The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Green
The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/26/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First impression: though it does have that silicone-y feel I am pretty pleased with the product's performance. Although I have used only once it did leave a good impression on me. I have oily skin but am using benzoyl peroxide here and there in order to have a blemish free face. First I applied my new moistruizer (Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin) which I left to sink into my skin. Then I applied this serum sparingly (<1 pump), and on top of it my new foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). This foundation doesn't control shine at all and I start to shine after two hours of wear time. By the end of the day my skin looks horrible, like an oil slick. But, combining with these two products, although I have had a sheen, the oil control was way better with these two products than with a random moistruizer and random primer. I am really happy that it did control oil so well and that my foundation lasted longer (worn it for 10 hr!!) which encouraged me to continue to start using it on everyday basis. I recommend it for everyone who has oily or combination skin who wears foundations "for all skin types" - that don't have (any) oil control. I took one lippie off because of that silicone feel since I am not fond of it. Comparing the silicone-y feel of this serum to Benefit's Porefacional has a more moistuizing sensation and iscnot as dry as that primer. Oh, and my foundation did glide nicer! So to sum the positives: makes you foundation go on nicer, prolongs the wear time, oil control is very good, has skin benefits according to The Body Shop.

on 11/19/2009 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had to take this back to the shop as it really hurt my face. Tried several times, as I actually like the smell and feel, however, unfortunately no improvement.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This serum smells yummy like oranges, it has a clear gel texture and it left my skin satin soft with a radiant glow. I use it be fore I moisturize. A also use a special Japanese technique applying it.

on 9/22/2004 6:45:00 PM

I just bought this the other day and so far I love it. The product has a lovely slipperiness and makes my skin instantly smooth and soft. Best of all, I used it on my throat, with some of their Soy-based cream on top, and found that it helped the appearance of the loosening skin there. I'm using the serum in combination with their new Vitamin C capsules. Capsule at night, serum in the morning.

Sorry to hear that some skins flare up when this is used, but that also suggests that this is a real treatment product with real benefits for those who can tolerate it. Postcript July 27, 2005: I use some other serums too but still love this one. I find it's especially good under makeup because of its matte silicone-y texture. No need, imho, to use a moisturizer on top of it.

Cute packaging, good sized, smells good, but doesnt' do anything (but maybe make face smooth momentarily) and it makes you break out. Expensive too.

on 1/20/2004 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this to try something different - usually used Origin's A Perfect World serum. Discovered that I like this better than A Perfect World, but it's pretty pricey for the amount you get. I like the scent, and I have pretty sensitive skin, but it hasn't bothered me. Have finally decided that I will not purchase this again - just doesn't seem to do anything.

on 8/21/2003 2:38:00 AM

I've been trying to find the ideal vitamim c product - and until I find it, this one works pretty well. It goes on very smooth and gives me an instant all over glow. It helps to even out my skin tone and I notice that my skin seems brighter all day when I use this in the morning. It doesn't clog my pores, and in fact seems to help when used in combination with other potentially pore-clogging products (like my old stand-by Kinerase lotion). I'm not sure this really helps with wrinkles, but for glow it's pretty good.

on 4/18/2003 11:40:00 PM

This made my face break out into red itchy hives almost instantly. I love C serum, but NOT this one... It does smell divine though.