LUSH Handy gurugu

LUSH Handy gurugu

Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Triethanolamine , Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Organic Peanut Butter (Arachis hypogaea) , Organic Pumpkinseed Butter (Cucurbita) , Organic Cashew Nut Butter (Anacardium) , Organic Almond Butter (Prunus dulcis) , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Coumarin , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , Chlorophyllin , Methylparaben , Propylparaben * Occurs naturally in essential oils.

I LOVE THIS HAND CREAM! Smells weird but oh my word, it softens even the heels on your feet as well as your hands! Love love loooove youuu!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I was intoroduced to this product when I made a LUSH order and I received this as a sample in my package. I just fell in love with the fragrance first and the thick texture. This is the best moisturizer for my hands- hands down. I really works for me and I will purchase full size pot as summer is over and I can feel it on my hands.

on 3/7/2017 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry, red, itchy and irritated skin on my hands , that is prone to cracking and bleeding. this lotion is Great If you don't get a long lasting headache from The super-strong scent. It works Great on my hands , but i feel so ill from The strong scent , i can't use it. If you're allergic or such, stay away!

update: After a while you get used to the smell, it dies of a little the more the pot is opened. Works great for my hands, they're not as dry and cracked anymore. good for usage during the night, since the lotion is quite thick. If you can handle scents, I recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is strong stuff! When you first open it, you're hit with this very strong scent. I'd describe the scent as vaguely "masculine". Once you actually put it on your hands, the scent intensifies and after a couple minutes it goes away. It moisturizes well. It's really thick, and you don't need a lot. I mostly use it at night or while I'm doing something hands free, since it can take a while to absorb.

on 8/18/2017 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is reasonable pricey but i think its worth it and would definitely repurchase once my current pot is over! I love to lather this on before bedtime as i am prone to very dry hands that are the bane of my life. This stuff is great if you dont mind the rather strong smell (that i actually dont find unpleasant but is strong nonetheless) and the slight greasiness at first- until it starts to soak in and work its magic.

Bought this on a complete whim when visiting my local store to repurchase my facial moisturiser.

For as long as I can remember I have had incredibly dry hands all year round which get particularly bad during late autumn/winter, at which point they crack and bleed (not pleasant), so I'm always on the lookout for a really good hand cream. I've tried loads in the past but never found anything that really works - they usually just seems to settle in the cracks and feel really greasy, and I'm back to square one every time I have to wash my hands.

THIS however, has become my saviour - my hands actually look human (rather than reptilian) for once!! I've had this for a couple of months now and I've been using it most days and my hands feel so silky soft. I noticed a difference immediately after the first use but was sceptical about how it would hold up with hand-washing, and just facing the elements but I can honestly say my hands have never looked or felt better.

Now admittedly I can't vouch for how well it performs in the winter months when my hands are at their worst, but we'll soon see how it fares. I've seen some other reviews that have mentioned this product feeling quite thick/greasy, and I can definitely see how it could be on hands that are already in decent condition, but with the state that my hands were in, I've found it sinks in quite quickly and still feels moisturising for hours afterwards. As for the smell, I really like it - it is quite an earthy scent and does linger for a while but personally I think it's quite pleasant - think that iconic Play Doh smell but a lil more medicinal.

All in all I'd 100% recommend to anyone with dry hands and can safely say I will be repurchasing this time and time again.

on 2/5/2015 7:38:00 AM

I've sampled this one many times and it's consistent. Smells nice (might be too strong for some) it's not a lemon or flowery smell - it's sweet herbs (if that makes any sense). A little goes a long way - rich but not heavy. I use as a night time hand and foot cream for a few weeks. Works great! My cuticles are in tact, no winter snaggles. My feet are nice and smooth, not ashy and rough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

For the last couple of months I've been using this as a night treatment, and without fail, every morning my hands are well-moisturised and the skin is plump. I wash my hands a lot, and overnight they miraculously recover.

I wouldn't use this during the day because I favour non-oily hand creams for the office: Elizabeth Arden or Aveda. Handy Gurugu sits on my bedside table.

I agree that it has a medicinal smell. I've come to be quite calmed by it, but it's strong. Looking at the ingredients, perhaps it's camomile and oak moss.

Since it does such a great job overnight, I'll definitely re-buy. As you don't need a lot, it lasts a while.

on 7/10/2014 7:49:00 PM

lovely scented hand cream, nice and rich but not too greasy. absorbs well and my dry hands love this formula. if I could change one thing it would be the jar, a pump action bottle would be so much easier. would make a nice gift for a female friend, as the scent is a little to powdery to suit men.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Every winter I have extremely cracked, red, and burning hands. I've tried different moisturizers but nothing ever works...except for Handy Gurugu. My hands would be so red and dry that my knuckles would start bleeding from the lack of moisture. Handy Gurugu changed all that. A little goes a long way, too. Just rub some on and it'll absorb in a few minutes. It's really really thick and the most powerful cream you will probably ever use, but my god does it work like magic. My hands were flaky and dry as a bone before, now it's so smooth I can't stop touching it.

Seriously, even if you doubt the power of Handy Gurugu, ask for a sample. It will change your life.

Popular Lotions / Creams