Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.1

on 12/11/2017 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product!

I have super oily skin and have been using the daily microfoliant alongside the derma clay cleanser and active moist moisturiser and love the results!

I am beginning to break out again now (which is totally normal!) so am excited to see the results in a few months time when it clears again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I think this product is overhyped. I think it's a very average scrub. It sometimes doesn't rub off all the patches on my skin but at the same time, the scrub can be pretty rough (although I did learn that with water and very gentle swirling it does alleviate this).

But I think there are better options although it was pretty cheap and it was good to try.

on 11/2/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product six months ago and only used it one time with a very little amount. I hardly bothered to use anymore it because I had other scrubs in my cabinet. Until one day, I got so bored that I paid attention to that tube of mask. I decided to give it another try. I really followed the instruction this time, and I never regretted my decision. My skin turned into very smooth and I just wanted to touch it every time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this stuff! Got a sample from Skin Food in Korea and it exfoliates really well--left my skin super soft, so I think I'll purchase the full size:)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This mask is wonderful for morning use. I know most mask instruct to use at night but i feel that this helps set my makeup for some reason. Also, I notice Skinfood doesn't post ingredients(in English) but the smell of it smells EXACTLY like this brand of lemon black soap that's sold and exported from Africa. I loved that soap but my Aunt bought it for me years ago and i forgot the name of it. If they're incorporating black soap in this product that would explain the good results from the mask.

UPDATE: It's like "Getrade Village Fresh Black Soap" from Ghana. that's the soap i was thinking of

on 10/20/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The Black Sugar Mask was the first item that I purchased from Skin Food and it remains on heavy rotation to this day. It comes packaged in a small screw top tub and contains 100g worth of product. Skin Food describe the Black Sugar Mask as being rich in minerals & vitamins to provide luster and smoothness to skin. The scrub is brown in color and is jam packed with sugar granules suspended in a slightly oily base. The product is strongly scented but I have never been able to put my finger on the specific scent, it smells slightly citrusy. The directions state that after cleansing, gently massage over wet face. Avoid eye area. Rinse off. As the scrub is sugar based I like to ensure that my face is only slightly damp and I apply the product with dry hands to avoid the sugar dissolving immediately. However, I do mix the scrub with a tiny bit on water before applying to avoid it being too harsh on my skin. The first time I used this product I was worried about breakouts as it leaves behind a slightly oily feeling once the sugar granules have dissolved. However, the scrub rinses completely clean with absolutely no oily residue left behind. Leaves skin soft and smooth.

on 6/4/2008 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great stuff! I look forward to scrubbing with this sugar every week. The granules are large but will melt after continuous scrubbing. I love feeling them disappear right under my fingertips. After washing off, it leaves my skin soft and supple, ready for moisturizer. Great purchase and I look forward to my next batch.