SkinActives/Skin Actives - Creme de la Mer kit

SkinActives/Skin Actives - Creme de la Mer kit

4.6

If there is such a thing as a holy grail then skin actives is mine. My was was pathetic 4 months ago; in just those 4 months my skin has improved by at 50%! Amazing in such a short time; I'm excited to see what it will look like in a year!
I ordered samples at first then the kits. They are high quality and gave me an opportunity to have a little creativity.
My favorite products that I use daily or every other day; The Collagen Serum, Vitamin C, UV Repair Cream, Skin Brightening cream, revitalizing cream and the moisturizing cream I made with their kits.

Oh and their sun screen, the first sun screen I've enjoyed using and the only one I'll ever use.

on 3/18/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been using this for seven years. Sensitive skin drinks it in. I buy almost no other brand than Skin Actives, which I found ages ago on eBay. Packaging and price are perfectly minimal.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/5/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love this cream. For $29 it will last me probably almost a year. I make mine with medium to light consistency and my skin "drinks" it right in... my face glows and I'm 50!!

on 10/26/2012 11:08:00 AM

I just started using RetinA again. The "miracle" CDLM was the only moisterizer I could use on my raw skin. I wasn't really crazy about it, since it was a little too emoilient (oily) but it worked. Unfortunately, its just way too expensive. I just can't bring myself to buy it anymore.

I bought the SkinActives kit based on other MUA reviews. I love it. Not only can I control the oiliness (lack of) of the cream by mixing my own, I can add my own fragrance. I've been using 4 spatulas of canvas base cream, 3-4 of the kelp, 4-5 drops of anti-ox and a drop of whatever fragrance I decide I like that day. The results are a orangey cream that goes on more like a serum or the CDLM gel. It keeps my face hydrated and not oily. I've also been using this over the CHAS and Anti-ox serums that I bought with the serum quartet. No more oily skin half way thru the day. My pores are tighter, skin brighter, and I haven't had any breakouts.

I will definately rebuy this kit. Although overall, I don't think its a good CDLM replica, I think its actually much better than CDLM.

I also love the serum quartet...all of them. I didn't see a spot to put a review, so I'll include it here. I loved the CHAS serum immediately...it tightens ans smoothes and reminds me of an old favorite Aveda tourmaline serum. Trick is to use just enough to pat and smooth on skin...too much in my eye area made my eyeshadow flake. The DMAE was a wonderful suprise. Honestly, I didn't like the ELS the first time I used it...however it is a miracle serum to top my RetinA with at night. I've had all 4 of these sitting on my counter for the last several weeks. I can't pick a favorite...and I won't give any of them up haha.

Honestly, I feel more natural using these products.

on 4/3/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to find skinactives and realize that I could actually make my own face cream that could be as effective as La Mer cream! And it is!
The canvas base cream itself is like silk. Once you make it up the way you like it will be one of the nicest things you've ever done for your skin.
I'm looking radiant and getting many nice compliments. I've also added some of their ready mixed products to my routine and I just love them all.
www.skinactives.com Go there, do some looking around and I bet you'll be intrigued. Great stuff. Honestly. And the prices are awesome.

on 3/23/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recently bought the sea kelp bioferment...and am in love. I dont use the canvas base cream, instead I use First Aid Beauty's ultra repair cream as my base. It does not contain any parabens or allergens and works extremely well for my dry skin. Mix in a little vitamin C powder and/or aloe vera gel...Voila. All the goodness soaks up into the skin effortlessly.Even without the vitamin c powder, the cream mixture is awesome. Feels as if the skin is having a long cool drink of water on a hot parched day. I love how my skin looks...and that's saying something. My hormonal unevenly pigmented skin is a thing of the past. I hope I never have to live without this product!!!

on 7/31/2011 8:05:00 AM

I have used this kit for two years and I love it. My skin is sensitive and this product doesn't cause any reddening or breakouts. It is very easy to mix the ingredients (actually it is fun!) and the product is excellent. I love the fragrance options that come with it. The cucumber melon fragrance is very clean and light. Why waste hundreds of dollars on La Mer when this kit costs $29 and has all the same active ingredients???? Also, their Dream Cream (body cream) is wonderful.

on 4/5/2010 11:38:00 PM

The sea kelp bioferment has become a staple for me. After more than a year of use as an under moisturizer serum, the results show. And, purchasing retinol and ferulic acid to mix up your own cream is the greatest. What you have is a very high priced moisturizer for a fraction of the cost. I'm also using their Bright-I cream -- not bad! And, truth to be told, all the products are working better since I've been cleansing with Clarisonics. The money I saved with Skin Actives enabled the purchase!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

""Warning to those sensitive to Parabens"""""""""'... the Canvas Cream in this kit contains parabens. So I passed on this kit and ordered Skinactives 'Dream Cream' and their Sea Kelp Bio-Ferment Gel separate. Best $50 I've ever spent.......... and their CS threw in an Anti-Roseaca Serum to boot! Can't ask for more.

on 8/26/2008 4:33:00 PM

Oh my, I looove this! This is a do-it-yourself kit and is very easy to make and customize, no it's not exactly the same as CDLM but the sea kelp is similar to the active ingredients in CDLM and this does not have petrolatum as a base but uses some good stuff like jojoba ,avocado & sesame oils to name a few, also it has hyaluronic acid. You add to the base cream the Sea kelp bioferment and antioxidant drops and play with it until it's the consistency you want. It makes my skin so soft and radiant. I highly recommend skinactives, great products, fast shipping and reasonable prices . I use some of the ready made SAS serums and they are amazing!