Skinfood Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 9/3/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a mask. The directions say to apply it to a wet face AND mix the product with either water or toner before massaging into your skin and washing it off AFTER 10~15 minutes. :)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am totally impressed with this product! The size of the sugar granules are perfect for me. It's a true scrub which exfoliates beautifully; my skin is almost bulletproof and can handle a lot of pinching, harsh alcohol toners, you name it; but I think that some people with sensitive skin might consider it a bit harsh. I wet my face in the shower, massage on about a nickel-sized amount in circular motions until the sugar granules dissolve, leave it on for about 3 minutes while I wash my hair, then rinse off the mask. It leaves behind a silky smooth feeling and a thin film of humectants (doesn't feel like residue) which keeps skin moisturised. The scent is great as well! It doesn't smell like molasses/brown sugar, but is a nice lemony fresh scent - kind of like dishwashing liquid, but milder and more mellow. This mask has become my HG exfoliator, and my skin has become much more even and smooth after using this 2 - 3 times a week for a month.

Cons: The consistency of the product is very thick. You'll need to wet your face before applying the mask. No biggie though, as I use this in the shower anyway. One lippie deducted for packaging because I wish it was a simple airtight cap instead of a screw cap. And I wish it came with some sort of spatula for digging out the product, instead of having to use fingers (or finding your own spatula).

This product is definitely worth the money!

on 1/1/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Myyy preciousssss!! I've been trying to find masks by other brands that are fresh with the Lush kinda vibe. The grains are not too rough and the entire formula is basically the right texture of slushiness. It spreads very well and my face feels soft when you wash it off. Not to mention, the smell is not overpowering and honestly kind of yummy. I've been using this more-or-less everyday for a week and it has a major effect on all the acne that usually sprouts. By incorporating this product to your morning routine, it's such a refreshing way to awaken you.

on 3/28/2011 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is a scrub made of sugar and some oils. It comes in a tub and is brownish-black. The particles are not so fine, but not too abrasive either. I'd say the granules give a satisfying scrub. The smell reminds me of Coca-cola, but sweeter. I feel this scrub definitely removes dead skin cells on the upper layers of my skin. My skin is noticeably smoother to the touch after use. However, I find that this product does not really deep clean into the pores, and that is what I like my masks/scrubs to do. If you are concerned only of smoothing the dermis, I would certainly recommend this product given its abilities, and it is fun to use. I wouldn't recommend this to gals who crave for some serious de-clogging of pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This mask is wonderful for morning use. I know most mask instruct to use at night but i feel that this helps set my makeup for some reason. Also, I notice Skinfood doesn't post ingredients(in English) but the smell of it smells EXACTLY like this brand of lemon black soap that's sold and exported from Africa. I loved that soap but my Aunt bought it for me years ago and i forgot the name of it. If they're incorporating black soap in this product that would explain the good results from the mask.

UPDATE: It's like "Getrade Village Fresh Black Soap" from Ghana. that's the soap i was thinking of

on 2/13/2010 9:24:00 PM

Wow! I was totally surprised with this product! I bought it on a whim because I heard it was popular here in korea. I sort of figured it for a gimicky product, but I used it last night after cleansing and my skin was glowing, soft and radiant. I don't leave it on like a mask, but use it on my wet face as a scrub to exfoliate.

Down sides: a little expensive (7,000 won for a small jar), and I don't like the packaging at all. It's a small plastic jar that you dip your fingers into and scoop out the product. Because it's sugar, it begins to disolve with water, and if your hands are wet then it causes the product to start to disolve. I'd much rather have a squeeze tube, but then again, the scrub is so thick that might not work very well.

on 10/20/2009 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The Black Sugar Mask was the first item that I purchased from Skin Food and it remains on heavy rotation to this day. It comes packaged in a small screw top tub and contains 100g worth of product. Skin Food describe the Black Sugar Mask as being rich in minerals & vitamins to provide luster and smoothness to skin. The scrub is brown in color and is jam packed with sugar granules suspended in a slightly oily base. The product is strongly scented but I have never been able to put my finger on the specific scent, it smells slightly citrusy. The directions state that after cleansing, gently massage over wet face. Avoid eye area. Rinse off. As the scrub is sugar based I like to ensure that my face is only slightly damp and I apply the product with dry hands to avoid the sugar dissolving immediately. However, I do mix the scrub with a tiny bit on water before applying to avoid it being too harsh on my skin. The first time I used this product I was worried about breakouts as it leaves behind a slightly oily feeling once the sugar granules have dissolved. However, the scrub rinses completely clean with absolutely no oily residue left behind. Leaves skin soft and smooth.

on 12/29/2016 5:46:00 AM

I love this mask/scrub. I just wish I could use this every day lol just kidding. Every time I use this mask my face just glows. I just need to be careful in applying it as it could be harsh, I make sure my face is wet and I also put additional water on my hands along with the scrub. I usually scrub it to my face until it melts.

When I use this, my skincare seems to work much better especially my sheetmask. Also, when I use this scrub right after using a nose strip, whiteheads/blackheads come back much latter.

And it'll take forever to finish the tub. I've been using it for 2 months now for once sometimes twice a week but I think I've only use about 1/5 of the tub.

This could be an average scrub/mask to some but this is my HG. For the price and for how it effectively work, it's worthy.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The scent is nice, the sugar granules dissolve quickly when massaged in with water so the exfoliation isn't too harsh, and the oils prevent your face from drying out. That said, it's a little overrated. It's very average, doesn't do much to brighten or improve texture in a long-term way. I'm not a fan of the packaging either -- wish it came with a spatula or something because scooping it out with your fingers doesn't feel hygienic, plus the lid doesn't feel secure. I'll finish the tub but I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/20/2015 11:01:00 AM

I like this mask
This mask smell so nice just like a sugar . I lovee how it smell . At first when I tried to applied it on my face I thought I must apply it on dry skin . Then I applied it on my dry skin , then nothing happened and I didnt feel it was do a great change on my face . The second times when I applied it , i applied it on damp face , and What Happens ? IT MAKES MY FACE SO DAMN SMOOTH and brightens my skin tone . I recommend this for those who had rough skin and a lot of whitehead or blackhead

I will definitely repurchase this again .