SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD Wash-Off Black Sugar Mask
Wash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar MaskWash-Off Black Sugar Mask

4.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of the first items I got when I into the 10 Step Routine (Check out Charlotte Cho's book for a really easy way to learn more), specifically I think I saw it used on Youtube but I can't remember the channel. I liked how this felt on my skin and I would follow it after double cleansing. I'd get my skin a little damp and then wait 15 minutes. It doesn't dry or anything like a typical mask and it feels super luxurious. Do not use it in the shower, water makes it melt off and I remember it running into my eyes and being a big pain.
So, depending on how you choose to exfoliate (chemical v. physical) this is a great way to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone, pigmentation and overall brightening the texture and tone of your skin! FYI, I got mine on Amazon.

on 12/29/2016 5:46:00 AM

I love this mask/scrub. I just wish I could use this every day lol just kidding. Every time I use this mask my face just glows. I just need to be careful in applying it as it could be harsh, I make sure my face is wet and I also put additional water on my hands along with the scrub. I usually scrub it to my face until it melts.

When I use this, my skincare seems to work much better especially my sheetmask. Also, when I use this scrub right after using a nose strip, whiteheads/blackheads come back much latter.

And it'll take forever to finish the tub. I've been using it for 2 months now for once sometimes twice a week but I think I've only use about 1/5 of the tub.

This could be an average scrub/mask to some but this is my HG. For the price and for how it effectively work, it's worthy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the supposedly premium version with Honey added in korea. Smells really of honey and putting honey on your face.

It can be kinda oily and rough as the grains are quite coarse and for the honey version, it much more gloopy than the normal one. What I liked about it is that my skin indeed feels more smoother after I washed it off and many Korean swear by this cheap and good product. Its I think lesser than 10000 won in Korean, the Honey one is slightly more expensive than the normal version. If I am not wrong should be 8800 won in korea and 7900 for the normal version. Not sure did prices go up though as I went there 2 years ago.

Like what others mentioned as it is in a tub form so it can be quite unhygienic and I am using other spatulas to reach out to the product. So I rated fair for the packaging as well.

Just need to wash your face clean and put the mask on for 10-15 mins and wash it off. I'm not really sure if its my HG, I think I can live without this product and there are so many mask in the market hence I probably won't be repurchasing it as well.

on 9/2/2015 3:23:00 AM

I have no issue with the smell, it actually smells like lemon to me. I like that the sugar granules are big and dissolvable. I usually leave it on my skin for 15 mins and while waiting, I like to rub the sugar granules for an exfoliation. Before I cleanse it off entirely, I splash a handful of water on my face and continue working on the exfoliation till the sugar granules dissolve entirely, then I cleanse it thoroughly to remove the remnants.

If you use too much water on the mask, the sugar granules dissolve very quickly. So the tip is to use the water sparingly if you plan to make use of the sugar granules for exfoliation.

I remove 1 lippie off, because of the packaging. Would prefer it in a tube than a tub.

The smell is awful...dislike it...n it's too rough to scrub on my skin even added water...will never buy again...

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The scent is nice, the sugar granules dissolve quickly when massaged in with water so the exfoliation isn't too harsh, and the oils prevent your face from drying out. That said, it's a little overrated. It's very average, doesn't do much to brighten or improve texture in a long-term way. I'm not a fan of the packaging either -- wish it came with a spatula or something because scooping it out with your fingers doesn't feel hygienic, plus the lid doesn't feel secure. I'll finish the tub but I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/10/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Overall, I think this is a very good mask. The most noticeable difference it makes is that it immediately leaves me with super soft and smooth skin. While the sugar granules could be considered harsh, I find it isn't a problem for my sensitive skin as long as I use light pressure while rinsing off. I also appreciate that my skin doesn't feel stripped or dry after this exfoliation, but rather hydrated. While I really like this mask, I tend to find myself reaching for clarifying masks more often. This mask would be excellent for someone who wants to improve texture or dry skin.

Love this. Crystals are big and melt into your skin. Feels good and really exfoliates.
I use it as a scrub and when I have more time as a mask.
This is great, skin is so soft but not raw after.

My favourite scrub hands down. I have never found a face scrub which did not leave my skin feeling so stripped of moisture until I found this. I was walking by and the SA recommended this to me. She said this was the best seller and YES I TOTALY AGREE. First off, the smell is great. The granules melt/dissolve during the scrub and after rinsing off my face has never felt cleaner and smoother. You know how face scrubs tend to leave your skin feeling stripped/SUPER DRY? Well, this doesn't! They have another one in RICE for whitening purposes and I am going to try that soon. For now, I'm sticking to this and loving it.... !!
Skinfood products has been great so far, their cosmetics and skincare... If its readily available in your country I highly recommend it.

I decide to give this one tried and I loved it.It makes my skin clearer and feeling softer.But looks like its just working right after applied.The next morning my combo skin looks like oily and I didnt notice it clearer my pores frm blackhead.