The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

2.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/26/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First impression: though it does have that silicone-y feel I am pretty pleased with the product's performance. Although I have used only once it did leave a good impression on me. I have oily skin but am using benzoyl peroxide here and there in order to have a blemish free face. First I applied my new moistruizer (Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin) which I left to sink into my skin. Then I applied this serum sparingly (<1 pump), and on top of it my new foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). This foundation doesn't control shine at all and I start to shine after two hours of wear time. By the end of the day my skin looks horrible, like an oil slick. But, combining with these two products, although I have had a sheen, the oil control was way better with these two products than with a random moistruizer and random primer. I am really happy that it did control oil so well and that my foundation lasted longer (worn it for 10 hr!!) which encouraged me to continue to start using it on everyday basis. I recommend it for everyone who has oily or combination skin who wears foundations "for all skin types" - that don't have (any) oil control. I took one lippie off because of that silicone feel since I am not fond of it. Comparing the silicone-y feel of this serum to Benefit's Porefacional has a more moistuizing sensation and iscnot as dry as that primer. Oh, and my foundation did glide nicer! So to sum the positives: makes you foundation go on nicer, prolongs the wear time, oil control is very good, has skin benefits according to The Body Shop.

on 11/17/2013 5:24:00 AM

Supercharged with silicones, that is what this product is. Gives a smooth surface but the use of silicones in skincare is at best dubious. Some people with sensitive skin prefer them in some expensive products because silicones form a barrier between the skin and outside conditions. However, some others find that silicones aggravate their skin troubles, clog their pores, break them out and whatnot. I am in this second group and do not want to be given silicones when I want something relatively nourishing. In either case, Vitamin C is difficult to work with -it is difficult to keep it stabile etc.

My mother lives in a village in the Mediterranean, regularly drinks fresh orange juice and despite her 67 years behind her, she has this tremendous glow on her face, especially under her eyes so much so that I told her that she overdid her frosty highlighter:)) Maybe, ı should not be lazy and try to consume oranges instead of chemical stuff from TBS.

I'm giving this an extra point simply because it would work as a primer.

on 4/14/2012 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This pretty much did nothing for my skin, and I found the smell too strong.

ok so here I am at 49, with t-zone issues, and this stuff has created 3 lovely HUGE whiteheads on my face, one on the chin and 2 by my nose.....haven't had a zit in 20 years...used it for a week and I feel like a mid-life freak.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recommended this to a smoker friend because I know that their skins need more antioxident ingredients; mostly vitamin C and/or green tea.

She's applying it every morning before the moisturiser to combat free radicals and has told me that it's worked as her skin is more hydrated and less dull.

So, this is a very nice product for people who need to take care of their skin as they're active/passive smokers.

I'm road testing this as a cheaper replacement for Idealist at the moment. The texture of my skin and effect seem similar so far. I'm a little concerned about the orangey smell - I don't always do well with perfumed products.. I'll let you know how I get on!
**********************Update: I'm still using this daily and getting along fine. I prefer Smashbox Photo finish for some reason but I've ditched the Idealist and not repurchased when it ran out. I'm using up all my primer type products at the moment as I have too many open at one time. The crucial test will be which one I choose to repurchase!! (Will keep you updated!)

!*************************UPDATE 03/03/04 I'm sticking to Photo Finish I think. :(

on 8/8/2003 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Felt like someone was pricking me with tiny little needles when I used this. Doesn't seem to absorb very well either. My face itched. I think I'm allergic to it.

on 1/7/2003 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Dried my already dry face. Made it super red and irritated. Will not buy again.