wet n wild i-Sparkle Liquid Liner - Midnight Magic

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/16/2009 4:42:00 PM

I don't want to be the one to change the buy again rating from 50% to even lower... but I would not buy this again.

I agree with the other reviewers about the brush - it is like a non absorbent felt tip, so if you draw a line, there will be a gap in the middle where the brush was. Definitely use your own liner brush with this!

The formula itself is very watery, so if you sweep it onto your eye you do not get a pigmented line. If you go over it twice, you will achieve the color you need. Unsurprisingly, this removes easily with water and makeup remover/cleanser.

I bought this because I was on the lookout for a dark blue liner, and this fit the bill. I figured for the price it was worth a try.For just a few dollars more you can get a better product (e.g. Bourjois Clubbing Liner).

I will definitely use this liner whenever I want a shimmery dark blue - until I get the urge to find a better product- but it is nowhere close to HG material.

on 5/20/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is actually called "I-Sparkle" liquid eyeliner, not I-Shimmer. It's a gorgeous navy blue color with shimmer. It has a felt tip like the H2O Proof liquid eyeliners, but the formula is like the Megaliner liquid eyeliners. It's richly pigmented, smooth, and lasts all day long even without a base. It looks amazing on dark brown eyes, and I think it would look just as good with blue eyes as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is an LE product from the new collection WnW has out that has the new quads with the flower design. I've been wanting to experiment with a dark shimmery blue eyeliner for a while so grabbed this up. It was $3.49.

I'm a big fan of the regular I-shimmer liners...sadly there's like...2 in the permanent collection, but they are very good and only like 2 bucks. The I-Shimmer liquid liner... well let's just say I would have much preferred this shade in the regular pencil I-Shimmer liners.

The color is actually very pretty. It is a deep metallic blue with shimmer. When it dries, it maintains its vibrancy and it definitely shows up as blue...not so dark that it looks black.

My main beef with this product is the applicator. I know I've tried Rimmel Underground liquid liner and it too has a brush like this and I am not a fan. I don't know how to describe it properly..it is like a thicker brush that has been molded into a hard point. The applicator then proceeds to pick up a lot of product, the the finer point just doesn't deliver when there is so much more product on the sides of the applicator. It almost creates a trench of eyeliner as it applies....leaving a barely there amount where the point touches and too much where the thicker parts of the brush touch. And if I wipe off the excess and attempt to apply with the tip only...I barely get any color and a scratchy looking line.

The formula is a little flakey as well. But I bet if I could get a nice solid line with a better applicator, it would look a lot better. Will attempt to salvage this buy using another eyeliner brush or something with it. continued >>