and dries quickly to a smooth & shiny finish - it took my a while to pick a finish to describe Purple Potion with, as the intense shine is almost metallicy and had me staring, trying to find shimmer particles (nope). It doesn't stain my nails, and the wide brush is perfect for my nail shape. I've removed a lippie as Sally Hansen's pearl/frost finishes seem to chip quicker then the other polish finishes do, which does slightly lessen my love for this shade.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This color is amazing. It takes two coats and a top coat. It is bright and shines. It is a good quality nail polish. It does not ship easily. It is part of my top ten colors. I find the color so pretty and stunning that I am thinking of doing a dress the same color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great color! Definitely unique in my large collection. The 4 is for color alone, though, as the formula is kind of a pain. It's very thin and streaky, and 3 coats to being opaque. It's worth it though, as it's a gorgeous reddish purple with very heavy blue shimmer. I don't know if I got a weird bottle or what, as others seem to have had better luck. Anyway, it's lovely, and if I ever used it up, I'd probably buy it again. Definitely recommend if you want to work at it a bit.

This is a very unique color that I picked up because it wasn't like any other purple I'd seen before. It's opaque in 2 coats, but it looks just as good, only different, when applied with only one coat. The brush is great! I can easily cover my nail with 3 swipes, and I have wide nails. It applies very smoothly as well. It's a great consistency that isn't too thin as to drip everywhere, and not too thick as to being impossible to work with. The thing that upsets me is that it takes quite a while to dry, and if it's not completely dry when you add another layer it slides. But I'm quite patient with nail polish, so this isn't that big of a deal.

This is an amazing purple! I was very surprised at the shade when I put it on and I'm very happy with it. Seems to have slight pink undertones and gives it a bit of a boost.

I think this is my favorite color for toes, at least right now, anyway. :) I usually stay away from purples because they seem too dark for me, but this has just enough of a pink hue in it that I don't feel goth. lol It lasts forever, but I think that's becaues of the seche vite top coat I use. I actually get compliments when I wear this, and no one ever notices my nail polish. Great bargain at around $2.50. I gave it 4 lippies only because it seems to get gloppy and thick and kind of hard to work with faster than most polishes, but I can keep repurchasing this since it's so reasonably priced.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really do like this color. It is kind of a purple with a blue type sheen to it. I really think it is pretty, it can also look a little girly! So far that wear has been good as long as you apply a good top coat (I use seche vite) and it helps greatly! I will be repurchasing! It only cost me 42 cents!

Popular Polishes