Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 10/8/2017 8:38:00 AM

I prefer chemical over physical exfoliators, but this mask is a nice little treat and is not especially harsh. It`s a very thick sugar paste that smells heavenly. It never quite dries down, but I think the idea is for the oils in it to penetrate your skin for 10-15 minutes. After that I add a little water and gently rub it off. I even use it on my lips, it`s that gentle. I still think my chemical scrub works much better, but I like using this mask as an aromatherapy treat in between my hardcore exfoliation days. It`s not too expensive, so I might repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of the first items I got when I into the 10 Step Routine (Check out Charlotte Cho's book for a really easy way to learn more), specifically I think I saw it used on Youtube but I can't remember the channel. I liked how this felt on my skin and I would follow it after double cleansing. I'd get my skin a little damp and then wait 15 minutes. It doesn't dry or anything like a typical mask and it feels super luxurious. Do not use it in the shower, water makes it melt off and I remember it running into my eyes and being a big pain.
So, depending on how you choose to exfoliate (chemical v. physical) this is a great way to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone, pigmentation and overall brightening the texture and tone of your skin! FYI, I got mine on Amazon.

on 12/29/2016 5:46:00 AM

I love this mask/scrub. I just wish I could use this every day lol just kidding. Every time I use this mask my face just glows. I just need to be careful in applying it as it could be harsh, I make sure my face is wet and I also put additional water on my hands along with the scrub. I usually scrub it to my face until it melts.

When I use this, my skincare seems to work much better especially my sheetmask. Also, when I use this scrub right after using a nose strip, whiteheads/blackheads come back much latter.

And it'll take forever to finish the tub. I've been using it for 2 months now for once sometimes twice a week but I think I've only use about 1/5 of the tub.

This could be an average scrub/mask to some but this is my HG. For the price and for how it effectively work, it's worthy.

i have this in cucumber and black sugar. I'm highly surprise when the cucumber mask is so much better on my skin than the black sugar one , considering the black sugar is their best selling. Skinfood cucumber soothing mask , a gel mask , it has cooling effect when use it , it brighten my skin, skin look less dull , softer and plumper (but I use this mask on steam after gym so it probably help to absorb all the benefit from this mask). it doesn't have any color. Black Sugar mask : my sebamed scrub is more scrubbing than this. probably since i have high expectations for this mask so become disappointed when its just an average mask , which is okay for the price . it cost me only usd 10. this is actually okay mask but i luv their cucumber mask more.

It makes my skin so soft after use. Highly recommend !!!

on 11/21/2015 7:42:00 AM

It's so amazing! It may feel a little bit harsh on your skin and it kinda hurts if you dont add water to it, but even so, it works really well. My skin feels suuuuuuper smooth like a baby's butt after using it! It exfoliates really well, my skin gets brighter and cleaner after using it, and the rest of my skincare product seeps into my skin better. A little goes a long way too, as you only need a little to exfoliate your face.

I would give it a 5 if it includes a spatula, but all in all, I'd recommend this to anybody & I'll definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely love this mask line; I've tried the Black Sugar, Strawberry, Rice and Banana Yoghurt and I've liked all of them. The Rice and Banana Yoghurt are very mild and work refreshing whilst the other 2 really help clearing my acne.

Currently I'm using either the Black Sugar or Strawberry once a week and twice a week if my skin condition is really bad. I usually wash my face first, leave it wet and put on the scrub. I usually leave it on my skin for about 15 minutes and wash it of with lukewarm water. When I have a lot of acne I will reduce the amount of water to make the scrub a bit harsher but even then it doesn't irritate my skin.

I would prefer it if the packaging came with a spatula to make it more hygienic. But it does last a very long time, I bough mine about half a year ago and am about half way whilst both me and my mother use it.

on 9/2/2015 3:23:00 AM

I have no issue with the smell, it actually smells like lemon to me. I like that the sugar granules are big and dissolvable. I usually leave it on my skin for 15 mins and while waiting, I like to rub the sugar granules for an exfoliation. Before I cleanse it off entirely, I splash a handful of water on my face and continue working on the exfoliation till the sugar granules dissolve entirely, then I cleanse it thoroughly to remove the remnants.

If you use too much water on the mask, the sugar granules dissolve very quickly. So the tip is to use the water sparingly if you plan to make use of the sugar granules for exfoliation.

I remove 1 lippie off, because of the packaging. Would prefer it in a tube than a tub.

its an ok scrub but its too oily and the granules dissolve too quickly, ive tried better scrubs

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The scent is nice, the sugar granules dissolve quickly when massaged in with water so the exfoliation isn't too harsh, and the oils prevent your face from drying out. That said, it's a little overrated. It's very average, doesn't do much to brighten or improve texture in a long-term way. I'm not a fan of the packaging either -- wish it came with a spatula or something because scooping it out with your fingers doesn't feel hygienic, plus the lid doesn't feel secure. I'll finish the tub but I won't be repurchasing.