SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 3/6/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I expected great things from this product, but it not only did not deliver but also put my face in a tail spin. This was incredibly harsh - the sugar granules didn't melt down and the scent was very chemical. I've used milder chemical peels, like The Cure, without incident, but now two days after using this my face is still red, breaking out (extremely unusual for me!) and very sensitive. The worst part is that it's sensitized my face to the point where everything is irritating to it. I follow the Korean method of double cleansing, toner, essence, ampoule and cream, all of which gave me incredibly radiant skin (and none of which irritated my skin!!) - and now I'm scrambling to find something mild enough to allay the redness. Super disappointed.

I will keep it and use it for a foot scrub, but I really can't recommend when there are more gentle and effective products, that are also much less messy to use. Boo.

on 8/3/2013 3:32:00 AM

i feel comfortable after using it but a day later it makes me break out so bad.I try many times and the results r the same .I don't like Skinfood ,i use their loose power , Bb Cream , not flawless and smell so bad.I never buy Skinfood again .I find out Yves Rocher have sth better and still natural

on 4/30/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

the package, like any other Skinfood products, is uber cute.like a jar of jam, or frozen yogurt.

i've read all the hype about how good this mask is. about it hydrates, etcetera. so i gave it a try.
not like it at all. i find this too abrasive, harsh, and i feel like im using sandpaper on my face.i notice this stingy scent, and it leaves my skin reddish, irritated and it hurts. i don't even massage it onto my skin but it's terrible.

i use it for my feet, elbows& knees; and this mask works nicely there. will repurchase it? no. i'd stick to my homemade oat-coffee grains-milk-and honey for my feet.

on 6/26/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have the strawberry version of this scrub, and oh my god does it smell amazing! Like real, fresh strawberry jam. Unfortunately it broke me out, badly :( I think it's the shea butter in it. Also, despite applying it to wet skin I did find the sugar a bit too abrasive for me.

The smell is awful...dislike it...n it's too rough to scrub on my skin even added water...will never buy again...

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This product was too harsh on my skin. The sugar crystals were too large, so it made my skin sore - no matter how light I scrubbed my face.

on 11/24/2013 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My skin feel soft after use it but looks thin. Some hours later my face was break out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used this when I was staying at my best friends house in Korea...she had a tub in her bathroom hehe. Personally I found it too harsh and didn't really notice that my skin looked any more radiant or revived like it usually does when I use scrubs. The scent was pretty nice though. I wouldn't buy this myself.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have no complains about this mask. It acts as a good scrub and clears the pores. I don’t rub it on my fAce too hard as the granules are reAlly tough. However I’m just not wow-Ed by it. I’m not too sure if it’s the smell or the texture or the general product doesn’t seem that complicated to me. I wouldn’t repurchase

on 11/23/2018 7:35:00 AM

I must be the only one who isn't blown away by this product. I had wanted to try it for so long, but didn't want to order online, most of the Skinfood shops near me have closed down and their Facebook page didn't respond to my question about which outlets sell it. Some pharmacies here carry a very small range.
I was so surprised to go to a different shopping centre and accidentally spot a Skinfood store! Without hesitation I bought this scrub and mask in one. Prior to this I made my own with brown sugar, honey and a tiny bit of olive oil, or brown sugar and yoghurt- depending on what I had at home at the time.
I couldn't wait to get home and try it but found it quite underwhelming. Firstly the fake smell is horrible. It smells like a cheap toilet air freshener, a mix between lemon and lavender. It's horrible. Not at all what I expected.
Minus the smell It works well as a scrub, and ok as a mask but no better than my own home made scrubs and masks do, and they don't smell anywhere near as bad!
On the plus side you only need a tiny bit of product so it should last forever, but for the 35RM this little tub cost me I could have made a couple of kilos of my own recipe!
Definitely won't be repurchasing as I hate the air freshener smell it has.