Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

3.9

on 1/20/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely gentle exfoliator and mask combined. Simply use as an exfoliator in the normal way then leave on the skin for 5 - 10 mins and wow you have super soft skin. The softness lasts for a few days too. It is non drying therefore your skin doesn't over produce oil to compensate. There are a few different "flavours" and the honey one is my favourite.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely love this mask line; I've tried the Black Sugar, Strawberry, Rice and Banana Yoghurt and I've liked all of them. The Rice and Banana Yoghurt are very mild and work refreshing whilst the other 2 really help clearing my acne.

Currently I'm using either the Black Sugar or Strawberry once a week and twice a week if my skin condition is really bad. I usually wash my face first, leave it wet and put on the scrub. I usually leave it on my skin for about 15 minutes and wash it of with lukewarm water. When I have a lot of acne I will reduce the amount of water to make the scrub a bit harsher but even then it doesn't irritate my skin.

I would prefer it if the packaging came with a spatula to make it more hygienic. But it does last a very long time, I bough mine about half a year ago and am about half way whilst both me and my mother use it.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This product was too harsh on my skin. The sugar crystals were too large, so it made my skin sore - no matter how light I scrubbed my face.

on 1/31/2015 7:32:00 PM

Nice grainy scrub that doesn't leave your skin raw. I've heard that many consider this a dupe for the Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub. While I have not tried the Fresh version, I do believe this product provides decent physical exfoliation resulting in an overall glowing skin result akin to what the Fresh users describe. The Skinfood version is a bit cheaper in price but less readily available to us in the states. I purchased mine from amazon with no difficulty. The scrub smells amazing! The sugar crystals dissolve so you can't really overscrub which minimizes irritation. Be sure to apply to a wet face to avoid needless tugging on your skin. I would not use this more than twice a week on days when you are not using chemical exfoliaters. I would gladly repurchase.

Love this. Crystals are big and melt into your skin. Feels good and really exfoliates.
I use it as a scrub and when I have more time as a mask.
This is great, skin is so soft but not raw after.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not bad for an exfoliant but I don't think this gives me any better results than a homemade sugar scrub with a little olive oil and lemon added.

on 4/2/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this in sample sachets on eBay, and that made this mask dirt cheap. I've just put in a repeat order, since I was very pleased with its effect.

I have very sensitive skin, which reacts by stinging and breaking out when the product is too harsh. This mask caused no such reaction, and when I washed it off (taking care not to massage the grains into the skin), I was left with super soft skin, which looked clean and healthy.

This will be my go-to mask when I feel the need to cleanse my skin extra thoroughly, and the sachets are very practical, as well as cheap.

on 5/21/2012 12:27:00 AM

As for the actual product, it's very harsh at first, but being made of sugar, the particles dissolve quickly. Because it's so harsh, I'd only use this once a month or so, and rub it very gently only onto the parts of my face that need heavy exfoliating. But once it's done, it makes my skin so smooth!

To be honest, I can't give the best review of price or packaging, because what I have is a whole bunch of de-potted sample packets! But if I ever go through all of it, I'd consider buying it again.

on 4/8/2009 9:27:00 AM

Just tried this. I like it. You don't need to let it sit on your face - just use it like a scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Good for exfoliating, I used to make homemade sugar scrub and mom fussed about the mess so I bought this. Its more gentle than what I used. Its also moisturising, I thought it was a bit expensive but thats because Im in the states and asian product prices get jacked up when sent over here. It smells like lemon furniture polish wich my sis thinks is so funny. But it doesnt bother me. Might repurchase, depends on if theres better out there.