SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.3

on 10/8/2017 8:38:00 AM

I prefer chemical over physical exfoliators, but this mask is a nice little treat and is not especially harsh. It`s a very thick sugar paste that smells heavenly. It never quite dries down, but I think the idea is for the oils in it to penetrate your skin for 10-15 minutes. After that I add a little water and gently rub it off. I even use it on my lips, it`s that gentle. I still think my chemical scrub works much better, but I like using this mask as an aromatherapy treat in between my hardcore exfoliation days. It`s not too expensive, so I might repurchase.

The texture of my skin is amazingly smooth after using this mask which I like because with most skin products with exfoliants my face is left feeling dry and tight after. Had this product for 3 months haven't used it a lot of times maybe 5 in total but it's already almost finished. I have combination acne prone skin but my acne has improved greatly in the last month. Debatable whether I'd buy again as I've been using a fair few skin products which may have contributed to my skins improvement. But it's a really nice treat and leaves your skin feeling baby soft and smells great too.

on 9/25/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
When I first heard about this I was a little hesitant whether it would really live up to what it says it does. And it really does. My skin looks so much better after using it, it feels nicer, brighter, clearer and it gives my skin moisture. My skin is very sensitive so I was worried the sugar grains would be a bit too much for me but when using it with a lot of water it was completely fine. I love love love this product and I would definitely buy it again!

on 3/6/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I expected great things from this product, but it not only did not deliver but also put my face in a tail spin. This was incredibly harsh - the sugar granules didn't melt down and the scent was very chemical. I've used milder chemical peels, like The Cure, without incident, but now two days after using this my face is still red, breaking out (extremely unusual for me!) and very sensitive. The worst part is that it's sensitized my face to the point where everything is irritating to it. I follow the Korean method of double cleansing, toner, essence, ampoule and cream, all of which gave me incredibly radiant skin (and none of which irritated my skin!!) - and now I'm scrambling to find something mild enough to allay the redness. Super disappointed.

I will keep it and use it for a foot scrub, but I really can't recommend when there are more gentle and effective products, that are also much less messy to use. Boo.

on 6/3/2014 7:31:00 PM

I was surprised at how bulky and large the product was. But while it may not be the most portable product to fit into a small handbag, the size does bring good value for the money!

The product is a bit messy to apply. After I slathered the product on my face, there was no irritation and I could feel a pleasant tingly sensation while the mask set.

I usually remove it with cotton wool after 15 mins and then rinse off. My skin feels brighter, more radiant and clean after the mask. I have seen a rapid improvement to my skin tone with every application!

on 11/4/2013 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product! Leaves my skin very hydrated, smooth and soft. I always use it while conditioning my hair under the shower, for that reason the packaging is a con, would love to see it in a tube.

on 11/9/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best face masks/exfoliators. Leaves skin very clean and smooth. First I was sceptical to purchase it as it is so pricy but glad I tried it. The beads are little too harsh so be careful and exfoliate gently.