Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.1

on 10/8/2017 8:38:00 AM

I prefer chemical over physical exfoliators, but this mask is a nice little treat and is not especially harsh. It`s a very thick sugar paste that smells heavenly. It never quite dries down, but I think the idea is for the oils in it to penetrate your skin for 10-15 minutes. After that I add a little water and gently rub it off. I even use it on my lips, it`s that gentle. I still think my chemical scrub works much better, but I like using this mask as an aromatherapy treat in between my hardcore exfoliation days. It`s not too expensive, so I might repurchase.

on 1/4/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This makes for a great facial scrub.
I was so happy when iherb started carrying Korean beauty! I was in need of a good facial scrub and, even though this is, technically, a mask, it's scrubby sugar bits makes it a perfect mechanical exfoliate.
So, the texture: basically like wet brown sugar with a bit of oil. Very densely packed in the little jar. Scent is, surprisingly, like lemon ( I was expecting honey and sugar). Easy to scoop out a few fingers' full. Not the most hygienic thing, but for a face wash I'm not overly concerned.
I use this after oil cleanser, putting it on before I add water and trying to gently scrub just my nose before adding water. It would be too harsh without water to use on other parts of my face. It dissolves well with water so you cant really over-scrub. Doesnt foam up at all.
Leaves my skin super soft and clean.
have yet to use it as a mask, but I did attempt it and found it too hard to spread over my face. Maybe I'll try again mixed with some honey or something. SO I dont recommend it for its intended purpose as a mask.
As a scrub though, it's great. Cheap price and good quality. Hasnt caused any issues with my skin.

i have this in cucumber and black sugar. I'm highly surprise when the cucumber mask is so much better on my skin than the black sugar one , considering the black sugar is their best selling. Skinfood cucumber soothing mask , a gel mask , it has cooling effect when use it , it brighten my skin, skin look less dull , softer and plumper (but I use this mask on steam after gym so it probably help to absorb all the benefit from this mask). it doesn't have any color. Black Sugar mask : my sebamed scrub is more scrubbing than this. probably since i have high expectations for this mask so become disappointed when its just an average mask , which is okay for the price . it cost me only usd 10. this is actually okay mask but i luv their cucumber mask more.

The texture of my skin is amazingly smooth after using this mask which I like because with most skin products with exfoliants my face is left feeling dry and tight after. Had this product for 3 months haven't used it a lot of times maybe 5 in total but it's already almost finished. I have combination acne prone skin but my acne has improved greatly in the last month. Debatable whether I'd buy again as I've been using a fair few skin products which may have contributed to my skins improvement. But it's a really nice treat and leaves your skin feeling baby soft and smells great too.

on 7/20/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Would definitely recommend this to everyone as it exfoliates gently and leave no oily residue or anything! Leaves skin superb smooth

on 6/26/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the strawberry version of this scrub, and oh my god does it smell amazing! Like real, fresh strawberry jam. Unfortunately it broke me out, badly :( I think it's the shea butter in it. Also, despite applying it to wet skin I did find the sugar a bit too abrasive for me.

on 9/25/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
When I first heard about this I was a little hesitant whether it would really live up to what it says it does. And it really does. My skin looks so much better after using it, it feels nicer, brighter, clearer and it gives my skin moisture. My skin is very sensitive so I was worried the sugar grains would be a bit too much for me but when using it with a lot of water it was completely fine. I love love love this product and I would definitely buy it again!

its an ok scrub but its too oily and the granules dissolve too quickly, ive tried better scrubs

The smell is awful...dislike it...n it's too rough to scrub on my skin even added water...will never buy again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow very nice. I like thicker scrubs, so I can feel it is really removing my dead sells.
I like the fact that it's organic/natural, no chemicals added.
I have tried many scrubs in the best, my top ones are st. Ives, burts bees (sugar with Shea butter) and this one. Difficult to pick one.
Pros: price, organic, leaves my skin fresh and clean