SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 11/23/2018 7:35:00 AM

I must be the only one who isn't blown away by this product. I had wanted to try it for so long, but didn't want to order online, most of the Skinfood shops near me have closed down and their Facebook page didn't respond to my question about which outlets sell it. Some pharmacies here carry a very small range.
I was so surprised to go to a different shopping centre and accidentally spot a Skinfood store! Without hesitation I bought this scrub and mask in one. Prior to this I made my own with brown sugar, honey and a tiny bit of olive oil, or brown sugar and yoghurt- depending on what I had at home at the time.
I couldn't wait to get home and try it but found it quite underwhelming. Firstly the fake smell is horrible. It smells like a cheap toilet air freshener, a mix between lemon and lavender. It's horrible. Not at all what I expected.
Minus the smell It works well as a scrub, and ok as a mask but no better than my own home made scrubs and masks do, and they don't smell anywhere near as bad!
On the plus side you only need a tiny bit of product so it should last forever, but for the 35RM this little tub cost me I could have made a couple of kilos of my own recipe!
Definitely won't be repurchasing as I hate the air freshener smell it has.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the few Skinfood products that I really like (and I've tried most!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the bucks I fork out on French or U.S brands' products. They do lots of sample sizes readily available online meaning you can affordably try out their products....and above all this is a keeper!

I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are quite fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.

The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which imo could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Hmm perhaps best left as it is in that case. Repurchase for sure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/18/2018 1:43:00 AM

Would have preferred this in a tube for hygiene purpose. I was always skeptical of this product although it was highly raved. The product packaging makes it look like it’s just a fun fad. Fortunately this is not the case . It is a very gentle manual exfoliator. Depending on your skin condition , you may wish to mix it with less or more water to make it more gentle. The scent is nice too and it has not led to irritations etc ( some scrubs do). I use it once every 2 days and enjoy the scent very much. It is also non drying. I can leave it on the face as a face mask and wash off or wash off immediately . Natural ingredients too

I got a sample of this in an ipsy bag and i absolutely loved it. I dont know what the usually package and price is, but the quality of the product was amazing. It was probably my favorite skincare product I have ever used in my life. It smelt amazing and left my skin so soft and smooth. I would defiantly recommend this.

I bought this one two years ago. I truly loves this make and will recommend it to everyone. I don't use it every day so it lasts me a pretty long time. it is not harsh on my skin either. I really enjoy it.

on 12/11/2017 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product!

I have super oily skin and have been using the daily microfoliant alongside the derma clay cleanser and active moist moisturiser and love the results!

I am beginning to break out again now (which is totally normal!) so am excited to see the results in a few months time when it clears again!

on 12/8/2017 1:05:00 AM

I've been using the it for a few months now, and I absolutely love it! It's perfect for daily use as it's not too harsh and my skin feels refreshed.. and as you only need a little bit, it has lasted me nearly six months.. and I've still got tons left in it! I will definitely be buying this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this. It's a very gentle exfoliater that can be used daily. I love using this at night because it removes ALL of my makeup, and doesn't break me out. It's dirt cheap, and lasts a long time.

on 10/8/2017 8:38:00 AM

I prefer chemical over physical exfoliators, but this mask is a nice little treat and is not especially harsh. It`s a very thick sugar paste that smells heavenly. It never quite dries down, but I think the idea is for the oils in it to penetrate your skin for 10-15 minutes. After that I add a little water and gently rub it off. I even use it on my lips, it`s that gentle. I still think my chemical scrub works much better, but I like using this mask as an aromatherapy treat in between my hardcore exfoliation days. It`s not too expensive, so I might repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of the first items I got when I into the 10 Step Routine (Check out Charlotte Cho's book for a really easy way to learn more), specifically I think I saw it used on Youtube but I can't remember the channel. I liked how this felt on my skin and I would follow it after double cleansing. I'd get my skin a little damp and then wait 15 minutes. It doesn't dry or anything like a typical mask and it feels super luxurious. Do not use it in the shower, water makes it melt off and I remember it running into my eyes and being a big pain.
So, depending on how you choose to exfoliate (chemical v. physical) this is a great way to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone, pigmentation and overall brightening the texture and tone of your skin! FYI, I got mine on Amazon.