Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

Skinfood  Black Sugar Mask

4.1

on 7/20/2016 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Would definitely recommend this to everyone as it exfoliates gently and leave no oily residue or anything! Leaves skin superb smooth

on 7/9/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great product for when my skin needs a good scrub once a week. First I give my face a lymfedrainage with coconut oil. I double cleanse so after that I use a tiny bit of Skinfood White Pore Foam. And then... it's time to scrub. Wet my face, massage gently and after that I keep it on my face for a few minutes and rinse of and voilĂ  baby soft skin. It's a bit harsh so I use the Strawberry version daily which I find very soft for the skin. Smells like a field of strawberry's. Because it's so soft I use it almost everyday after the double cleanse. It doesn't strip my skin and I have really dry skin.

To Read all 95 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/26/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the strawberry version of this scrub, and oh my god does it smell amazing! Like real, fresh strawberry jam. Unfortunately it broke me out, badly :( I think it's the shea butter in it. Also, despite applying it to wet skin I did find the sugar a bit too abrasive for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the supposedly premium version with Honey added in korea. Smells really of honey and putting honey on your face.

It can be kinda oily and rough as the grains are quite coarse and for the honey version, it much more gloopy than the normal one. What I liked about it is that my skin indeed feels more smoother after I washed it off and many Korean swear by this cheap and good product. Its I think lesser than 10000 won in Korean, the Honey one is slightly more expensive than the normal version. If I am not wrong should be 8800 won in korea and 7900 for the normal version. Not sure did prices go up though as I went there 2 years ago.

Like what others mentioned as it is in a tub form so it can be quite unhygienic and I am using other spatulas to reach out to the product. So I rated fair for the packaging as well.

Just need to wash your face clean and put the mask on for 10-15 mins and wash it off. I'm not really sure if its my HG, I think I can live without this product and there are so many mask in the market hence I probably won't be repurchasing it as well.

It makes my skin so soft after use. Highly recommend !!!

on 1/29/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. I've tried a bunch of different exfoliators before and the results on my skin weren't so great. Ever since then I stayed away from exfoliators. However, after hearing ravings from this product, i gave it a try and i swear, it CHANGED my skin. I have oily, acne prone skin and I find this helps clear my face and leaves my skin feeling baby smooth after use. I've also realised it makes my face a lot brighter :) my skin loves this and also, the smell doesn't bother me at all (smells like lemon + Coke to me). Would give a 5/5 if it comes with spatula. Definitely will repurchase :)

on 11/21/2015 7:42:00 AM

It's so amazing! It may feel a little bit harsh on your skin and it kinda hurts if you dont add water to it, but even so, it works really well. My skin feels suuuuuuper smooth like a baby's butt after using it! It exfoliates really well, my skin gets brighter and cleaner after using it, and the rest of my skincare product seeps into my skin better. A little goes a long way too, as you only need a little to exfoliate your face.

I would give it a 5 if it includes a spatula, but all in all, I'd recommend this to anybody & I'll definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely love this mask line; I've tried the Black Sugar, Strawberry, Rice and Banana Yoghurt and I've liked all of them. The Rice and Banana Yoghurt are very mild and work refreshing whilst the other 2 really help clearing my acne.

Currently I'm using either the Black Sugar or Strawberry once a week and twice a week if my skin condition is really bad. I usually wash my face first, leave it wet and put on the scrub. I usually leave it on my skin for about 15 minutes and wash it of with lukewarm water. When I have a lot of acne I will reduce the amount of water to make the scrub a bit harsher but even then it doesn't irritate my skin.

I would prefer it if the packaging came with a spatula to make it more hygienic. But it does last a very long time, I bough mine about half a year ago and am about half way whilst both me and my mother use it.

on 9/25/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
When I first heard about this I was a little hesitant whether it would really live up to what it says it does. And it really does. My skin looks so much better after using it, it feels nicer, brighter, clearer and it gives my skin moisture. My skin is very sensitive so I was worried the sugar grains would be a bit too much for me but when using it with a lot of water it was completely fine. I love love love this product and I would definitely buy it again!

on 9/2/2015 3:23:00 AM

I have no issue with the smell, it actually smells like lemon to me. I like that the sugar granules are big and dissolvable. I usually leave it on my skin for 15 mins and while waiting, I like to rub the sugar granules for an exfoliation. Before I cleanse it off entirely, I splash a handful of water on my face and continue working on the exfoliation till the sugar granules dissolve entirely, then I cleanse it thoroughly to remove the remnants.

If you use too much water on the mask, the sugar granules dissolve very quickly. So the tip is to use the water sparingly if you plan to make use of the sugar granules for exfoliation.

I remove 1 lippie off, because of the packaging. Would prefer it in a tube than a tub.