Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, LEcithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus, Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, dimethiconol, dimethicone, Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PHenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain , -: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 8/28/2017 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I was in a crunch and couldn't afford my HG powder foundation from Clinique which runs all of about $30/compact. I just didn't have the money. I ALWAYS have to buy my powder from Belks either Clinique, MAC, ect. I have tried SO many different powders from Walmart and to no avail they never worked. Until i found this!! I picked this up in "FAIR" at my local CVS and am actually HIGHLY pleased with this product. The coverage is good. The staying powder is good. The color match is good. Everything I could have asked for and instead of paying $30 i paid $12. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS! Give it a try!

Maybe this is the newly designed compact...stupidest design ever. You have to open the compact, then open it a second time from within to get to the push and the mirror. Why not just leave the puff on top of the powder instead of having to go through 2 steps to get to it? Ridiculous. Not convenient at all. I like to do touchups and am not about to carry a makeup kabuki brush in my purse. Piece of crap.

on 1/5/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Chalk city for me. I looked like I was getting ready for a funeral after I put this on - my own funeral. I'm admittedly pale, but this powder made me look ghastly and flat, and magnified the pores in my T-zone to scientific levels. I put it on one time, gasped in the mirror, and then drove it back to Walgreens to return it. Maybe they do better with deeper shades, but the light ones are just YIKES!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard a lot of good things about this powder and about the colorstay foundation as well, but after trying this I won't give the foundation a go because I was disappointed.
Having extra oily skin I didn't expect this to last all day, but since it claims it is long wear, I was a bit disappointed that after only 2 hours there was not too much powder left on my face, save from some specks every here and there which made me look like I dipped my face in flour or in powdered sugar. It might work better on dry skin, but if your skin is oily this won't work for you

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This powder works quite well on my skin! It sets my concealer really nicely and stays put the whole day! It also kept my oil at bay which is really good as I have super oily skin.

The packaging was also really nice imo, the large pan area makes it really easy to get the powder using my brush. However, I feel that it is abit too chunky to carry it around for touchups. The puff that comes along with it is actually decent and can be used to apply the powder to the face, but I always prefer to use my elf brush.

The colour selection is also quite nice, I got mine is light/light medium, which the perfect undertone but a tad bit too light, which is fine with me because it looks ok after adding bronzer.

Would recommend this :)

This powder worked really well as a setting powder. It made my face look more airbrushed. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging as it's too thick and the compartment for the powder puff was too big. I did not find the applicator useful as I prefer using it with a powder brush. Overall I liked the product and did repurchase it once as my current one is running out.

on 12/11/2015 11:26:00 AM

Love these , not chalky , good coverage , controls oil well , looks natural on the skin , does not cause clogged pores , comes in my Color .. No complaints at all ! Love it .

I bought this powder because I was having so much trouble in the summer with my oily skin being all shiny within a couple hours of applying powder. This product caught my eye because it claimed to last 12+ hours. Well, I don't know about that. I usually had to re-apply this one after about 5 hours, which I'll admit is longer than most powders last on my face. I bought the translucent shade, which is always the type I get because I have such fair skin it's hard matching anything tinted. This translucent powder is definitely white in finish. If you don't have super pale skin, I would not recommend buying it in translucent. The powder also doesn't blend super duper well into the skin to appear very natural. It kind of looks very powdery on the face when it's first applied, then gradually becomes less noticeable as the day goes on.

My tried and true for drugstore powder. Soft, pigmented, has a little spot to keep your sponge if you use one... on point!

on 11/10/2015 11:41:00 AM

I have repurchased the powder more times than I can remember. I would use it to set my foundation and my full face of makeup. The color selection is good but I would be careful setting your concealer underneath your eye it can look cakey. Other than that the powder does keep the oil at bay. The price is good around $10.00 but it is occasionally on sale in the drugstores. The packaging I love it comes with a powder puff and a mirror . I actually save the containers because they make cute compacts to get a quick look at your makeup . The only reason why I am not using it now is because I am now using Coty powder in translucent and it works well and is less expensive and has a great amount of product. I do recommend the Revlon Colorstay if you need a good setting powder and they do have it in translucent which is great to try .