Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 3/6/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I expected great things from this product, but it not only did not deliver but also put my face in a tail spin. This was incredibly harsh - the sugar granules didn't melt down and the scent was very chemical. I've used milder chemical peels, like The Cure, without incident, but now two days after using this my face is still red, breaking out (extremely unusual for me!) and very sensitive. The worst part is that it's sensitized my face to the point where everything is irritating to it. I follow the Korean method of double cleansing, toner, essence, ampoule and cream, all of which gave me incredibly radiant skin (and none of which irritated my skin!!) - and now I'm scrambling to find something mild enough to allay the redness. Super disappointed.

I will keep it and use it for a foot scrub, but I really can't recommend when there are more gentle and effective products, that are also much less messy to use. Boo.

on 8/3/2013 3:32:00 AM

i feel comfortable after using it but a day later it makes me break out so bad.I try many times and the results r the same .I don't like Skinfood ,i use their loose power , Bb Cream , not flawless and smell so bad.I never buy Skinfood again .I find out Yves Rocher have sth better and still natural

on 4/30/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

the package, like any other Skinfood products, is uber cute.like a jar of jam, or frozen yogurt.

i've read all the hype about how good this mask is. about it hydrates, etcetera. so i gave it a try.
not like it at all. i find this too abrasive, harsh, and i feel like im using sandpaper on my face.i notice this stingy scent, and it leaves my skin reddish, irritated and it hurts. i don't even massage it onto my skin but it's terrible.

i use it for my feet, elbows& knees; and this mask works nicely there. will repurchase it? no. i'd stick to my homemade oat-coffee grains-milk-and honey for my feet.

on 6/26/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the strawberry version of this scrub, and oh my god does it smell amazing! Like real, fresh strawberry jam. Unfortunately it broke me out, badly :( I think it's the shea butter in it. Also, despite applying it to wet skin I did find the sugar a bit too abrasive for me.

The smell is awful...dislike it...n it's too rough to scrub on my skin even added water...will never buy again...

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This product was too harsh on my skin. The sugar crystals were too large, so it made my skin sore - no matter how light I scrubbed my face.

on 11/24/2013 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My skin feel soft after use it but looks thin. Some hours later my face was break out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used this when I was staying at my best friends house in Korea...she had a tub in her bathroom hehe. Personally I found it too harsh and didn't really notice that my skin looked any more radiant or revived like it usually does when I use scrubs. The scent was pretty nice though. I wouldn't buy this myself.

i have this in cucumber and black sugar. I'm highly surprise when the cucumber mask is so much better on my skin than the black sugar one , considering the black sugar is their best selling. Skinfood cucumber soothing mask , a gel mask , it has cooling effect when use it , it brighten my skin, skin look less dull , softer and plumper (but I use this mask on steam after gym so it probably help to absorb all the benefit from this mask). it doesn't have any color. Black Sugar mask : my sebamed scrub is more scrubbing than this. probably since i have high expectations for this mask so become disappointed when its just an average mask , which is okay for the price . it cost me only usd 10. this is actually okay mask but i luv their cucumber mask more.

its an ok scrub but its too oily and the granules dissolve too quickly, ive tried better scrubs