SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the few Skinfood products that I really like (and I've tried most!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the bucks I fork out on French or U.S brands' products. They do lots of sample sizes readily available online meaning you can affordably try out their products....and above all this is a keeper!

I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are quite fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.

The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which imo could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Hmm perhaps best left as it is in that case. Repurchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

i have this in cucumber and black sugar. I'm highly surprise when the cucumber mask is so much better on my skin than the black sugar one , considering the black sugar is their best selling. Skinfood cucumber soothing mask , a gel mask , it has cooling effect when use it , it brighten my skin, skin look less dull , softer and plumper (but I use this mask on steam after gym so it probably help to absorb all the benefit from this mask). it doesn't have any color. Black Sugar mask : my sebamed scrub is more scrubbing than this. probably since i have high expectations for this mask so become disappointed when its just an average mask , which is okay for the price . it cost me only usd 10. this is actually okay mask but i luv their cucumber mask more.

on 1/31/2015 7:32:00 PM

Nice grainy scrub that doesn't leave your skin raw. I've heard that many consider this a dupe for the Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub. While I have not tried the Fresh version, I do believe this product provides decent physical exfoliation resulting in an overall glowing skin result akin to what the Fresh users describe. The Skinfood version is a bit cheaper in price but less readily available to us in the states. I purchased mine from amazon with no difficulty. The scrub smells amazing! The sugar crystals dissolve so you can't really overscrub which minimizes irritation. Be sure to apply to a wet face to avoid needless tugging on your skin. I would not use this more than twice a week on days when you are not using chemical exfoliaters. I would gladly repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not bad for an exfoliant but I don't think this gives me any better results than a homemade sugar scrub with a little olive oil and lemon added.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Scent is wonderful, scrub very coarse, takes a while to get used to. After gently massaging onto my dry face, stone mill turns into milky colour. Leave it onto your face for 15 min and rinse off.
Face is very smooth after each scrub.

on 4/8/2009 9:27:00 AM

Just tried this. I like it. You don't need to let it sit on your face - just use it like a scrub.