SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the few Skinfood products that I really like (and I've tried most!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the bucks I fork out on French or U.S brands' products. They do lots of sample sizes readily available online meaning you can affordably try out their products....and above all this is a keeper!

I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are quite fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.

The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which imo could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Hmm perhaps best left as it is in that case. Repurchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/18/2018 1:43:00 AM

Would have preferred this in a tube for hygiene purpose. I was always skeptical of this product although it was highly raved. The product packaging makes it look like it’s just a fun fad. Fortunately this is not the case . It is a very gentle manual exfoliator. Depending on your skin condition , you may wish to mix it with less or more water to make it more gentle. The scent is nice too and it has not led to irritations etc ( some scrubs do). I use it once every 2 days and enjoy the scent very much. It is also non drying. I can leave it on the face as a face mask and wash off or wash off immediately . Natural ingredients too

I bought this one two years ago. I truly loves this make and will recommend it to everyone. I don't use it every day so it lasts me a pretty long time. it is not harsh on my skin either. I really enjoy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this. It's a very gentle exfoliater that can be used daily. I love using this at night because it removes ALL of my makeup, and doesn't break me out. It's dirt cheap, and lasts a long time.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of the first items I got when I into the 10 Step Routine (Check out Charlotte Cho's book for a really easy way to learn more), specifically I think I saw it used on Youtube but I can't remember the channel. I liked how this felt on my skin and I would follow it after double cleansing. I'd get my skin a little damp and then wait 15 minutes. It doesn't dry or anything like a typical mask and it feels super luxurious. Do not use it in the shower, water makes it melt off and I remember it running into my eyes and being a big pain.
So, depending on how you choose to exfoliate (chemical v. physical) this is a great way to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone, pigmentation and overall brightening the texture and tone of your skin! FYI, I got mine on Amazon.

on 12/29/2016 5:46:00 AM

I love this mask/scrub. I just wish I could use this every day lol just kidding. Every time I use this mask my face just glows. I just need to be careful in applying it as it could be harsh, I make sure my face is wet and I also put additional water on my hands along with the scrub. I usually scrub it to my face until it melts.

When I use this, my skincare seems to work much better especially my sheetmask. Also, when I use this scrub right after using a nose strip, whiteheads/blackheads come back much latter.

And it'll take forever to finish the tub. I've been using it for 2 months now for once sometimes twice a week but I think I've only use about 1/5 of the tub.

This could be an average scrub/mask to some but this is my HG. For the price and for how it effectively work, it's worthy.

It makes my skin so soft after use. Highly recommend !!!

its an ok scrub but its too oily and the granules dissolve too quickly, ive tried better scrubs

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow very nice. I like thicker scrubs, so I can feel it is really removing my dead sells.
I like the fact that it's organic/natural, no chemicals added.
I have tried many scrubs in the best, my top ones are st. Ives, burts bees (sugar with Shea butter) and this one. Difficult to pick one.
Pros: price, organic, leaves my skin fresh and clean

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The scent is nice, the sugar granules dissolve quickly when massaged in with water so the exfoliation isn't too harsh, and the oils prevent your face from drying out. That said, it's a little overrated. It's very average, doesn't do much to brighten or improve texture in a long-term way. I'm not a fan of the packaging either -- wish it came with a spatula or something because scooping it out with your fingers doesn't feel hygienic, plus the lid doesn't feel secure. I'll finish the tub but I won't be repurchasing.