Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow very nice. I like thicker scrubs, so I can feel it is really removing my dead sells.
I like the fact that it's organic/natural, no chemicals added.
I have tried many scrubs in the best, my top ones are st. Ives, burts bees (sugar with Shea butter) and this one. Difficult to pick one.
Pros: price, organic, leaves my skin fresh and clean

on 10/8/2013 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a nice exfoliant to help with the blackheads I've been noticing lately. I bought this b/c it's a best seller and also b/c I've been really impressed with all of the Skinfood skincare products I've tried so far. This scrub/mask did not disappoint. I applied a generous amount on my freshly washed face and rubbed it around a bit to exfoliate then left it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Much more coarse and sticky than the Mint Julep scrub I'm used to. The result was soft, glowing skin. Plan on using this once a week or whenever my face needs a pick-me-up. Will repurchase again and again!

on 11/9/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best face masks/exfoliators. Leaves skin very clean and smooth. First I was sceptical to purchase it as it is so pricy but glad I tried it. The beads are little too harsh so be careful and exfoliate gently.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Scent is wonderful, scrub very coarse, takes a while to get used to. After gently massaging onto my dry face, stone mill turns into milky colour. Leave it onto your face for 15 min and rinse off.
Face is very smooth after each scrub.

on 1/4/2017 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This makes for a great facial scrub.
I was so happy when iherb started carrying Korean beauty! I was in need of a good facial scrub and, even though this is, technically, a mask, it's scrubby sugar bits makes it a perfect mechanical exfoliate.
So, the texture: basically like wet brown sugar with a bit of oil. Very densely packed in the little jar. Scent is, surprisingly, like lemon ( I was expecting honey and sugar). Easy to scoop out a few fingers' full. Not the most hygienic thing, but for a face wash I'm not overly concerned.
I use this after oil cleanser, putting it on before I add water and trying to gently scrub just my nose before adding water. It would be too harsh without water to use on other parts of my face. It dissolves well with water so you cant really over-scrub. Doesnt foam up at all.
Leaves my skin super soft and clean.
have yet to use it as a mask, but I did attempt it and found it too hard to spread over my face. Maybe I'll try again mixed with some honey or something. SO I dont recommend it for its intended purpose as a mask.
As a scrub though, it's great. Cheap price and good quality. Hasnt caused any issues with my skin.

on 1/31/2015 7:32:00 PM

Nice grainy scrub that doesn't leave your skin raw. I've heard that many consider this a dupe for the Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub. While I have not tried the Fresh version, I do believe this product provides decent physical exfoliation resulting in an overall glowing skin result akin to what the Fresh users describe. The Skinfood version is a bit cheaper in price but less readily available to us in the states. I purchased mine from amazon with no difficulty. The scrub smells amazing! The sugar crystals dissolve so you can't really overscrub which minimizes irritation. Be sure to apply to a wet face to avoid needless tugging on your skin. I would not use this more than twice a week on days when you are not using chemical exfoliaters. I would gladly repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, it kinda prevent acne. I also love the smell
will buy again if i have some spare money

on 5/12/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm Lush maniac(I used to be a big fan of Mask of magnaminty and Ocean salt face scrub),and I think their products are the best,but since they closed their shops at my country I feel kinda desperado..but what is gone is gone,got to face the truth somehow,and I got to search something which more or less close to Lush's.This is no Lush..and I can't read the ingredients(dunno how much they put preservatives or other chemicals),no latins ,no english etc..so it's so hard to take this korean brand seriously(I'm neither joining to BB cream's crazed actually..),but in the end I have to take a chance!!,I bought it,it's quite expensive in my country!..but at least so far it works for my skin.
it clears my skin nicely,it's sticky and warm to the skin,it makes dried /old skins gone ,removes balck heads..the granules a bit rough but it melts to the skin nicely!!I expected it's smelling foodie kinda thing,but it smells lemony,unnatural scent but I can cope with it!
it's good exfoliator,I like the results so far,Not my HG because I used to be very fussy about my skin/haircare..it means that I have to know the ingredients in english or Latins,mostly natural stuffs got their ingredients in english and in latin.

on 4/8/2009 9:27:00 AM

Just tried this. I like it. You don't need to let it sit on your face - just use it like a scrub.

i have this in cucumber and black sugar. I'm highly surprise when the cucumber mask is so much better on my skin than the black sugar one , considering the black sugar is their best selling. Skinfood cucumber soothing mask , a gel mask , it has cooling effect when use it , it brighten my skin, skin look less dull , softer and plumper (but I use this mask on steam after gym so it probably help to absorb all the benefit from this mask). it doesn't have any color. Black Sugar mask : my sebamed scrub is more scrubbing than this. probably since i have high expectations for this mask so become disappointed when its just an average mask , which is okay for the price . it cost me only usd 10. this is actually okay mask but i luv their cucumber mask more.