SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

1.0

1 review

on 3/6/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I expected great things from this product, but it not only did not deliver but also put my face in a tail spin. This was incredibly harsh - the sugar granules didn't melt down and the scent was very chemical. I've used milder chemical peels, like The Cure, without incident, but now two days after using this my face is still red, breaking out (extremely unusual for me!) and very sensitive. The worst part is that it's sensitized my face to the point where everything is irritating to it. I follow the Korean method of double cleansing, toner, essence, ampoule and cream, all of which gave me incredibly radiant skin (and none of which irritated my skin!!) - and now I'm scrambling to find something mild enough to allay the redness. Super disappointed.

I will keep it and use it for a foot scrub, but I really can't recommend when there are more gentle and effective products, that are also much less messy to use. Boo.