SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the few Skinfood products that I really like (and I've tried most!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the bucks I fork out on French or U.S brands' products. They do lots of sample sizes readily available online meaning you can affordably try out their products....and above all this is a keeper!

I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are quite fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.

The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which imo could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Hmm perhaps best left as it is in that case. Repurchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 10/8/2013 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a nice exfoliant to help with the blackheads I've been noticing lately. I bought this b/c it's a best seller and also b/c I've been really impressed with all of the Skinfood skincare products I've tried so far. This scrub/mask did not disappoint. I applied a generous amount on my freshly washed face and rubbed it around a bit to exfoliate then left it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Much more coarse and sticky than the Mint Julep scrub I'm used to. The result was soft, glowing skin. Plan on using this once a week or whenever my face needs a pick-me-up. Will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, it kinda prevent acne. I also love the smell
will buy again if i have some spare money