SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

3.9

on 1/4/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This makes for a great facial scrub.
I was so happy when iherb started carrying Korean beauty! I was in need of a good facial scrub and, even though this is, technically, a mask, it's scrubby sugar bits makes it a perfect mechanical exfoliate.
So, the texture: basically like wet brown sugar with a bit of oil. Very densely packed in the little jar. Scent is, surprisingly, like lemon ( I was expecting honey and sugar). Easy to scoop out a few fingers' full. Not the most hygienic thing, but for a face wash I'm not overly concerned.
I use this after oil cleanser, putting it on before I add water and trying to gently scrub just my nose before adding water. It would be too harsh without water to use on other parts of my face. It dissolves well with water so you cant really over-scrub. Doesnt foam up at all.
Leaves my skin super soft and clean.
have yet to use it as a mask, but I did attempt it and found it too hard to spread over my face. Maybe I'll try again mixed with some honey or something. SO I dont recommend it for its intended purpose as a mask.
As a scrub though, it's great. Cheap price and good quality. Hasnt caused any issues with my skin.

on 6/26/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have the strawberry version of this scrub, and oh my god does it smell amazing! Like real, fresh strawberry jam. Unfortunately it broke me out, badly :( I think it's the shea butter in it. Also, despite applying it to wet skin I did find the sugar a bit too abrasive for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the supposedly premium version with Honey added in korea. Smells really of honey and putting honey on your face.

It can be kinda oily and rough as the grains are quite coarse and for the honey version, it much more gloopy than the normal one. What I liked about it is that my skin indeed feels more smoother after I washed it off and many Korean swear by this cheap and good product. Its I think lesser than 10000 won in Korean, the Honey one is slightly more expensive than the normal version. If I am not wrong should be 8800 won in korea and 7900 for the normal version. Not sure did prices go up though as I went there 2 years ago.

Like what others mentioned as it is in a tub form so it can be quite unhygienic and I am using other spatulas to reach out to the product. So I rated fair for the packaging as well.

Just need to wash your face clean and put the mask on for 10-15 mins and wash it off. I'm not really sure if its my HG, I think I can live without this product and there are so many mask in the market hence I probably won't be repurchasing it as well.

on 7/10/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Overall, I think this is a very good mask. The most noticeable difference it makes is that it immediately leaves me with super soft and smooth skin. While the sugar granules could be considered harsh, I find it isn't a problem for my sensitive skin as long as I use light pressure while rinsing off. I also appreciate that my skin doesn't feel stripped or dry after this exfoliation, but rather hydrated. While I really like this mask, I tend to find myself reaching for clarifying masks more often. This mask would be excellent for someone who wants to improve texture or dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm over 40 and read all the fantastic reviews for this product. They're all true. My mature skin literally GLOWS. This is an amazing facial scrub. I have combination skin as well as eczema and it doesn't negatively affect my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A very good exfoliant for skin!!! At first I am quite worry if this will be too harsh for my sensitive skin. To my relief, it didn't feel stingy on my face, compared to some previous mask sheets that I used. I massage my face gently when applying it, it felt gentle sitting on my face for 30 minutes, it has a lovely sweet black sugar scent that I love. After that, I rinsed it away with lukewarm water. My face felt so soft and smooth when touching it!! It removes the sebum and dirt on my face very well , and it felt much easier to apply my skincare products after using this mask. Although it works well and didn't cause me breakouts, I only use it once a month or when I feel that my skin condition is ok. Because it is not good to exfoliate sensitive skin too often as it will scrub away the nature defense layer of the skin.

on 4/2/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this in sample sachets on eBay, and that made this mask dirt cheap. I've just put in a repeat order, since I was very pleased with its effect.

I have very sensitive skin, which reacts by stinging and breaking out when the product is too harsh. This mask caused no such reaction, and when I washed it off (taking care not to massage the grains into the skin), I was left with super soft skin, which looked clean and healthy.

This will be my go-to mask when I feel the need to cleanse my skin extra thoroughly, and the sachets are very practical, as well as cheap.

on 3/28/2011 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is a scrub made of sugar and some oils. It comes in a tub and is brownish-black. The particles are not so fine, but not too abrasive either. I'd say the granules give a satisfying scrub. The smell reminds me of Coca-cola, but sweeter. I feel this scrub definitely removes dead skin cells on the upper layers of my skin. My skin is noticeably smoother to the touch after use. However, I find that this product does not really deep clean into the pores, and that is what I like my masks/scrubs to do. If you are concerned only of smoothing the dermis, I would certainly recommend this product given its abilities, and it is fun to use. I wouldn't recommend this to gals who crave for some serious de-clogging of pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This mask is wonderful for morning use. I know most mask instruct to use at night but i feel that this helps set my makeup for some reason. Also, I notice Skinfood doesn't post ingredients(in English) but the smell of it smells EXACTLY like this brand of lemon black soap that's sold and exported from Africa. I loved that soap but my Aunt bought it for me years ago and i forgot the name of it. If they're incorporating black soap in this product that would explain the good results from the mask.

UPDATE: It's like "Getrade Village Fresh Black Soap" from Ghana. that's the soap i was thinking of