SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Other
SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

on 11/23/2018 7:35:00 AM

I must be the only one who isn't blown away by this product. I had wanted to try it for so long, but didn't want to order online, most of the Skinfood shops near me have closed down and their Facebook page didn't respond to my question about which outlets sell it. Some pharmacies here carry a very small range.
I was so surprised to go to a different shopping centre and accidentally spot a Skinfood store! Without hesitation I bought this scrub and mask in one. Prior to this I made my own with brown sugar, honey and a tiny bit of olive oil, or brown sugar and yoghurt- depending on what I had at home at the time.
I couldn't wait to get home and try it but found it quite underwhelming. Firstly the fake smell is horrible. It smells like a cheap toilet air freshener, a mix between lemon and lavender. It's horrible. Not at all what I expected.
Minus the smell It works well as a scrub, and ok as a mask but no better than my own home made scrubs and masks do, and they don't smell anywhere near as bad!
On the plus side you only need a tiny bit of product so it should last forever, but for the 35RM this little tub cost me I could have made a couple of kilos of my own recipe!
Definitely won't be repurchasing as I hate the air freshener smell it has.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this. It's a very gentle exfoliater that can be used daily. I love using this at night because it removes ALL of my makeup, and doesn't break me out. It's dirt cheap, and lasts a long time.

on 1/5/2013 3:14:00 AM

You know there are times when your skin just feel rough and tired? I put a thin layer of this mask on for 15-20 minutes, then I rinsed it off. For most masks, I feel like I needed to wash my face again after taking off the mask, but for this... My skin feels both clean and smooth. It was amazing. It did wonders restoring moisture into my skin, scrubbing off the dead skin, and making it smooth. I love it.
I do not like the packaging. I think it's awkward.

on 8/25/2009 3:44:00 AM

I'd say this is the best scrub I have used, and I'v used 2 tubs of it. I have sensitive skin, also acne-prone, so any harsh scrub will immediately give me little pimples or redness. And the "gentle" scrubs usually do nothing for me. This scrub is just right, a good balance of scrubbing power and moisture. It doesn't dry out my skin, just make it really smooth, and a bit brighter than before as well.
It's also really cheap, considering the tub lasts you a really long time since you only use about a teaspoonful of the product each time. Will buy again!

on 1/5/2009 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this mask. It leave my skin very smooth after scrubbing the granules off. Exfoilates the skin very well. Gives me a tingling warm sensation whenever I apply it. Not a big fan of the packaging because I have to dip my fingers into the tub everytime and the texture seems to be very hard.