SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the few Skinfood products that I really like (and I've tried most!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the bucks I fork out on French or U.S brands' products. They do lots of sample sizes readily available online meaning you can affordably try out their products....and above all this is a keeper!

I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are quite fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.

The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which imo could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Hmm perhaps best left as it is in that case. Repurchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/18/2018 1:43:00 AM

Would have preferred this in a tube for hygiene purpose. I was always skeptical of this product although it was highly raved. The product packaging makes it look like it’s just a fun fad. Fortunately this is not the case . It is a very gentle manual exfoliator. Depending on your skin condition , you may wish to mix it with less or more water to make it more gentle. The scent is nice too and it has not led to irritations etc ( some scrubs do). I use it once every 2 days and enjoy the scent very much. It is also non drying. I can leave it on the face as a face mask and wash off or wash off immediately . Natural ingredients too

on 1/4/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This makes for a great facial scrub.
I was so happy when iherb started carrying Korean beauty! I was in need of a good facial scrub and, even though this is, technically, a mask, it's scrubby sugar bits makes it a perfect mechanical exfoliate.
So, the texture: basically like wet brown sugar with a bit of oil. Very densely packed in the little jar. Scent is, surprisingly, like lemon ( I was expecting honey and sugar). Easy to scoop out a few fingers' full. Not the most hygienic thing, but for a face wash I'm not overly concerned.
I use this after oil cleanser, putting it on before I add water and trying to gently scrub just my nose before adding water. It would be too harsh without water to use on other parts of my face. It dissolves well with water so you cant really over-scrub. Doesnt foam up at all.
Leaves my skin super soft and clean.
have yet to use it as a mask, but I did attempt it and found it too hard to spread over my face. Maybe I'll try again mixed with some honey or something. SO I dont recommend it for its intended purpose as a mask.
As a scrub though, it's great. Cheap price and good quality. Hasnt caused any issues with my skin.

i have this in cucumber and black sugar. I'm highly surprise when the cucumber mask is so much better on my skin than the black sugar one , considering the black sugar is their best selling. Skinfood cucumber soothing mask , a gel mask , it has cooling effect when use it , it brighten my skin, skin look less dull , softer and plumper (but I use this mask on steam after gym so it probably help to absorb all the benefit from this mask). it doesn't have any color. Black Sugar mask : my sebamed scrub is more scrubbing than this. probably since i have high expectations for this mask so become disappointed when its just an average mask , which is okay for the price . it cost me only usd 10. this is actually okay mask but i luv their cucumber mask more.

on 6/26/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the strawberry version of this scrub, and oh my god does it smell amazing! Like real, fresh strawberry jam. Unfortunately it broke me out, badly :( I think it's the shea butter in it. Also, despite applying it to wet skin I did find the sugar a bit too abrasive for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow very nice. I like thicker scrubs, so I can feel it is really removing my dead sells.
I like the fact that it's organic/natural, no chemicals added.
I have tried many scrubs in the best, my top ones are st. Ives, burts bees (sugar with Shea butter) and this one. Difficult to pick one.
Pros: price, organic, leaves my skin fresh and clean

on 1/31/2015 7:32:00 PM

Nice grainy scrub that doesn't leave your skin raw. I've heard that many consider this a dupe for the Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub. While I have not tried the Fresh version, I do believe this product provides decent physical exfoliation resulting in an overall glowing skin result akin to what the Fresh users describe. The Skinfood version is a bit cheaper in price but less readily available to us in the states. I purchased mine from amazon with no difficulty. The scrub smells amazing! The sugar crystals dissolve so you can't really overscrub which minimizes irritation. Be sure to apply to a wet face to avoid needless tugging on your skin. I would not use this more than twice a week on days when you are not using chemical exfoliaters. I would gladly repurchase.

on 10/8/2013 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a nice exfoliant to help with the blackheads I've been noticing lately. I bought this b/c it's a best seller and also b/c I've been really impressed with all of the Skinfood skincare products I've tried so far. This scrub/mask did not disappoint. I applied a generous amount on my freshly washed face and rubbed it around a bit to exfoliate then left it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Much more coarse and sticky than the Mint Julep scrub I'm used to. The result was soft, glowing skin. Plan on using this once a week or whenever my face needs a pick-me-up. Will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not bad for an exfoliant but I don't think this gives me any better results than a homemade sugar scrub with a little olive oil and lemon added.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, it kinda prevent acne. I also love the smell
will buy again if i have some spare money