3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Truly a luxury. What I find most satisfying about these cotton pads are the size. They're bigger than shiseido's cotton pads, and thus I only need one pad for my face, eyes, and whatever else. I typically use one pad 3 x a day, 1 time in the morning for toner (1 side), 2nd time in the evening for toner again (the other side), and if it has still held up (it usually does), I can use it to remove make up or nail polish, that's how strong these pads are. Yet, they stay extremely soft. These cotton pads are very luxurious. Even though I can certainly afford to buy these all the time, I may choose not to, simply because there is Shiseido's cotton pads already...

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 years ago

The BEST. I've tried all sorts of cotton from the top luxury brands, and I have come back to Clé de Peau for good. I use them twice a day, making a box of 200 last 2 months. For $20 at $10 a month, it's really a bargain. Why spend so much money on expensive skincare only to use abrasive cotton to apply your toner? I'm never going back.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

5 years ago

At first you would think that there are really similar to the Shiseido. Then you read the back and see that it says that it is produced by Shiseido on the back. That means you are paying $11 more and you get less product than the Shiseido!? Not cool Cle de Peau. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (886 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

8 years ago

I got a sample of these when I bought something else at CDP and I am very happy to say that I'm not thrilled about them. I find them almost abrasive. Surprising, really, because it would be just my luck to get hooked on $60 cotton pads.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I received a generous sample box of Cle de Peau's Le Coton after purchasing a few Cle de Peau products. I have since purchased the full sized box. Each cotton pad is of above average size and has a the Cle de Peau insignia on it. They are incredibly soft and shred substantially less than all other brands of cotton pads. Le Coton was also semi-recently updated to have more silk, making them softer than the previous version. What I like most about them is if it does shred a little it does not leave cotton all over your face. Multiple other brands came completely apart and then left me picking little balls of cotton off of my face for the next five minutes. Cle de Peau's Le Coton stays contained even as it begins to fall apart after a few swipes. I have never had to use more than one pad to cover my whole face with toner.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

10 years ago

I have used Shiseido cotton pads since 2004, and when they started leaving fuzz behind recently (they must have changed the quality control), I went looking for something better. I do like these Cle de Peau ones, I do. They are very silky, very soft, and distribute product well. But they are also, as lolalunches points out, probably 30% larger than a Shiseido pad. For some women, this may be a big bonus, but I only use these things for toner/lotion, so this is kind of unnecessary waste to me. So although I do like them, and would buy them again, I probably won't because it's not worth paying 2x Shiseido prices for a benefit (larger) I don't need, and it's only incrementally softer. (And most importantly to me, still leaves some fuzz.)

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

This came w/a GWP thru NM. I bought full size after agonizing a great while. It doesn't cost THAT much. But it is considerably more than your average cotton pad from Target. It's the. Stay the heck away from these if you don't want to get hooked. Don't even touch them with your finger. Don't even look at them. Every stinkin' one has the CDP emboss on it. Comes in a box you can keep out and still looks fine. I don't like my cotton pads from Target anymore. Boo.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

10 years ago

The reason I bought this was because of a la creme free sample offer from a retailer that requires the purchase of at least one product. It's a decent cotton pad, but fancy package and the silk content is really secondary to the fact that it shreds by the 3rd time you wipe your face with it. So, basically you have to use a lot of product and wipe your face with it no more than 2 times in one area of the pad. Considering the price of their product it's really a splurge to develope that habit. I recommend the cotton pads from Qiora, which is also a Shiseido high-end brand. That pad has a sturdy side and a soft side. You can exfoliate with one side and put finishing products with the other side. It also does not shred.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

11 years ago

Simply put, these are the best cotton pads out there, even better than Shiseido, which I had used for years until I went to Saks to repurchase and they were out so the SA rec'd these instead. I am so happy I made the switch! These are so soft & silky and they come in a very pretty box. Plus they are quite a bit larger than the Shiseido pads. These really are the best.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I got a sample of these from Neiman Marcus and love them! They are so gentle on my skin and work well with my l'oreal eye makeup remover. Unfortunately, they are way too expensive compared to drugstore cotton balls so I'd never purchase them.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure