Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, LEcithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus, Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, dimethiconol, dimethicone, Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PHenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain , -: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

This powder worked really well as a setting powder. It made my face look more airbrushed. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging as it's too thick and the compartment for the powder puff was too big. I did not find the applicator useful as I prefer using it with a powder brush. Overall I liked the product and did repurchase it once as my current one is running out.

on 1/5/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Chalk city for me. I looked like I was getting ready for a funeral after I put this on - my own funeral. I'm admittedly pale, but this powder made me look ghastly and flat, and magnified the pores in my T-zone to scientific levels. I put it on one time, gasped in the mirror, and then drove it back to Walgreens to return it. Maybe they do better with deeper shades, but the light ones are just YIKES!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard a lot of good things about this powder and about the colorstay foundation as well, but after trying this I won't give the foundation a go because I was disappointed.
Having extra oily skin I didn't expect this to last all day, but since it claims it is long wear, I was a bit disappointed that after only 2 hours there was not too much powder left on my face, save from some specks every here and there which made me look like I dipped my face in flour or in powdered sugar. It might work better on dry skin, but if your skin is oily this won't work for you

I bought this powder because I was having so much trouble in the summer with my oily skin being all shiny within a couple hours of applying powder. This product caught my eye because it claimed to last 12+ hours. Well, I don't know about that. I usually had to re-apply this one after about 5 hours, which I'll admit is longer than most powders last on my face. I bought the translucent shade, which is always the type I get because I have such fair skin it's hard matching anything tinted. This translucent powder is definitely white in finish. If you don't have super pale skin, I would not recommend buying it in translucent. The powder also doesn't blend super duper well into the skin to appear very natural. It kind of looks very powdery on the face when it's first applied, then gradually becomes less noticeable as the day goes on.

on 12/11/2015 11:26:00 AM

Love these , not chalky , good coverage , controls oil well , looks natural on the skin , does not cause clogged pores , comes in my Color .. No complaints at all ! Love it .

My tried and true for drugstore powder. Soft, pigmented, has a little spot to keep your sponge if you use one... on point!

on 11/10/2015 11:41:00 AM

I have repurchased the powder more times than I can remember. I would use it to set my foundation and my full face of makeup. The color selection is good but I would be careful setting your concealer underneath your eye it can look cakey. Other than that the powder does keep the oil at bay. The price is good around $10.00 but it is occasionally on sale in the drugstores. The packaging I love it comes with a powder puff and a mirror . I actually save the containers because they make cute compacts to get a quick look at your makeup . The only reason why I am not using it now is because I am now using Coty powder in translucent and it works well and is less expensive and has a great amount of product. I do recommend the Revlon Colorstay if you need a good setting powder and they do have it in translucent which is great to try .

on 5/9/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As I already have acre-prone skin, this product made my skin break out even more. It claims to be matte and not shiny for oily skin. My skin looked fine for the first one hour but started feeling oily within the first 3 hours of use. I don't like it at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this mostly to set my liquid foundation. I know you shouldn't do it but it's what works for me; if you use a brush and don't go overboard it's fine.
I've got the shade Light and it looks almost pastel yellow in the packaging but applies way darker. When setting makeup it works fine as you don't use that much, but once I tried actually using this as foundation, applied with the sponge, blended with a brush and it looked orange. Absolutely orange. Not impressed.
It also feels really drying, almost painfully drying, when used on its own. It clings to the fluff on your face and doesn't leave a good look. I'd say it feels smooth and creamy when you swatch it or take it on with a brush/sponge but it sure does feel&look chalky and dry on the skin. It gets better after spritzing with Mac Fix+, both the feeling and the look, but the colour is still off.
The packaging is bulky and sometimes the wrong compartment comes open; I feel like you could break the product by opening the sponge compartment and then accidentally slamming the powder one on top. However, I don't have much of a problem with it as I don't carry it around.
Overall, it's only okay to set your makeup and use in small quantities. As a foundation it's a bad product. When I run out I'm not repurchasing; I think I'll buy a legit transparent or semi transparent setting powder and a loose powder if I want to use powder foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This would be AMAZING for people with Oily-Very Oily skin (I got shade light-medium). I have Combination, so it made my dry patches look BAD, but it does keep you matte for 4-5 hours and has medium-high coverage. I wouldn't recommend for touch ups, because it can very easily look cakey and feel heavy.