SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the few Skinfood products that I really like (and I've tried most!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the bucks I fork out on French or U.S brands' products. They do lots of sample sizes readily available online meaning you can affordably try out their products....and above all this is a keeper!

I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are quite fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.

The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which imo could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Hmm perhaps best left as it is in that case. Repurchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 12/8/2017 1:05:00 AM

I've been using the it for a few months now, and I absolutely love it! It's perfect for daily use as it's not too harsh and my skin feels refreshed.. and as you only need a little bit, it has lasted me nearly six months.. and I've still got tons left in it! I will definitely be buying this product again.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This product was too harsh on my skin. The sugar crystals were too large, so it made my skin sore - no matter how light I scrubbed my face.

on 3/20/2015 11:01:00 AM

I like this mask
This mask smell so nice just like a sugar . I lovee how it smell . At first when I tried to applied it on my face I thought I must apply it on dry skin . Then I applied it on my dry skin , then nothing happened and I didnt feel it was do a great change on my face . The second times when I applied it , i applied it on damp face , and What Happens ? IT MAKES MY FACE SO DAMN SMOOTH and brightens my skin tone . I recommend this for those who had rough skin and a lot of whitehead or blackhead

I will definitely repurchase this again .

on 1/1/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Myyy preciousssss!! I've been trying to find masks by other brands that are fresh with the Lush kinda vibe. The grains are not too rough and the entire formula is basically the right texture of slushiness. It spreads very well and my face feels soft when you wash it off. Not to mention, the smell is not overpowering and honestly kind of yummy. I've been using this more-or-less everyday for a week and it has a major effect on all the acne that usually sprouts. By incorporating this product to your morning routine, it's such a refreshing way to awaken you.

My favourite scrub hands down. I have never found a face scrub which did not leave my skin feeling so stripped of moisture until I found this. I was walking by and the SA recommended this to me. She said this was the best seller and YES I TOTALY AGREE. First off, the smell is great. The granules melt/dissolve during the scrub and after rinsing off my face has never felt cleaner and smoother. You know how face scrubs tend to leave your skin feeling stripped/SUPER DRY? Well, this doesn't! They have another one in RICE for whitening purposes and I am going to try that soon. For now, I'm sticking to this and loving it.... !!
Skinfood products has been great so far, their cosmetics and skincare... If its readily available in your country I highly recommend it.

on 10/8/2013 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a nice exfoliant to help with the blackheads I've been noticing lately. I bought this b/c it's a best seller and also b/c I've been really impressed with all of the Skinfood skincare products I've tried so far. This scrub/mask did not disappoint. I applied a generous amount on my freshly washed face and rubbed it around a bit to exfoliate then left it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Much more coarse and sticky than the Mint Julep scrub I'm used to. The result was soft, glowing skin. Plan on using this once a week or whenever my face needs a pick-me-up. Will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A very good exfoliant for skin!!! At first I am quite worry if this will be too harsh for my sensitive skin. To my relief, it didn't feel stingy on my face, compared to some previous mask sheets that I used. I massage my face gently when applying it, it felt gentle sitting on my face for 30 minutes, it has a lovely sweet black sugar scent that I love. After that, I rinsed it away with lukewarm water. My face felt so soft and smooth when touching it!! It removes the sebum and dirt on my face very well , and it felt much easier to apply my skincare products after using this mask. Although it works well and didn't cause me breakouts, I only use it once a month or when I feel that my skin condition is ok. Because it is not good to exfoliate sensitive skin too often as it will scrub away the nature defense layer of the skin.

on 4/2/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this in sample sachets on eBay, and that made this mask dirt cheap. I've just put in a repeat order, since I was very pleased with its effect.

I have very sensitive skin, which reacts by stinging and breaking out when the product is too harsh. This mask caused no such reaction, and when I washed it off (taking care not to massage the grains into the skin), I was left with super soft skin, which looked clean and healthy.

This will be my go-to mask when I feel the need to cleanse my skin extra thoroughly, and the sachets are very practical, as well as cheap.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, it kinda prevent acne. I also love the smell
will buy again if i have some spare money