Sally Hansen Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

Sally Hansen Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ]  [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethysilosilicate, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/Adipate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methicone, Disodium EDTA, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polysorbate 80, Retinyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Xylitol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Edtract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide.

This is my first day using this foundation so I'll update any changes.
I got this from eBay for £5 in shade ecru beige which is perfect for my pale skin, usually I'm always the palest shade in foundations so I'm glad I didn't go for the porcelain, its a great natural/neutral shade which looks good in all lighting.
I first tried it on my hand this morning and it looked super shiny, I was thinking 'great another one of those glowing foundations that sits on top of my skin and make me look like a grease pan' but then it dried into my skin so nicely looking really natural, actually looking just like skin, id say its somewhere between Matt and the shiny type...probably more on the Matt side.
Then I tried it on my face bearing in mind my skin is really bad at the minute. I'd say this is medium coverage, it covers imperfections and makes my pores look really tiny/ non existing. It looks really natural, I have a few big spots that it didn't cover which I wouldn't want from a foundation anyway, I'll leave that to the concealer. If you are on a tight budget like me then you really need to try this, I've tried nearly all mua cheap foundations with good reviews and this is my favourite so far. I'll update how long it stays on later x

Edit: this is now my second day, it stayed on all day yesterday looking fresh all day long. no new acne so far. Another thing I've noticed is that my skin doesn't look red and irritated when I take this off like all other foundations I've had in the past.

on 4/4/2013 2:34:00 PM

I'm in love with foundation! Perfect makeup is to have perfect skin but natural! So love experimenting bases, bb and cc creans whether exclusive or drugstore. A year ago I was looking for that base (I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). Finally found on Ebay for only $ 5. I liked it for daily use. I'm Mac NC40, chose the color True Beige. Spreads easily, covered little imperfections but was natural. There is nothing extraordinary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Loved this product! Covered my blemishes easily and stayed on all day without caking or coming off. I had to use a bit of powder throughout the day to eliminate shininess but I have to do that with almost all foundations anyway so it was not a big deal. Got it fairly cheap off eBay in two different shades (a darker one for when I'm going out). Love it!

on 10/20/2012 12:41:00 PM

I really wanted to try this foundation for the longest time and I finally purchased it when it went on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $9.99. I purchased the shade 'Ecru Beige' and it was a good match to my MAC NC15 complexion. Honestly, this foundation was such a let down. First I do appreciate the pump bottle, the good colour match, the ease of blending it into my skin, and the semi-matte finish, but the wear is terrible. After fours hours my skin started to look exceptionally greasy, even the dry patches on my skin. Also this foundation started to oxidize into an orange hue and become blotchy on my skin. I tried experimenting with different SPF lotions and primers, but nothing could stop this foundation from turning into a total wreck. Sadly this has gone into my junk make-up pile.

on 9/15/2012 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the only makeup I've ever had that wasn't too orange, or too pink or too white. I love it! its a good level of coverage as well and a natural looking texture.

I don't know where its gone though. I've been going to the drugstore every month for almost 5 months and they haven't restocked it. fortunately the last time I bought some I got 3 bottles. I will be sad to run out.

on 8/31/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got this product for $2 at my local dollarstore. I got 3 bottles and retail price i think was for $14 bucks or something. Didn't do too well with my oily ance prone skin .

on 8/22/2012 5:55:00 PM

This is the first foundation I've found that matches my skin tone (Nude Beige) perfectly and doesn't turn to an oil slick by the end of the day. AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ANYMORE. CVS online doesn't have it (in my color). Drugstore.com: nope. Amazon has it for $60.00?? I wish I knew of another product with the same properties. I guess I'll just keep searching for a stockpile of it somewhere. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

First of all, this foundation is not discontinued so I don't know why it is listed that way. Anyway, this is a "meh" foundation for me. It doesn't control oil really at all and it doesn't stay very long regardless of primers used. It looks okay and coveres pretty well when first applied but you can't layer it and it wears away quickly. It is my second bottle because I keep thinking it's better than I remembered, but it's not. Choosing the right color is a little difficult. I'm NC15 and tried the lightest which was too light. The second lightest, ecru beige, is perfect for me even though it looks like a weird grey in the bottle. Overal, I think this would be a better foundation for dryer skin.

on 1/9/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'd been wanting this foundation for almost a year. I searched high and low for it and finally found it at CVS near my new place. I got Sandy Beige and it's an ok match. However, I think either the bottle I got is old or I am allergic to something in it. I put it on before an international flight ( it was quite long), and at the end of it, I had these tiny flesh tone bumps all over my face. They definitely were not breakouts. My skin looked like chicken skin. Horrible! Luckily, they're going away now after a week.
Other than that, I thought the foundation covered decently. It's not full coverage by any chance but the finish look was pretty and somewhat airbrushed. However, after a few hours my skin got really oily.
I'm going to toss it since I bought it for only $3.29 at CVS on clearance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product because Carmindy's results on the show look so great! I went to my drugstore and i bought the primer, foundation, and loose powder for a whopping $20 each (uhhh...).

I can say I will not buy this product again. It slid off basically after only a couple of hours. I experimented between using the primer and not using it to see if it was just the primer giving me this slick issue, but it is the whole line. The foundation i have is the second lightest yet oxides so much and makes me look orange after a short time. The primer only adds to the problem. I thought applying the powder would fix these issues throughout the day as a quick fix, but it just adds to the mess.

I feel like it absorbed into my skin and got sooo shiny- i can feel it sliding. I am one who likes a matte finish and this is matte at first then gets dewy. I believe if you have normal/dry skin it will look great on you as the formula is a little thick and feels moisturizing, which is not so great on my oily skin. I wish i had better luck with it.