L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Volume, Fine Hair

No Image

3.0

on 4/15/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this new shampoo and conditioner from the Vive line. I have to say I was suckered in just from the name - Glossy Volume "spoke" to me, lol, because usually volumizing hair products leave my hair dried out and dull.

The conditioner smells very nice to me, (fruity-ish but not citrus, can't describe?) and has a smooth texture. I find it rinses out easy and leaves a slick texture, but not like a residue. When dry, my hair is nice and soft, and does not feel weighed down.

I do notice a nice ooomph of volume with these products after styling. I have a short angled layered bob and fine hair.

on 3/11/2008 9:08:00 PM

I looove the L'Oreal Nutri Gloss conditioner, so I figured I'd try this since I have really fine hair that could use a boost of volume. I expected this to be similar to the Nutri Gloss, but with added volume.
My main point: this conditioner made me break-out all along my hairline!! It was really all of a sudden, as soon as I switched conditioners. I think it's the palm oil (see ingredients list below), but I'm not positive. That was the main difference in ingredients between this and the Nutri Gloss.
It definitely made my hair "glossy" and healthy-looking, but didn't add much volume. I think it was still too heavy and weighed it down (despite what they claimed!). The biggest difference in my hair was the smell. This conditioner has a lot more perfume added and the smell lingers all day. Overall not bad, but sometimes that can be annoying.
But because of the break-outs, I switched right back to my favorite Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Shampoo for medium to long hair that is damaged. My skin is back to normal.

Ingredients:

Water - Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-180 , Myristyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Myristate , Fragrance - Parfum , Cetrimonium Chloride , Hydroxypropyl Starch , Phosphate , Methylparaben , Cetyl Esters , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Palm Oil - Elaeis Guineensis , Citric Acid , Hexyl Cinnamal , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Benzyl Salicylate , BHT , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Hydroxycitronellal