The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

Filtered by age: 25-29
The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/26/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So I bought this on sale, expected way too much and ended up hating it instead.
I wake up wash my face and apply this, as I thought Vitamin C and fresh scents are best if used in day time for that extra boost that wakes you up along with ur skin. And I felt it was like any other primer/serums makeup related product. It felt nth and did absolutely nothing for me. It smells like a dollar store cheap product and is such a waste of money!
I ended up using this as a face primer before I apply my make up. The pump doesn't even works well, you have to keep pumping for one teeny tiny drop! Very disappointed!

on 2/19/2012 10:23:00 PM

This is the worst product I've ever used. It went on smoothly and gave me a nice glow. But I woke up the next morning with cystic acne- which I never get! I had a scar on my face for the longest time. Turns out this stuff I full of silicone and other things that clog your pores.

on 1/27/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a review for the Body Shop's vitamin skin boost. This retails at around 12, which is a little pricey, but when on offer, can work out at a reasonable price. This product has great reviews, so I tried it hoping it would live up to it's hype.
My mum commented on how tired I was looking, where my sister (who uses this) recommended me to try this. As always, I went on the internet and read the raves about this product. I mixed this product with vitamin e oil - and my skin was transformed, whereby it looked so much healthier! My mum, who is really skeptical of these type of products, was telling me to purchase it! However, the lovely glow that I had was only temporary.
The serum has a lovely velvety texture to it, and it would make a great base for foundation. It also gives your skin a lovely glow, though only temporary.
Before the small bottle finished, I would apply it at night mixed in with vitamin e oil, as is recommended on the bottle (it states vitamin c works better in conjunction with vitamin e).
Conclusion: I don't think it did anything major for my skin in the long term, as my skin texture and tone was still the same from before I started using it, but because of the short term glow it provided when mixed with vit e oil, I would repurchase.

on 8/20/2009 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm still on the fence with this product. I know several reviewers have complained about the smell, but I don't find it bad and it disappears quickly. As for the silicone base, it is VERY hard to find a vitamin C serum without some kind of silicone in it. I have oily skin that is very prone to breakouts and I have had no problem using this product. My makeup goes on very nicely after I use it in the morning. As for the brightening effects, I think I will have to use it a while longer to really make a decision. I would recommend trying this product because it is really well priced for the type of product it is. If it doesn't work then you haven't lost much.

Update: I've been using this for about 8 weeks now and I haven't seen any real changes. Nothing good, but nothing bad either. No breakouts from the silicone, but I can't say that my skin looks a ton brighter.

I really like this stuff. It feels like a make-up primer ( i think because its made from the same stuff- silicone). It instantly smooths my skin and I have noticed an improvement in my skin tone with continued use. Hasn't clogged my pores or caused break-outs

on 10/27/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS MORE OF A QUESTION RATHER THAN A COMMENT ON THIS PRODUCT AS I HAVENT USED IT YET!
Iv noticed how everyone has gone on about the silicone in this product, which is what is in most face primers. Do you think this is worth purchasing as a face primer? I didnt like mac primer at all. I know this serum is more designed for skin treatment, but if its good as a primer, it worth the money as its not too expensive.

on 6/16/2004 2:00:00 PM

It has a fresh citrusy scent, smooth texture and is easy to apply BUT it just sat there on my face like a layer of oil on water. Did absolutely nothing for my skin. What a waste of money.

Cute packaging, good sized, smells good, but doesnt' do anything (but maybe make face smooth momentarily) and it makes you break out. Expensive too.

on 1/20/2004 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this to try something different - usually used Origin's A Perfect World serum. Discovered that I like this better than A Perfect World, but it's pretty pricey for the amount you get. I like the scent, and I have pretty sensitive skin, but it hasn't bothered me. Have finally decided that I will not purchase this again - just doesn't seem to do anything.

on 1/17/2003 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product works great for me. i have oily skin and have been advised by my beatician not to use creams. This serum comes handy with its own pump and dispenses just the right amount- great for carrying in handbag. The orange-y smell is a bit strong but quickly disappears, just like the serum which is easily absorbed and makes your skin noticably softer IMMEDIATELY! try it