3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Just like their gorgeously-scented 'Rose cream' I found the Balancing Day Care Cream to be a decent hydrator although it doesn't have any secondary benefits such as pore control, brightening, skin smoothing etc. The cream itself initially comes across as 'heavy' but then vanishes into my skin quite quickly with only a touch of residue left behind but definitely not greasy per se. Ingredients are pretty similar to a long-time favorite of mine (Herbfarmacy Just Face Cream) i.e Rosehip oil, Evening Primrose oil, Calendula etc. The biggest difference being price and texture, as Herbfarmacy leaves a much more dewy finish than Jurlique. It has a very herbal, peppery smell to it that is unique from all the many lotions and creams I've smelt before. With regards to hydration I get plenty from this for my oily-dehydrated skin type, without any clogging or acne. I use just less than a dime size amount for my face and neck. Not cheap by any means but lots of good ingredients in here which would make me likely purchase this again. Got this in a cute/handy 1.4 oz tube online for just over $42. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

I really liked this product, it made my skin feel soft and supple. I have combination skin, and I like that it moisturized my checks and forehead but didn't cause any acne around my chin and jaw line. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

As someone already mentioned before - expensive, but worth it. I've tried so many moisturizers before (expensive and cheap ones), but I always go back to Balancing day cream. While Herbal Night Recovery was disaster, this one is a gem!

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I found this product gentle and not too heavy. It doesn't sit on my skin like other heavy creams like Weleda or embryolisse. I like the rose scent and I prefer to use it as a night cream as it protects my face overnight and I awake with a dewy and morning glow. I would recommend this to women in the 20s - 30s in trying to maintain and prevent wrinkles or dryness. It's a good facial moisturiser... That's it :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

7 years ago

This day cream is not moisturizing enough for me. My face still feels dry after applying this in the morning or night. Also it feels sticky after you put it on. It just doesn't give me the hydration I need. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

8 years ago

My skin tends to be on the drier side, my T-zone is oily in the spring and summer only. I first tried this cream at the end of fall beginning of winter and it was a huge disappointment. It did not provide the moisture I needed. But, I wasn't ready to throw away the tube. So, I tried it again at the end of March. This time, as my skin was starting to adjust to warmer weather (Los Angeles, Ca) it was worked beautifully for me. I am also using the Herbal Recovery Gel and my skin looks refreshed and feels properly moisturized. I still have an oily T-zone that I blot a few times a day. The application is key I think, I had never "patted" my face with product, usually just rubbed it in. I will probably try something different towards the end of the year, but for now, this is a great product.

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

8 years ago

Absolutely amazing!!!! I have been a faithful Yonka user since I moved form the east coast to the dry climate of Colorado. I started to break out for the first time after the move. An esthetician taught me the importance of using a cream that actually penetrated the skin to moisturize. I was actually breaking out from my skin being too dry, even though I was wearing moisturizer daily. She put be on Yonka Cream 93 and it cleared my skin up immediately. Recently, I wanted to find a cream that had no parabens. I finally found Jurlique! I was worried that this cream would be too thick and not penetrate My skin drinks this up and it feels perfectly moisturized! The fragrance is strong. It is very earthy-floral. Natural smelling, but strong.

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

1.0

8 years ago

Reminds me of Weleda Skin Food's consistency - a mixture of oily and sticky - however, this one remains feeling sticky and filmy on my skin. I tried layering some different face oils underneath, which did help the product to penetrate better, but I still experienced skin bumpiness (not exactly breakouts...more like my overall skin texture felt rough to the touch) after a few days. My skin is not particularly sensitive and I like organic lines, but I don't care for Jurlique face care products in general.

About reviewer (1072 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

8 years ago

Very thick on my oily combination skin, made me look extremely shiny, didn't absorb like I hoped it would. I also broke out around the jaw line using this... never, ever again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

2.0

8 years ago

I thought that this cream would be good for my combination skin. At first I thought it was a good cream, I liked the cream texture and although it was thick, it absorbed nicely. However, after about a week of use, I noticed flaking on my forehead. I was using this combined with the Jurlique herbal recovery gel so I stopped using the gel to see if the moisturizer was the issue. After a few days I still noticed the flaking. I also broke out when I started using this with the gel (so I'm not quite sure which of the two caused the breakout). Also, I brought the tube with me on a trip and somehow something must have squeezed it slightly because it overflowed from the cap, which was kind of annoying and a waste of product.

SkinCombination, Olive